The Pizza Thread

+
Mexicana pizza often (always?) seem to include that combination in here. Pepperone, jalapenos, pineapple, ham, Mexicana sause and cheese. I like it =)

My opinion would probably be different if not for the fact that the Italian sausage they use has a particular flavor that I remember quite fondly; a flavor that might go well with pineapple, but definitely not with jalapeno. Now, if you change the sauce to something with a different spice blend and used Chorizo instead....

I love all pizza. Anchovies are a particular favourite of mine. I don't order often as I prefer to make it myself. However, great New York slice is a thing of beauty.

What's up with this? There is also a thread on at Discord. I know its good but, random. So, CDPR, place a Pizza store in the game.

ezgif-4-ca3607e0a2.jpg

West Coast Pizza (pineapple, bacon & mozzarella on a ricotta based white sauce) is my favorite.

I actually think pineapple on pizza is damn awesome.

But I personally prefer spicy pizzas.

I love pizza because there are so many different possibilities of combinations, styles....whatever you want! I tend to eat the classics, though: Margherita, supreme, and occasionally pine nut, black olives and pesto.

Excited to try a new pizza dough recipe this weekend. It's a New York style dough that cold rises for several days. I'll post photos if it turns out well.

The New York style dough turned out really well. The main problem is my stretching technique.
Vegetarian:

Pepperoni

Cheese & veg

I've been gone for ages and rarely come in here anymore, but this is a wonderful thread that, like a good pizza, made me come back from the dead.

Because my wife is gluten-free we normally bake our own pizza. Favorite toppings include:
  • A well-made, super tasty sauce. Could be tomato-based with tons of garlic, rosemary, oregano and other herbs, or a basic layer of pesto.
  • Tons of cheese: shredded cheese, could be Mozzarella, (young) Gouda, Emmental or a combination of them. Sometimes we add thin slices of Parmiggiano or Grana Padano.
  • Veggies: diced tomatoes, thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh mushrooms (usually champignons), green & black olives, jalapeños, perhaps arugula.
  • Meats: usually salami, spanish chorizo or ham, but once in a while smoked sausage and/or ground beef (or sauce bolognese).
  • Herbs: for a final touch sprinkle fresh aromatic herbs like oregano and basil all over the pizza.
Of course that's just toppings. Here are some specific combinations that we love and keep coming back to:
  • Tomato sauce + cheese + mushrooms + chorizo (our version of the American pepperoni pizza, but better).
  • Pesto + 2 types of cheese + tomato slices + mushrooms + fresh cut basil.
  • Tomato sauce + cheese + tomato + mushrooms + olives + ham (jalapeños optional).
Since I can eat wheat I get to experiment a bit more every once in a while. I once had chicken and bacon on a pizza and it was OK. Recently had a "chilli" (as in chilli con carne) pizza but it was too sweet and not spicy enough (for my standards). Also recently discovered kebab pizza: I'm still not sure whether this is a good idea or an abomination, but it is definitely a sort of guilty pleasure. I am indifferent towards pineapple in pizza but something about it seems wrong...

Anyway, pizza is fantastic and since we have to make our own it is also fun to try new things.

Last edited:
I love all pizza..from Vege to All meat lol

But the best pizza ? Found a place in this town here in Québec called Victoriaville . And there is this restaurant..

OMG! I never seen a pizza so stuffed !!! Seriously , tons of meat and tons of cheese ! the boxes are actually heavy lol

So yeah thats the best pizza for me now .

Just give me a classic Pepperoni pizza and I'm happy.

And yes. Pineapple pizza is evil.

Top Bottom