Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any new developments? I don't remeber where I saw it but it seems like there is a lot of buzz about the lack of content for Triss with Geralt on other sites on the net.

Any new developments? I don't remeber where I saw it but it seems like there is a lot of buzz about the lack of content for Triss with Geralt on other sites on the net.
For now all i know it's pretty much from this thread, one thing i've been doing is spreading the word about this forum/thread in youtube videos related to Triss and Geralt.
Hopefully more people who share the same feelings as us become aware and come join us :p the more the better i say :D.

mass erect

great news for us there is hope that they will listen to our ideas then and give us some real decent TRISS content .. that is sorely needed!!

543 and still counting RED

over 3400 posts most with many issues with the lack of TRISS content and as well as some great ideas to fix / add more depth and just great content in general about this wonderful character that deserves a decent love story with geralt as well!!

keep the ideas and posts and votes coming community !!

Back to Triss. Nice pic tho. I don't know if she needs the weapon to make a big BOOM. That babe can make fire rain down from the sky.

She doesn't need anything of that.

She just has her cute face charm everyone around her. Once you saw her, instantly in love !

Ok, you guys have given me time to start thinking on this again...and that should be scary!

Now, I am the fox in the henhouse here, I wear the black hat and played for the "other team"...I have never hidden this fact. But I think I bring a good perspective having picked Yen the first go-through and I dearly love Triss...butt, I just happened to try ploughing out the other field first!

That said, I played through the game and got all the way to the point where Geralt returns to KM with CiriI and I thought, WOW! I remember telling my wife, 'this may very well be the best game AND story I have EVER experienced!' To me, at that moment, at "The Kiss" (remember, I was hooked up with Yen on that play-through so the kiss AND Triss' response were appropriate) the game felt just about exactly right, the pace was spot on and I can't think of a single 'weak' piece of content upto that point!

That's what, about the halfway point,(I think we talked about it, maybe its the 55% to 60% mark) close to half left and how is your recollection of it up to that point? I mean those who were Triss inclined, at the moment Geralt pops in to the courtyard and Vesemir is grooming the horse and Yen sees your return(still no Triss tho)...HOW is your experience just up to that point? RIGHT before the smear it in Triss' face kiss...can you remember your first pass through at THAT moment?

I'll wait to hear what you think before I continue...I want to discuss this a little if we can.

Choices do matter, it's why the games don't always follow the books. By nature, a game like Witcher 3 can't follow the books completely, unless you want a very linear game which Witcher 3 is not. It can be inspired by the books though.

I have the same taste, save the books for being linear, but in games I'd rather have my choices matter. If I wanted to play a game where my choices didn't matter I'd much rather just watch a movie.

More Triss, definitely more Triss! Especially from KM and after. I think before KM it's virtually a tie between Yen & Triss with amount of content. Triss gets a good amount of Novigrad content, Yen gets a good amount of Skellige content.

Agree wholeheartedly that choices matter. Like you say if want to watch a linear story a book/film/tv show provide that, games are about interactivity so a level of choice is a must in most games i invest in.

And yes More Triss. More content is needed for her in and around Kaer Morhen and the final act. As you say before Kaer Morhen they are pretty equal with Yen getting an understandable extra establishing moment in Vizima. It's Kaer Morhen where things go badly pear shaped(with Yen focus and extremely late Triss arrival and no reactivity), recover somewhat in Novigrad and then slips up again in Skellige.

HOW is your experience just up to that point? RIGHT before the smear it in Triss' face kiss...can you remember your first pass through at THAT moment?
Which scene are you talking about? Pardon me but i tried to remember but can't at all, perhaps you might add some details.
Are you talking about when Geralt returns with Ciri and then yennefer insta kisses you?

Ok, you guys have given me time to start thinking on this again...and that should be scary!

Now, I am the fox in the henhouse here, I wear the black hat and played for the "other team"...I have never hidden this fact. But I think I bring a good perspective having picked Yen the first go-through and I dearly love Triss...butt, I just happened to try ploughing out the other field first!

That said, I played through the game and got all the way to the point where Geralt returns to KM with CiriI and I thought, WOW! I remember telling my wife, 'this may very well be the best game AND story I have EVER experienced!' To me, at that moment, at "The Kiss" (remember, I was hooked up with Yen on that play-through so the kiss AND Triss' response were appropriate) the game felt just about exactly right, the pace was spot on and I can't think of a single 'weak' piece of content upto that point!

That's what, about the halfway point,(I think we talked about it, maybe its the 55% to 60% mark) close to half left and how is your recollection of it up to that point? I mean those who were Triss inclined, at the moment Geralt pops in to the courtyard and Vesemir is grooming the horse and Yen sees your return(still no Triss tho)...HOW is your experience just up to that point? RIGHT before the smear it in Triss' face kiss...can you remember your first pass through at THAT moment?

I'll wait to hear what you think before I continue...I want to discuss this a little if we can.

