Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite a lot to hope for, but in the game it is mentioned so many times that at this point i can't help but wonder if it part of their plans for next year. Imagine actually going to Pont Vanis to see the home Geralt and Triss live in, seeing Zoltan and the mages as well as King Tancred, and getting rich off the monster contracts Geralt undertakes lol. Skellige is a beautiful place, so if Kovir is anything like that then i would be happy, but truth be told i don't mind where any dlc takes place as long as it has more Triss!

---------- Updated at 12:35 PM ----------

Yeah the outfit just doesn't fit anywhere in the game, so maybe it is a sign of things to come. Most likely any more expansions would depend on the success of the first two expansions.

If by some miracle they are going to have a Kovir expansion, how do we know it wont be one of the 2 already planned ones - or have I missed something, do we know anything about the expansions so far.

If by some miracle they are going to have a Kovir expansion, how do we know it wont be one of the 2 already planned ones - or have I missed something, do we know anything about the expansions so far.

We have these descriptions on the expansion pass shop site:
Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.
Blood and Wine
, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

We have these descriptions on the expansion pass shop site:
Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.
Blood and Wine
, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

oooooooooook Thanks didn't realise lol.

Man of Glass - is that the guy who told Geralt where Yennefer went at the start of the game?

Yeah the outfit just doesn't fit anywhere in the game, so maybe it is a sign of things to come. Most likely any more expansions would depend on the success of the first two expansions.

I've told it already a couple of times but repeat myself again. This outfit was never intended for Triss, never belong to Triss, have nothing with Triss and it is nothing more than a leftover recycled model. So don't expect the outfit means something.

Future is so far away. I can't wait, lol. And something bothers me. I doubt CDPR would ever make Triss-centric DLC. But we'll see sooner or later.
Same I doubt it to tbh - can't see them making an entire DLC expansion based off one character. A character who was already represented well in the FIRST HALF of the game.

We already know how the second half went :facepalm:

I saw Yennefer giving Geralt a kiss as a knee jerk reaction to her excitement. She still had feelings for Geralt even if he didn't anymore after The Last Wish quest. The thing that bothered me the most was that you couldn't talk to Triss about it later to give her reassurance. It was definitely deserving of a discussion. All 3 of them had matters to resolve between each other and it was a missed opportunity because it would have made for a very interesting part of the story.

I think the thing that bothers me most, everyone has it lined out pretty well already, its the fact that this is the same scene regardless of who the LI is. I've played them both through romancing both ladies and I can't remember there being even the slightest difference. Same dialog, looks from everyone...the only difference is if you go see Triss AFTER the Ugly Baby quest and 'collect' her then you don't get the 'Thank Yen..." line.

But Triss' hurt look as she hugs Ciri and then the redirected focus after the kiss. Yen still lays one on Geralt no matter what after he looks goofy and says 'What?" and then acts confused and awkward after. "Its good to see you both..." really? Thats all you got? Would be a good spot for a go to hell look from Triss don't you think? Wouldn't even need to change the VO work...a look is worth a thousand words right?

I think the thing that bothers me most, everyone has it lined out pretty well already, its the fact that this is the same scene regardless of who the LI is. I've played them both through romancing both ladies and I can't remember there being even the slightest difference. Same dialog, looks from everyone...the only difference is if you go see Triss AFTER the Ugly Baby quest and 'collect' her then you don't get the 'Thank Yen..." line.

But Triss' hurt look as she hugs Ciri and then the redirected focus after the kiss. Yen still lays one on Geralt no matter what after he looks goofy and says 'What?" and then acts confused and awkward after. "Its good to see you both..." really? Thats all you got? Would be a good spot for a go to hell look from Triss don't you think? Wouldn't even need to change the VO work...a look is worth a thousand words right?

LOOl would this look be aimed at Yen or Geralt?

I've told it already a couple of times but repeat myself again. This outfit was never intended for Triss, never belong to Triss, have nothing with Triss and it is nothing more than a leftover recycled model. So don't expect the outfit means something.

I don't expect it to mean anything other than it was fanservice that doesn't fit the character, i just look at the fact that at least CDPR made a small dlc for Triss even if it doesn't belong to her not that i use it all.

---------- Updated at 01:08 PM ----------

oooooooooook Thanks didn't realise lol.

Man of Glass - is that the guy who told Geralt where Yennefer went at the start of the game?

Yep

As i remember, Toussaint is close to Kovir...

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I did hear someone saying that was not the case and checked.

Kovir and Poviss are here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Gulf_of_Praxeda
whic is the uttermost northwestern part of the Northern Kingdoms.

While Touissant is in the south and part of Nilfgaard, so between them there's the whole... map basically.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Yep it is quite linear imo to how it all plays out, and the romance still at the moments feels secondary to the main storyline. I always imagined that if Triss did get confrontational about the kiss then she would take it out on Geralt or expect an explanation. I wonder if Triss would have the same reaction if Yen kissed him again in front of her, how much can she take before she shows a reaction. Ehhh all those missed opportunities, if CDPR wanted to create a love triangle/confrontation then sometime around that scene would be the time to do it.

As i remember, Toussaint is close to Kovir...

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I did hear someone saying that was not the case and checked.

Even if not. For many of us it would be an ideal expansion if it takes places in Kovir.

Also if you romanced Yen ! The fact that Triss will live there could be a good reason too. New dialogues and quests with Triss even if you dont romanced her and maybe with Yen included. She could accept your decision after talking with her with multiple conversations about the whole "love" drama.

And if so she could start to treat you as a friend - even if she still loves you because I dont think she will ever get over Geralt since he is her true love.

So since its 100% possible for Geralt, Triss and Yen to be in Kovir there are a lot of ways to design the expansion. If romanced Yen she could ask Geralt to go there and find another golem because I found a note in Skellige where she claimed to get a lot of power if she would be able to control a golem. And she was also talking about Geralt and that he could help her with that.

So Zoltan could be in Kovir or at least Poviss too. I dont know the exact distance between Kovir and Poviss but since both are kingdoms I guess its something like Wyzima and Novigrad or so?

And I know that CDPR doesnt have infinite resourcess to create two new kingdoms. Thats why I would prefer the "Zoltan visits Geralt and Triss or Yen" idea.

Ciri well I dont know if she is able to come. It depends on the endings. If you decided for Ciri being the new ruler of Nilfgaard it could be difficult to visit them.

Dandelion and Pricsilla could visit them but I dont think that this is necessary. We saw enough of them in Novigrad. Aditionally they have the chameleon that needs to be hosted.

Plus some new friends and maybe some old that didnt appear in the main game it would be fine. :)

Ofc. a lot of Triss in here if u romanced her :p (this is the part where @Redemyr is able to shine ! With some really good ideas for quests and dialogues with Triss).

If not some more Yen. With both some deeper story telling referring to some old stories from the books ?

Last edited:
@Sooxzay
I don't like the idea of forcefully reuiniting the cast in an absurdly remote coincidental sets of events.

I mean it's bad already that Gerald seems to run into the same people wherever he goes during the 3 games, but an expansion too?

W1: Zoltan,Dandelion, Triss in Vizima W2:Zoltan, Dandelion, Triss in Flotsam, Z+D in chapter 2 W3: Z+D+T all happening to live in the same city where, of course, Ciri happens to pass through

All pretty much coincidental, independently from Geralt who just happens to encounter them everytime for no other reason than metagamey sort of pandering

Even if not. For many of us it would be an ideal expansion if it takes places in Kovir.

Also if you romanced Yen ! The fact that Triss will live there could be a good reason too. New dialogues and quests with Triss even if you dont romanced her and maybe with Yen included. She could accept your decision after talking with her with multiple conversations about the whole "love" drama.

And if so she could start to treat you as a friend - even if she still loves you because I dont think she will ever get over Geralt since he is her true love.

So since its 100% possible for Geralt, Triss and Yen to be in Kovir there are a lot of ways to design the expansion. If romanced Yen she could ask Geralt to go there and find another golem because I found a note in Skellige where she claimed to get a lot of power if she would be able to control a golem. And she was also talking about Geralt and that he could help her with that.

So Zoltan could be in Kovir or at least Poviss too. I dont know the exact distance between Kovir and Poviss but since both are kingdoms I guess its something like Wyzima and Novigrad or so?

And I know that CDPR doesnt have infinite resourcess to create two new kingdoms. Thats why I would prefer the "Zoltan visits Geralt and Triss or Yen" idea.

Ciri well I dont know if she is able to come. It depends on the endings. If you decided for Ciri being the new ruler of Nilfgaard it could be difficult to visit them.

Dandelion and Pricsilla could visit them but I dont think that this is necessary. We saw enough of them in Novigrad. Aditionally they have the chameleon that needs to be hosted.

Plus some new friends and maybe some old that didnt appear in the main game it would be fine. :)

Ofc. a lot of Triss in here if u romanced her :p (this is the part where @Redemyr is able to shine ! With some really good ideas for quests and dialogues with Triss).

If not some more Yen. With both some deeper story telling referring to some old stories from the books ?

Easy there lol lets not get carried away

We need to wait to see if the Devs will even do anything about Triss yet

But I am hopeful they will address some of the issues in our list.

whic is the uttermost northwestern part of the Northern Kingdoms.

While Touissant is in the south and part of Nilfgaard, so between them there's the whole... map basically.

EDIT:

Oh, i forgot. I thought it's called Kovir and Toussaint and not Kovir and Poviss.

I don't expect it to mean anything other than it was fanservice that doesn't fit the character, i just look at the fact that at least CDPR made a small dlc for Triss even if it doesn't belong to her not that i use it all.

I'm worry not because it was recycled and shit. It's not the reason. I'm worry because they've released it after this thread and negative feedback about the Triss content.

Easy there lol lets not get carried away

We need to wait to see if the Devs will even do anything about Triss yet

But I am hopeful they will address some of the issues in our list.

Just an idea :) At least we can dream about it.

I know that this will not happen for like 99%. But Its an idea. And they could take some points of it and use it for whatever they decide to do ;)

---------- Updated at 01:52 PM ----------

@Sooxzay
I don't like the idea of forcefully reuiniting the cast in an absurdly remote coincidental sets of events.

I mean it's bad already that Gerald seems to run into the same people wherever he goes during the 3 games, but an expansion too?

W1: Zoltan,Dandelion, Triss in Vizima W2:Zoltan, Dandelion, Triss in Flotsam, Z+D in chapter 2 W3: Z+D+T all happening to live in the same city where, of course, Ciri happens to pass through

All pretty much coincidental, independently from Geralt who just happens to encounter them everytime for no other reason than metagamey sort of pandering

True ! Thats why I dont speak about Dandelion. The only "old friend" I mentioned to be there was Zoltan.

Everyone else is still a part of Geralts live ;)

And the other old friends I was talking about would be characters from the books we didnt see in one of the games or maybe just in one of them like Iorveth. I miss this guy !

That's really too bad. That was a missed opportunity for a lot of drama there :lol: ...and a great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom