The Wild hunt specters?

+
The Wild hunt specters?

Hello all, new around here:) I started the series with TW2( haven't had a chance to play 1 yet ). I'm a digital sculptor and I'm working on some renditions inspired by the awesome art done by CD's own modelers. Now I'm not up to speed on the lore of the wild hunt but my question is, are there various specters within the wild hunt or just the three we've seen?

Umm, in the Witcher 3? Those are three generals, there are additional riders from the hunt with simpler armour.

See SOD trailer at 1:27, and in the background at 1:33 for typical examples.

Eredin is the General with the spiked helmet*, the fighting at SOD 1:33 seems to be some kind of mage, possibly an Aen Seavherne ~ Avallac'h?

The design has been changed somewhat from the earliest reveal in the VGX trailer... personally I like the new one better, it fits more the style of the other riders and looks less "Sauron".

Not sure who the third General/Lieutenant would be, I don't recall any other named Aen Elle.

Not sure how much "an entire army" it is. In the Tor Zireael, an unprecedented raid carries off 20 captives from throughout the northern kingdoms... which is on a par with a slightly obnoxious bandit raid.

OTOH, they are "on a mission" right now, and pretty desparate... so this may be "unprecedented" without precedent.

Well, we saw the flashbacks in TW2 and there were...a lot of them, even mentioned that Geralt, Letho and [some other guy(s)] faced them and they just kept coming until finally the Witchers gave up because "they were simply too many".

EDIT: Also to clarify, they're RIDERS of the Wild Hunt and then can send a spectral form of themselves to Geralt's dimension.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it have been Serrit and/or Aukes?

I wonder how well a small group of Witchers would fare against a modestly sized raiding party? Geralt nearly falls at the Yaruga, and several other times when fighting more than one opponent. He is outclassed by some warriors individually, and falls to an anonymous stab ~ as does Coen under less ambiguous circumstances.

We are never given a size for the raiding parties ~ but I'd expect a 'company' at least ~ akin to "The Dun Banner"... that would be ample to overwhelm 4 individuals, while still falling far short of an Army. Which isn't to say that there cannot be more than one company of raiders, with this and the previous (Letho/S&A/Geralt/Yennefer) occasion being a larger mobilisation prompted by a scouring of the worlds for their object of need.

Geralt and Cahir changed the outcome of the battle. Considering that Cahir was not a Witcher or even one of the best swordsmen of the time, Geralt alone did a pretty effective job in both fighting and leading the remaining of Meve's men to victory.
It was said that Bonhart fighting Geralt would be like a cat fighting a wolf, so I wouldn't sell Geralt short as a sword-fighter. If he is not the best, then he is the second best. He gets outclassed by powerful mages such as Vilgefortz, because fighting a powerful mage with a sword is like fighting a gunman with a stick.
But everyone has their limits including the White Wolf, so he cannot fight and defeat an entire army alone.

Top Bottom