The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Thanks

:respect:

Thank You To CD Projekt Red!

I have not played The Witcher Series of games in the past. I have just purchased the whole trilogy and I am currently going through the first Witcher game.
I am now a huge fan and I appreciate all the time, work and effort put into just the first. I cannot wait to play the next two, but I wanted the whole experience, so I started at the beginning. Thanks for a great gaming experience.

Soo :)
After 79h and 18min, I experienced a beautiful but somewhat sad ending, totally qualified for the end of Geralt's Journey. Too bad I will never see the other endings. The coices in this game so hard to make, because you don't now how they will affect the story, but in the end everything I chose felt completely natural and right, just like Geralt would decide in my imagination. In any further playthrough, I won't be able to pick other choices because of this :D

Thrilling story with huge amount of respect to the lore and the books, incredibly well written characters, a believable and enormous world, a combat system that finally suits Geralt perfectly (they had two previous tries for this with Witcher 1 und 2 though^^)... THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED :thumbsup:

Thank you CD Project RED, now I'm super excited for the expansions and your next big game, CYBERPUNK 2077

Yep that is one of the great things about this game, there is really no right or wrong answer but what you do choose can affect the game in dramatic ways. People may appear or dissapear from the story if you choose certain options which can dramatically affect the outcome without you even really knowing it ! I always choose what I feel is the right option, but I always wonder what would happen if I choose another answer! This game gives you the option to be a real bad-ass and destroy everything and be mean to everyone but I always like to ride the line of what a knight or paladin would do or say in each circumstance, I guess its my way of RP'ing in games like these. I enjoyed DA:I but compared to W3 I don't think it even appears on the same page, CDPR have raised the bar for the rest of the Gaming world forever.

I agree, this game is an orgy of awesomeness.
Just had a thought during a play session. Wouldn't it be fantastic if the people who created this gem made an rpg in a scifi setting?
Holy smokes! ..... Cyberpunk 2077 ... CD Projekt ...are you reading my mind?

Truly Stunning game.

I cant remember the last time a game kept surprising me with little ( and big ) things as I played. I have had several wide grins on my face, shakes of head, laughs as I just thought wow as things happened.

I know people are experiencing some annoying bugs, but my playing days go back to the Spectrum 48k, what do people expect with such complex games?

I am so glad I have come from the days of Knightlore, Wheelie, Skooldaze etc as I feel I can appreciate games like this so much more thinking back to how it used to be. Dont get me wrong, at the time those games of old were amazing, but games like the Witcher are just a joy.

Some of the complaints the Witcher 3 receives I get, but the importance placed on them at times is way over the top. It just seems like people are letting the little things get in the way of what is just a truly stunning game. This is my first Witcher game, so no fan boy here, I took it on face value.

So many little things add up to a massive wow factor. I am 50 hours in and only just saw a large running stream, clearly it was there because it was supposed to be there and not just because streams look cool and have been copy pasted everywhere. How you can see the rain and the weather through open windows and glass windows ( no new cells here ala Skyrim, which is a great game by the way ). The lighting from torches, the smoke, the rain and how wet everything gets just creates an incredible atmosphere. Doors that in other games would just not open and be a dead end are blown off the hinges and away you go.

I am in awe of this game and I hope everyones issues can be resolved so they can enjoy it too. I am sure they will and I hope this post strikes a chord with others who are feeling the same jaw drop that I am :)

I cant remember the last time a game kept surprising me with little ( and big ) things as I played. I have had several wide grins on my face, shakes of head, laughs as I just thought wow as things happened.

I know people are experiencing some annoying bugs, but my playing days go back to the Spectrum 48k, what do people expect with such complex games?

I am so glad I have come from the days of Knightlore, Wheelie, Skooldaze etc as I feel I can appreciate games like this so much more thinking back to how it used to be. Dont get me wrong, at the time those games of old were amazing, but games like the Witcher are just a joy.

Some of the complaints the Witcher 3 receives I get, but the importance placed on them at times is way over the top. It just seems like people are letting the little things get in the way of what is just a truly stunning game. This is my first Witcher game, so no fan boy here, I took it on face value.

So many little things add up to a massive wow factor. I am 50 hours in and only just saw a large running stream, clearly it was there because it was supposed to be there and not just because streams look cool and have been copy pasted everywhere. How you can see the rain and the weather through open windows and glass windows ( no new cells here ala Skyrim, which is a great game by the way ). The lighting from torches, the smoke, the rain and how wet everything gets just creates an incredible atmosphere. Doors that in other games would just not open and be a dead end are blown off the hinges and away you go.

I am in awe of this game and I hope everyones issues can be resolved so they can enjoy it too. I am sure they will and I hope this post strikes a chord with others who are feeling the same jaw drop that I am :)
I agree with the OP!

Last edited:
One thing I want to mention and I don't know if I'm a minority on this or not but Witcher 3 is a much better and funner experience if you never were a fan of the Witcher series in the first place.

Let me elaborate: Witcher 3 is funner for newcomer to the series then for those who have play and love Witcher 2. Newcomer do not know off lovreth and Saskia or how Witcher 2 had better armors with hood and how the alchemy system work much better, etc... But most importantly, they don't know what Witcher 2 world was like and how Flotsam to this day is still one of the most amazing places I have visited in gaming.

One thing I want to mention and I don't know if I'm a minority on this or not but Witcher 3 is a much better and funner experience if you never were a fan of the Witcher series in the first place.

Let me elaborate: Witcher 3 is funner for newcomer to the series then for those who have play and love Witcher 2. Newcomer do not know off lovreth and Saskia or how Witcher 2 had better armors with hood and how the alchemy system work much better, etc... But most importantly, they don't know what Witcher 2 world was like and how Flotsam to this day is still one of the most amazing places I have visited in gaming.

Wrong on so many levels. You're probably in the extreme minority.

Wrong on so many levels. You're probably in the extreme minority.

Just my opinion mate. I am also a bit biased when it come to Witcher 2. I even made thread of my fear of Witcher 3 and how it won't be as magical as Witcher 2. Fortunately the devs nail it when they were able to combine some area that look as magical as Witcher 2 and Kaer Morhen that stay true to Witcher 1. All in all, my two biggest worry was subsided.

The combat, the hair, the wrinckles, the wind... indeed a great game! Might be my favorite ever. But its a little early to tell. Gotta finish at least one playthrough.

Fantastic game! I'm still in Velen about 33 h in and loving it! The main quests and side quests are so well done with such nice cut scenes and facial expressions. I won't spoil it but there is a scene with Geralt and a cat that is very funny and the Bloody Baran just wow. Great job! The story is amazing and love the finishing combat touches too. Thanks CD Projekt!

The combat, the hair, the wrinckles, the wind... indeed a great game! Might be my favorite ever. But its a little early to tell. Gotta finish at least one playthrough.

I love the day/night cycle and the wind. Day/cycle should be mandatory for all new open world game, because it makes going to the same place many times feel different. This was something that Inquisition truly lack. This to me is a game changer. Read Dead Redemption had Day/Night cycle as well but it wasn't anywhere as dynamic as W3. And thanks to the weather system, it just so perfect.

Just my opinion mate. I am also a bit biased when it come to Witcher 2. I even made thread of my fear of Witcher 3 and how it won't be as magical as Witcher 2. Fortunately the devs nail it when they were able to combine some area that look as magical as Witcher 2 and Kaer Morhen that stay true to Witcher 1. All in all, my two biggest worry was subsided.

Opinions, especially unreasoned ones, aren't automatically judgment-proof by default because they are "just opinions".

When I stumbled onto Letho, I could literally jump with joy.
When I found Keira Metz, I could not believe that I was actually meeting the famous sorceress
When I read about Regis, I was happy that he finally made it into the game lore.
When I saw bro-man Roche again, I was ecstatic
When I heard Yen and Geralt talk about Geralt's last wish from the book, I immediately thought back to the time when I was reading the books.
When I saw what CDPR did to Dijkstra's character and how fleshed out and well-written he was, I was reminded once again that I was deep into the witcher universe.
And last, but not least, picking between Yen and Triss was and still is an insanely hard decision - a newcomer is likely to pick one depending on whether they prefer redheads or brunettes..