On my first playthrough with Triss, I remember that moment in KM. Yen just sort of kisses Geralt out of the blue and I was pretty taken aback by it. I mean, doesn't ANYONE know I chose Triss other than Djikstra? To me I think people who played and chose Yen got a much more satisfying experience out of the entire game, than those who chose Triss, which is unfortunate. I'm in the process of going back through Witcher 2 and I'm at the point where Roche is carrying her because she's exhausted from using magic, and Triss makes a comment about Roche grabbing her arse. Triss is just too cute and lovable.

Triss being missing from KM when I returned to KM just disappointed me greatly. For someone who said that she'd "be by your side" I figured she'd already be there.

Oh and let's not even start with the whole drunken scene in the castle with Lambert, Eskel, and Yennifer where you can't set any of them straight about you being with Triss now, and why isn't Triss there to be drunk with you?

Last edited:

I was already fuming from having Yen shoved in my face through the whole 'UMA Kaer Morhen sections' with no Triss present and no reactivity allowed towards the Triss. So relief at seeing Triss finally there, excitement at seeing Ciri re-united with people quickly replaced by mounting anger by their cheap lazy decision to force passionate Yen kiss on those who had ended things with her. Barely any reaction from Triss and no follow up sequences based on it made me even for annoyed. Really extra kick in the gut to very poor Kaer Morhen section to that moment.

There is also nothing stopping the games from not following the books either.

Yes, games take (characters, events, etc.) from the books, but it does not mean games have to blindly follow them. Especially RPG ones. Hence why we - the players - have a choice. To decide for ourselves. If the books decided for you... well, that's your choice and yours alone (or rather the book's you decided to follow, for one reason or another). If the CDPR team didn't want us to diverge from "Yennefer is true and only Geralt's love" then they wouldn't have implemented an option to decide otherwise.

...and games about Witcher are not, so your example is misplaced.

Lets just say that that is not something CDPR would do. Less they were to be stupid.
And it would be logical to build on top of a strong foundation.

My example there is not ... for that reason... that is not why it was used... :p ...

I remember that very insulting moment.

was already fuming from having Yen shoved in my face through the whole 'UMA Kaer Morhen sections' with no Triss present and no reactivity allowed towards the Triss. So relief at seeing Triss finally there, excitement at seeing Ciri re-united with people quickly replaced by mounting anger by their cheap lazy decision to force passionate Yen kiss on those who had ended things with her. Barely any reaction from Triss and no follow up sequences based on it made me even for annoyed. Really extra kick in the gut to very poor Kaer Morhen section to that mo

I believe that this scene is the easiest thing to fix with the Triss content. You dont even need to add voice actors there. Remove the kiss and replace with a hug, or just let Triss kiss Geralt. I have high hopes in CD Project Red in regards of that scene, because its the simplest thing to do.

I believe that this scene is the easiest thing to fix with the Triss content. You dont even need to add voice actors there. Remove the kiss and replace with a hug, or just let Triss kiss Geralt. I have high hopes in CD Project Red in regards of that scene, because its the simplest thing to do.

Agreed that would be pretty simple to do, and it would definitely help KM feel a lot better for those who chose Triss. It'd be a nice "Hey, glad you made it safe and sound to KM" kiss. Fix that, and fix the "Well?" on the boat stuff, along with fixing the KM getting drunk scene by maybe actually including Triss, and the game would tremendously improve for Triss lovers IMO.

I was already fuming from having Yen shoved in my face through the whole 'UMA Kaer Morhen sections' with no Triss present and no reactivity allowed towards the Triss. So relief at seeing Triss finally there, excitement at seeing Ciri re-united with people quickly replaced by mounting anger by their cheap lazy decision to force passionate Yen kiss on those who had ended things with her. Barely any reaction from Triss and no follow up sequences based on it made me even for annoyed. Really extra kick in the gut to very poor Kaer Morhen section to that moment.
IKR!! if my choice was TRISS then yen should have stepped aside though the whole KM part.. but at the very least some reaction a slap or some dialog..
it felt really cheap at the very least ..
almost like RED was saying HEY PLAYER YOU MADE THE WRONG CHOICE!! LETS KICK TRISS TO THE CURB AGAIN!!
i wasn't expecting them to start a huge bitch fight throwing spells at each other.. or naked TRISS and YEN wrestling.. hmmm ( sorry bit off topic ) ..
at least something showing that yen made the mistake of trying to piss triss off

Last edited:
It's almost like this, why give us a choice between Triss and Yen if all that's going to happen in the game is Yen being shoved down our throats to make us feel guilty for choosing Triss?

I mean everything before KM I was pretty much ok with. Triss & Yen got pretty equal time, Triss in Novigrad, Yen in Skellige. The intro & Vizima with Yen is understandable because it was necessary to introduce us to Yen's character.

From KM onwards though (except for the Triss fountain scene which is beautifully done I might add. It gets me everytime how playful Triss sounds when she says "Stop interupting I need to focus" when Geralt interrupts her about the fountain image), it's just a big slap in the face for those that chose Triss.

I also don't mind towards the end when Yen is the one that goes with you to the tower. I mean, Yen is the "mother" figure for Ciri so that's completely understandable. The bad part is on the boat with Triss saying next to nothing.

I'm probably repeating myself in most of my posts now, but I guess that just reiterates the amount of frustration I have with have for an otherwise great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom