The sub-objective "Ask about Cerys in the village" from the quest Possession CANNOT be completed due to ONE bugged NPC that CAN'T be talked to.

+

PC. Next-Gen ed. Latest version.

When you go to Spikeroog to get going with Cerys's quest Possession, one of the first sub-objectives is: "Ask about Cerys in the village."

Now, TECHNICALLY, this is a strictly optional part of the quest, which serves no other helpful info other than to feed you some gossip about the islanders' and their lives.
Even if you COMPLETELY skip it, and instead go directly to Elric instead, the quest will proceed completely normally, all the same as if you HAVE asked around for Cerys.

Regardless, I DO wish to report on a weird little bug that's evident in the PC Next-Gen version of the game.

See here:

2 minutes, 14 seconds

That NPC, labelled "Fisherman" is one of the people you're supposed to talk to for this sub-objective in the quest.

However, I have NO dialogue options with him in my version of the game.

If you approach him and press E to talk, he'll just utter a random NPC line and you can't engage in convo with him.

(I have NO issues / problems with the other 2 (two) NPCs (women) whom you have to talk to for this quest. It's just this guy.)

THUS, this sub-objective of the quest is NOT COMPLETE-ABLE AT ALL in my version of the game !!

All the best !! Cheers! :)

Try meditating one hour in the area. First speak to Uldaryk and then there will be two npc's talking about Cerys below some wooden stairs. They will initiate a conversation. Best do that during the day hours (5am-8pm)

Top Bottom