I could go on and on.

None of these things could be applied to a newcomer who knows next to nothing about these characters. They are the ones missing out. They are the ones who spoiled the most arguably one of the best gaming experiences. They are the ones who cannot go back and learn about the lore because it won't feel as magical anymore.

Your reasoning that non-fans are enjoying the game more than the old-time fans is backwards to say the least; people spent years on these boards talking about the lore while sustaining their anticipation for the game by reminiscing, wishing, conversing with the devs, the newcomers didn't have to do any of that.

That's why I had to point that your opinion is just wrong.

Last edited:
Just my opinion mate. I am also a bit biased when it come to Witcher 2.

I played through TW2 about 10 times and I still disagree with you. Just sayin', y'know, if we're just throwing opinions out there. It's one of my favorite games of all time, but TW3 may be the greatest game ever.

Case in point: I just finished all the gang-related stuff in Novigrad. I won't spoil any more than saying it exists, but the way the various quests weave in and out of each other, the innumerable different locales, the insanely well-written characters, just... freaking EVERYTHING, it's unbelievable.

Opinions, especially unreasoned ones, aren't automatically judgment-proof by default because they are "just opinions".

When I found Keira Metz, I could not believe that I was actually meeting the famous sorceress
When I read about Regis, I was happy that he finally made it into the game lore.
When I heard Yen and Geralt talk about Geralt's last wish from the book, I immediately thought back to the time when I was reading the books.
When I saw what CDPR did to Dijkstra's character and how fleshed out and well-written he was, I was reminded once again that I was deep into the witcher universe.
And last, but not least, picking between Yen and Triss was and still is an insanely hard decision - a newcomer is likely to pick on whether they prefer red-heads or brunettes..

I could go on and on.

None of these things could be applied to a newcomer who knows next to nothing about these characters. They are the ones missing out. They are the ones who spoiled the most arguably one of the best gaming experiences. They are the ones who cannot go back and learn about the lore because it won't feel as magical anymore.

Your reasoning that non-fans are enjoying the game more than the old-time fans is backwards to say the least; people spent years on these boards talking about the lore while sustaining their anticipation for the game by reminiscing, wishing, conversing with the devs, the newcomers didn't have to do any of that.

Okay, what I should have said is that W3 cater to fans of the book more so than follow up from past 2 games. I understand where your coming from and since I have not read a single book, it kind of felt like it was for new-comer if you can understand my side of thing. It just doesn't follow up from the last 2 games and some things feel really out of place.

Last edited:
Haha I agree. One scene that I thought was hilarious was the Kaer Morhen drunk scene with the Witchers. I have not laughed so hard in ages and was literally crying. That....that was some comedic genius right there.

Also, I loved how they portrayed Emperor Emhyr var Emreis. Damn, that guy just had such a presence, it was brilliant.

---------- Updated at 10:54 PM ----------

And last, but not least, picking between Yen and Triss was and still is an insanely hard decision - a newcomer is likely to pick one depending on whether they prefer redheads or brunettes..

I could go on and on.

How did newcomers spoil your gaming experience?

the only thing that w3 did better was 1 sex scenes lol and 2 much better triss plus the box figths thats all really no armors were better and this game in few mo nth patched it got tons more and you say you saw them all it got dlc too igot one half plate atm 4 lvl with golden chain on wraist it awesome( not the nilfgardian but other one much better) , the game probably got full plate too ,

---------- Updated at 11:15 PM ----------

with the patches until expansion comes it will be 10/10 game if it aint already w2 was 8.5 game average

Witcher 2's game engine was so OLD and Outdated. Left click mouse to jump down every little ledge. One was forced to go down a designated path that zig zagged cause the environment did not have any form of Z axis / Jump mode. Thank goodness they did away with W2's engine and started anew. I've had W2 on my harddrive for years and still at Act 1...due to the issues I listed, never could get into that game, one of these days I'll force myself to finish it.

Yeah I knew they had it in them to make such a game since TW1 !! And that game was at times really on-rails and poorly optimized.

But boy, I knew they could do it, and aside from some minor complaints, they DID IT.

Top Bottom