Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the saddest things is that game dialogues doesn't predict chosing triss. For example : On mission with cerys, she asking geralt about yennefer and her control over him. And why i can't tell cerys that i broke up with yen :(

awwkkkward

One of the saddest things is that game dialogues doesn't predict chosing Triss. For Example : On mission with Cerys, she asking Geralt about Yennefer and her control over him. And WHY I can't tell Cerys that I broke up with Yen :(

The need to improve on reactivity or place more limitations on quest timings is something they need to address . Doing this mission pre-break up(as i've done 2nd time round) makes more sense(Geralt';s having severe doubts about Yen and Cerys comments hit home even if he stays largely silent) but broken up/with Triss Geralt's silence is very odd(which i experienced first time round).

Actually I feel like I want to finish Velen and Skellige fully before going for Novigrad..

I just love the city and all friends are there.. Zoltan Dandelion and the Dijkstra quest-line with Triss.. just love it.

But skellige needs ages for every questionmark with the small boat jumping into water killing sirens looting chest and that for around 100+ times.

Actually I feel like I want to finish Velen and Skellige fully before going for Novigrad..

I just love the city and all friends are there.. Zoltan Dandelion and the Dijkstra quest-line with Triss.. just love it.

But skellige needs ages for every questionmark with the small boat jumping into water killing sirens looting chest and that for around 100+ times.

yeah hated skellige so much, the first thing i did was getting stuck on a mountain and then died so i had to reload the crash zone with the boat all over again, plus in velen i could go around and understand in what part of the map i was without watching the map itself but on skellige i always need to watch the map before ending on a mountain and going back KMs just to get a stupid obj

anyawys dont you worry when they will add toussaint you can do white orchard>velen>toussaint>skellige>novigrad

I love Skellige it reminds me of Norway. It is sad that when all party goes in Skellige it is impossible to communicate with Triss like with others. We only get - Well.

Last edited:
yeah hated skellige so much, the first thing i did was getting stuck on a mountain and then died so i had to reload the crash zone with the boat all over again, plus in velen i could go around and understand in what part of the map i was without watching the map itself but on skellige i always need to watch the map before ending on a mountain and going back KMs just to get a stupid obj

anyawys dont you worry when they will add toussaint you can do white orchard>velen>toussaint>skellige>novigrad

I hope I can take Triss with me for the trip at Toussaint (if it plays after you decided to give her your heart already what I really whish for)

But yeah same here.. getting stuck on mountains 24/7.. finding caves and dunno how to reach them. After 30 minutes searching around ohh.. the entrance is under water and you have to swim along the mountains.. :D

I love the music in skellige and the atmosphere but the most annoying thing in this game is using the boat for over 50 smuggler hideouts.
Everytime sailing to it kill sirens loot and next one.. costs pretty much time tho.

I love Skellige it reminds me of Norway. It is a sad that when all party goes in Skellige it is impossible to communicate with Triss like with others. We only get - Well.

Another reason why I dislike skellige or lets say for me its the worst part in Witcher 3. Feeling alone noone to talk with that I know or like. Just Yen.

Another reason why I dislike skellige or lets say for me its the worst part in Witcher 3. Feeling alone noone to talk with that I know or like. Just Yen.

Hey hey! Crach, Hjallmar and Cerys an Craite are all pretty awesome even Lugos is pretty hilarious, but for other characters Geralt knows from the game series it is sorely lacking.

I just wish zones didn't become irrelevant for character interactions after the main quests for them are done... Just some dialogue to talk about well, anything to do with the plot or universe would be great.

We're nearly on 500 votes for Triss and 3000 posts overall, nicely done keep it up guys!

I love Skellige it reminds me of Norway. It is sad that when all party goes in Skellige it is impossible to communicate with Triss like with others. We only get - Well.

I really like Skellige(the fact in the english version the skelligers accent seems often to be Northern Irish helps a lot). Astrid's mum sounds just like a relation of mine, it cracks me up. Just such a pity Triss has so little content there on the return visit.

Will it be Geralt Merigold or Triss of Rivia ?

I dunno but that's funny. Geralt Merigold sounds funnier. Like a flower. :lol:

Seeing how they will work on TW3 for the next 2 years, it gives us a solid base for hope that they will add more content including not only Triss, but also Yen and Ciri because that is something the fans clearly want. My optimism has grown since the first day, because more and more people come here with the same issues and this thread became much bigger than I originally expected it to be.

I agree. Seeing all the people eventually find their way here is a good sign indeed. I think as more and more people finish the game, they are all left with this sort of an empty feeling. For many possible reasons, and I'm sure it differs from person-to-person, but for me it was the final act and the Triss stuff. They attempt to resolve the empty feeling by coming to the forums to see what others are saying. A great many of them find their way right here to this thread. It is a place for people to just vent, show their support for Triss, cite specific examples, list possible fixes. Very happy to be a part of this little "community" :D

Thanks to everyone that has come on here to support us. We can affect some real honest to god change here. Keep it up, people! :p

Also, very nice picture. Triss is indeed quite beautiful. :heart: :wub: :heart:

I just learned how to post images, so I will post an image because; reasons.

Nice picture here too. Is that from your game, and if so why are you still sporting that armor in Novigrad? :eek: I agree it looks cool but isn't sort of irrelevant at like level 13 or whatever level you're supposed to be when you hit Novigrad? :X

I still believe they need to fix the major holes in the triss romance BEFORE they add more content for both romance as some of you guys want. All the KM stuff, especially that stupid kiss, the fact the triss turns into a npc post novigrad, the fact that you cant tell other main npcs that you are with triss now and not with yen anymore ecc.

At first i thought when that kiss happened that some sort of cat-fight will take place at KM and you had to calm them down or something but nope, triss just act passively and accept the kiss after the lighthouse.

Such a hole in the writing is unacceptable for me

I agree that this is the priority issue. I think the topic started to veer off-topic slightly (which is okay at times) and it just ended up with possible future content. The OP is our main summary of the issues and I doubt that any of this will make it into it. Still, keeping the conversation going, keeping this thread close to the top, is most important to me right now. As long as it all comes back to the Triss inconsistencies eventually, it shouldn't be too big of an issue. :p

Yeap we definitely need more scenes that acknowledge your love interest whoever that may be(well only Triss because Yen already gets the acknowledgement even if you break up with her)and some interaction with other main characters like Ciri so you can get feedback from them based on your choices.It goes without saying that we need more Triss scenes just before and after the Battle at Kaer Morhen and also before the final mission instead of the famous "Good luck".

I think a priority needs to be some interaction before and after the major battles. Big, pivotal, dangerous moments where it's unsure whether or not you will make it. Would have provided some very nice characterization and recognition of your choices. Having Ciri espouse some of her feelings, a quick conversation or two, would also go a long, long way toward validating your choice.

Maybe we should list specific scenes/moments that could really benefit and list them in order of "bang for your buck". I could compose such a list and post it here for you guys to comment on. Probably sometime today.

For example Lambert and Eskel, when they were drinking together in Khaer Morhen more or less still think you're with Yennefer. I felt like I chose the wrong girl the whole time after Novigrad. And it sucked. They should have included a talk with Yennefer about how you are with Triss now and stuff. I don't know exactly what but I want SOMETHING.

Yup. I quoted the exact conversations in that scene. Very lackluster on Geralt's part. If you go with Yen he asks them if they will ever lay off her and they conclude by saying "To Geralt and Yennefer! Happily ever after!" or something like that. If you rebuff Yen & choose Triss all you can say is "We're not a couple anymore." You don't get the opportunity to set them straight. Eskel asks if you want to talk about it and all Geralt says is "No. I want to drink." When he said that I wanted to pull him through the TV and strangle him! :X

I also wrote out a little dialogue for a possible conversation between Yen and Geralt about their breakup. I felt next to no closure with the way it played out. My dialogue doesn't do their complex relationship the justice it deserves but it is a heck of a lot better than what we got. If you want to check it out and missed it the first time around, it's back a bit (post #1483).

Geralt Merigold, rolls right off the tongue :rolleyes:

Geralt Merigold definitely. Especially as Geralt's not even from Rivia, it's just a made up association which he felt would help build rapport during witchering, so would be strange if Triss adopted it.

One of the saddest things is that game dialogues doesn't predict chosing Triss. For Example : On mission with Cerys, she asking Geralt about Yennefer and her control over him. And WHY I can't tell Cerys that I broke up with Yen :(

Spot on! I bet there are several places if we can gather them...it just reinforces my suspicion that the 'default' romance was always going to be Yen. When the CDPR writers are going that route, their attitude trickles down to the bottom and what appears to be such an OBVIOUS place for a Triss moment is lost because THEY just never even considered it as an option.

When witchers drank in KM, and Lambert speaks - stay away from a dangerous women and Geralt answers that you can breathe easily, we are not couple anymore. Esquel suggests to talk about it, but when Geralt refused, I almost screamed in the monitor - yes, yes, you want to talk about it, tell them that you with Triss, tell them that she isn't the dangerous woman, but gentle, tender, kind, courageous. Tell them everything!

I

Yup. I quoted the exact conversations in that scene. Very lackluster on Geralt's part. If you go with Yen he asks them if they will ever lay off her and they conclude by saying "To Geralt and Yennefer! Happily ever after!" or something like that. If you rebuff Yen & choose Triss all you can say is "We're not a couple anymore." You don't get the opportunity to set them straight. Eskel asks if you want to talk about it and all Geralt says is "No. I want to drink." When he said that I wanted to pull him through the TV and strangle him! :X

Yup i was annoyed enough on my initial run, that Geralt just shut down the conversation rather than having option of responding something like (don't want to talk about it or I'm with a Red headed Sorceress you know.). Then i got even more annoyed when i saw that if you romance Yen and go on the drinking spree(rather than go for second sex scene) you get a scene validating the romance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom