Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another dialogue for you guys. :p Lemme know what you think - if you like it or don't like it. I'm partially wondering if it sounds convincing, true to the characters. :eek:

Conversation after the battle of Kaer Morhen (Vesemir’s funeral pyre):

G “Hey."
T “Geralt… I’m so sorry about Vesemir. How are you holding up?”
G “Not great. Kaer Morhen will seem pretty empty without the old man stalking the halls.”
T “Geralt, seriously.”
G “I’ll be okay. Don’t worry about me. How are you doing? You’re not hurt are you?”
T “Couple of scrapes and bruises but I’m okay, all things considered. Would’ve been a lot worse if Ciri hadn’t stepped in.”
G “Yeah. She’s really grown up. She can be hotheaded though. Putting herself in danger like that.”
T “She gets it from you. Never been one shy away from a damsel in distress.”
G “Too bad Eredin got away. Would’ve liked to have put this whole issue to bed here and now.”
T “I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You’ll get your chance. Probably sooner than you think too."
G “What’s our next move?”
T “Yennefer’s got some plans for what’s next. You should talk to her about it. You should also talk to Avalac’h - he might have a couple of ideas. He only seems to want to share them with you though. Guess he doesn’t trust us yet.”
G “Alright. I’ll see you later. And hey, I’m really glad you’re not hurt.”
T “Thanks. See you, Geralt."

---------- Updated at 06:11 AM ----------

I don't dislike Yen too - she is gorgeous, I just can't see her as love interest for my Geralt with that character and behave.

Same here. She's just not the one. Harsh as that may sound - it's true.

P.S. You bastard - you got the 1500th post. I wanted it :dry:

Last edited:
Lemme know what you think - if you like it or don't like it. I'm partially wondering if it sounds convincing, true to the characters.
I REALLY REALLY really want this in a game. Thats what is missing there. This is what we asking for!

---------- Updated at 09:16 AM ----------

P.S. You bastard - you got the 1500th post. I wanted it
Sorry didn't see that it is 1500 post.
Yen need some one like Lambert who allways will tell her what he think about her. :)

Proper Dialogue Between Yen and Geralt About Triss:

Original Dialogue:

G “Heard about the bed… Really prefer to sleep on the floor? Wouldn’t recommend it. That stone can get awfully chilly.”
Y “Frankly I prefer a chill to bedding littered with red hair.”
G “So upset about Triss you gotta take it our on the furniture?”
Y “Would you prefer I take it out some other way?”
Y “You know what...? We should end this discussion - before I say something I’ll regret.”
G “But I’d love to hear what you have to say.”
Y “Is that so? Very well then. Listen. You shagged my friend. For upwards of a year. I cannot know what your Witchers’ code says on the matter but ordinary folk would consider it obscene, base, vile. I try not to think about it… That stupid bed was making it difficult. That’s that.”
** This is the point where Geralt can say “Yen… Told you already. Lost my memory” Or any number of equally wienie-ass choices**

This is where I think a real adult conversation could have taken place:
** For the purposes of this conversation I am saying The Last Wish has been completed and Geralt and Yen are broken up **
Y “Is that so? Very well then. Listen. You shagged my friend. For upwards of a year. I cannot know what your Witchers’ code says on the matter but ordinary folk would consider it obscene, base, vile. I try not to think about it… That stupid bed was making it difficult. That’s that.”
G “Do you want to do this now? Fine, let’s talk about it. I won’t apologize for my actions. You were gone and I didn’t even know you existed.”
Y “That doesn’t fix anything. You and her together. Here. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.”
G “Maybe if you had come looking for me. Triss was there for me.”
Y “I didn’t even know where you were.”
G “I don’t know where Ciri is now but I’m still looking for her. That’s not a good excuse.”
Y “It just makes me mad, Geralt. Am I not allowed to be mad?”
G “You are. Acting like a child, breaking things, isn’t going to fix anything either.”
Y “How am I supposed to act? You two are together now and you and I are finished? Just like that?”
*Yen starts to get emotional*
G “Sometimes things fall apart. That’s the way the world works.”
Y “You and I were supposed to be together though. That’s our destiny. You said so yourself when you made that stupid wish in the first place.”
G “Things change, Yen. You can’t expect everything to be the same after all these years. I’ve changed. You’ve changed. You’ll just have to accept the fact that Triss is a part of my life now. I know it sucks but it’s just the way it is.”
Y “Geralt…"
G “You should just try to be happy for us.”
Y *Exasperated sigh as she wipes away a tear* “I can try but I can’t promise anything”
G “You’ve never had any problem fending for yourself. You will be just fine without me.”
Y “Maybe. But I won’t be as happy without you.”
G “I know…”
*Geralt gives her a hug. Just comforting her.*
G “I still care about you, Yen. Just not in the same way.”
Y “Maybe if we hadn’t lost all that time.”
G “Yeah. Maybe... Now come on, we have work to do. If you want to talk later we can but we have to focus on Ciri for now.
Y “Okay. For Ciri.”
*** Then the game picks up with the breaking of Uma’s curse ***

I just want to say, even as I am typing this I’m finding it hard. I don’t think Geralt would be mean to Yen here but I would certainly expect him to stand up for himself. It’s hard too because I do feel bad for Yen. But things change and life goes on. Nothing she can do about it now except try to be happy for them and move on herself. If you guys think the Yen being sad is out of character, don't hate me, just trying to get some closure. :eek: I think a scene like this would have been very rewarding. Very emotional. Big payoff.

---------- Updated at 02:14 AM ----------

Wow, we just cracked 50k views and we are rounding 1500 posts.

---------- Updated at 02:36 AM ----------

I've now posted 3 or 4 possible dialogue tweaks to this thread. CDPR could probably write something better but even my admittedly mediocre changes I think would make some of the moments much more rewarding. It all comes back to, I think they missed a lot of opportunities on the romance side of things. They either intentionally watched the pitch sail by (not the most comforting of thoughts I know) or they didn't think romance was as big of a deal as it should have been (a point brought up earlier in this thread). I think we can all agree that it is a big deal though.

Fingers crossed that they're listening. :) They just can't let Triss's story go out like this. They can clearly see how much we care. I think this thread is very productive. It shows solid reasoning and examples of how we are unhappy. It gives some nice examples of possible fixes. It also shows that we are passionate - we aren't just tilting at windmills here. Keep it up people! :) We will see Triss vindicated yet. :p

Another nice conversation. Actually after reading your Version it would be the first time I feel bad for Yen cuz she shows emotions.

Apparently Keira is not free of the curse either :) I love her character too btw...

On a more serious note, this shows both her and Triss were meant to be "flings" before the "one true" love entered the picture. A fling in Velen, a fling in Novigrad and geralt is all set.

Even the quest for gathering allies shows Keira as the ally you can gather in Velen and Triss as the one you grab in Novigrad. The reason Triss is never in KM before Ciri arrives, is because "Now or Never" can even be completed after that part, since she's just an "old friend" you can pick up.

I have another dialogue for you guys. :p Lemme know what you think - if you like it or don't like it. I'm partially wondering if it sounds convincing, true to the characters. :eek:

Conversation after the battle of Kaer Morhen (Vesemir’s funeral pyre):

G “Hey."
T “Geralt… I’m so sorry about Vesemir. How are you holding up?”
G “Not great. Kaer Morhen will seem pretty empty without the old man stalking the halls.”
T “Geralt, seriously.”
G “I’ll be okay. Don’t worry about me. How are you doing? You’re not hurt are you?”
T “Couple of scrapes and bruises but I’m okay, all things considered. Would’ve been a lot worse if Ciri hadn’t stepped in.”
G “Yeah. She’s really grown up. She can be hotheaded though. Putting herself in danger like that.”
T “She gets it from you. Geralt has never been one shy away from a damsel in distress.”
G “Too bad Eredin got away. Would’ve liked to have put this whole issue to bed here and now.”
T “I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You’ll get your chance. Probably sooner than you think too."
G “What’s our next move?”
T “Yennefer’s got some plans for what’s next. You should talk to her about it. You should also talk to Avalac’h - he might have a couple of ideas. He only seems to want to share them with you though. Guess he doesn’t trust us yet.”
G “Alright. I’ll see you later. And hey, I’m really glad you’re not hurt.”
T “Thanks. See you, Geralt."

---------- Updated at 06:11 AM ----------

P.S. You bastard - you got the 1500th post. I wanted it :dry:

looks more like a script suitable for Twilight movies.

Another nice conversation. Actually after reading your Version it would be the first time I feel bad for Yen cuz she shows emotions.

That's what I'm saying. Writing that was really hard - I felt so bad for Yen. Unlike the main game, however, this one doesn't invalidate your choice of picking Triss. It acknowledges it while still making you feel the consequences of your choice. Think about how powerful and emotional this scene could have been. I would've killed for something like this.

---------- Updated at 06:27 AM ----------

The reason Triss is never in KM before Ciri arrives, is because "Now or Never" can even be completed after that part, since she's just an "old friend" you can pick up.

Still doesn't make it okay. If you didn't do Now or Never before Kaer Morhen then it makes sense that this is her first appearance there. If you did do it though, she should be there. Doesn't seem to far fetched for the game to be able to keep track of all of these variables.

She's clearly more than that though since you can't end up with Keira but you can end up with Triss. The thing with Keira was never more than friends with benefits. She said so herself. Triss is so much more than that. She should be treated like so much more than. She's not just another fling. She's not Geralt's mistress. She's a major character, one of two potential romance interests and I think she should be given the same care and attention as Yennefer. Again, not necessarily as much screen time but everything should be just as meaningful.

Last edited:
I just saw on youtube the video of the Triss romance and it was 23 minutes long, my playthrough took 66 hours, so yeah probably should of been longer, luckily the game had many great quests and side activities to make me forget about the length of those scenes.

I just saw on youtube the video of the Triss romance and it was 23 minutes long, my playthrough took 66 hours, so yeah probably should of been longer, luckily the game had many great quests and side activities to make me forget about the length of those scenes.

Over 100 hours for me, so .. yeah, I hear you. :dry:

Yup 23 minutes. My playthrough took around 140 hours. Around 0.25% of the total game. Not nearly enough. What the game does well only distracts you while you're doing it - once it's over, you're back to that hollow, unsatisfied feeling again. :X

For me almoust 100 hours. Sadly in game so little time You can spend with Triss.

Wow you all spent a lot of time in your playthrough, then again i missed quite a bit of side quests (something to do in my next playthrough), but going by all the hours you spent in the game, the Triss romance content wouldn't even make up half a percent of your playing time (that includes the dialogue with Triss).
Yup 23 minutes. My playthrough took around 140 hours. Around 0.25% of the total game. Not nearly enough. What the game does well only distracts you while you're doing it - once it's over, you're back to that hollow, unsatisfied feeling again.
I actually didn't realise how short the Triss content was until i finished the game and looked back on it, when i was playing i was always expecting Triss to show up in a quest or some storyline, sadly it didn't really happen :(

I'm on my 2nd playthrough, after finished Triss quests I decided to only focus on side quests.
Because I don't want to play the main story without Triss and
don't want to face Vesemir's death either

I'm on my 2nd playthrough, after finished Triss quests I decided to only focus on side quests.
Because I don't want to play the main story without Triss and
don't want to face Vesemir's death either
Yeah that was a sad scene, hate to go through that again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom