The Witcher 3: Killing Monsters Trailer. The DAGGER...

+
The Witcher 3: Killing Monsters Trailer. The DAGGER...

I finally watched it (i never see something immediately upon release, always wait a little before i decide to). I really liked it. Geralt is still top. I won't discuss morality. I intended to discuss DAGGER! Dagger? Yeah, dagger... In this wonderful cutscene of 3d game, we see Geralt holding, wielding and killing/wounding with it, enemies. Now, we remember in 1, an entire category of items: daggers, clubs, maces, flails, hammers, axes, torches; the subweapons. They even had their own inventory slot, draw/sheathe button, combat style/moves and animation. The dagger in 1, even had its very own, personal, finishing move!

My wishful thinking dictated to me the need and urge to ask about it; will we have daggers in 3? Will subweapons return, alongside their own, exclusive, inventory slot? Will the dagger in 3 have an awesome, finishing move, again? Geralt always had a dagger or two, even in the books; are we in for the treat of them returning, not as a main weapon alternative, as in 2, but as a complimentary to your main weapons, as in 1, item???

Let's not take this CG scene too ciriously.

After all it's just a cutscene telling a story and has little to do with actual gameplay.

In TW1 we had that CG scene of Geralt using an iron chain on the Striga.
How many iron chains have we used in the games until now ?

I think the best way to handle this is like they did in TW2.
A witcher simply uses his swords and signs to fight, that's what they are trained to do.

Slicedice808 said:
That would be nice. Having a dagger for sneaky attacks or some other uses.
Nah, thanks.
As much as I like stealth action, Geralt is simply not a hooded assassin.
He either faces conflict directly or stays out of it.

Nah, geralt is mainly a sword user, hell i think the dagger he used was a actually one he took from one of the soldiers. thats why he threw the dagger away instead of sheathing it back to its hiding place (if it was in fact his.)

I don't think the trailer shows anything about Geralt wielding daggers in the game, given that he gets it from a soldier in the trailer. It's not his.^^

ViZ7 said:
I don't think the trailer shows anything about Geralt wielding daggers in the game, given that he gets it from a soldier in the trailer. It's not his.^^

Talking about alternative weapons...

Maybe CDPR should make a Call of Duny game.

In it Geralt could hunt monsters using an assault rifle with silver bullets,
while trying to lift Duny's curse.

Just kidding. :p

emperorzorn said:
Talking about alternative weapons...

Maybe CDPR should make a Call of Duny game.

In it Geralt could hunt monsters using an assault rifle with silver bullets,
while trying to lift Duny's curse.

Just kidding.

Yeah, and instead of going around using roach he can go around stealing and driving cars in a the game called Grand Theft Witcher: Temerian Stories :p

Bearing in mind that daggers in that time were most used as a tool than a weapon, I see quite realistic that Geralt's get one in his boot, ie. And if by any reason he cannot wield any of his both swords why coudn't he defend himself with one dagger? That might be compatible with his cannon character.

BTW... why a red point to the OP?
Making a question deserves bad reputation?

I never used other weapons in Witcher 1 except 1 dagger that had a very high bleeding effect, I used it a lot of times before switching back to sword for some good damage.

I hope we have alternate weapons in TW3, it's not a deal breaker(or maker) but it's nice to have options. Though, bear in mind that in the CGI Geralt just stole the dagger from one of the Nilfgaardians and threw it after he was done.

What, 3's cutscene? In 1, there was an entire, long list of different daggers (let alone sub-weapons in general) that Geralt could pick up and use, as complimentary to his sword(s), not replacing it in inventory slot, which was also realistic due to the design of armor back then. While fighting with it wasn't very desirable, damaging or even usual (but they were pretty effective, they had high chance of causing pain back then, and some had poison too), its finishing move was pretty nice and refreshing, adding variety and new levels of gore! Ok, secondary weapons were deteriorated in 2 (lost their unique slot, different combat style/animations etc), so it is semi expected that in 3 they won't even be usuable/obtainable, or still in existence even. And if in 3 echinopsae return, it would be a waste not being able to disintegrate them in seconds by bashing them with torch, like 1.

Top Bottom