The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but this is just BS... First of, the game releases in 9 days, you can't really drop out consoles at this point. So suggesting it now is kind of stupid. And TW3 looking like Skyrim... Wow this thread has become full with trolls.
And the whole reason for TW3 being developed for consoles is that because CDPR wants to expand as a company, at this point they just can't afford the costs (manpower and development time) of developing 3 builds of the game for each platform.

Not only from a technical standpoint but from a financial standpoint as well.

Perhaps trollish but people like myself are angry. We may exaggerate a bit or by a lot but you get my point. CDPR advertise this game as the most visual intensive game out there and now they are going back on their word. I already hate the fact that Warframe went to console and now I was Okay with Witcher 3 on console as long as it didn't affect PC development (which is never possible) but now this graphic downgrade. I guess PC gamer can never have good things and no point in ever buying amazing GPU cause no dam developer will support it.

And TW3 looking like Skyrim... Wow this thread has become full with trolls.

No one's trolling - that's just my opinion. But my real point is that we should all stop the speculation, close this thread and go home, play something else while we wait. it's 9 days, guys.

Looking and comparing there is such a diffrence in graphics from 2013 and now.....

Here check this out http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-2013-...15-build-comparison-shows-downgraded-visuals/

Compare it and see how terrible it looks before the consoles butchered the PC version.

Looks like a Watchdogs story already....

These are also from 2013 trailer, why aren't downgrade people using them to compare? It is so stupid to think game development won't change in 2 years.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 132

Thanks for the link and its a good read too.

Well At least I know now what to expect from the game... time to cancel the preorder. I have no interest in a console port game. Sorry Cdprojektred's I was amazed with your early works.. I had high expectation of witcher 3. Then last 3 weeks of these rumors now confirmed downgrades.. I'm not going to support something less than expected.

Good luck

Wolfehunter.

Thanks for the link and its a good read too.

Well At least I know now what to expect from the game... time to cancel the preorder. I have no interest in a console port game. Sorry Cdprojektred's I was amazed with your early works.. I had high expectation of witcher 3. Then last 3 weeks of these rumors now confirmed downgrades.. I'm not going to support something less than expected.

Good luck

Wolfehunter.

Wow....

Glorious 15 fps

Yeah we all use a 10 year old gpu's to run our pc games.....

980 and soon the 980Ti and 390/390x is released wich will run this game with uber sampling without breaking a sweat on 1080p and even 1440P
Not to mention dx12 and w10 are around the corner boosting performance with a flat percentage.

Haha, I agree with you - that guy's crazy. Cancelling a pre-order because its graphical capabilities don't meet your render-farm levels of expectation? He clearly doesn't give two hoots about gameplay and such.

Once again, these threads just breed such people. Why aren't the devs/mods closing it yet?

Haha, I agree with you - that guy's crazy. Cancelling a pre-order because its graphical capabilities don't meet your render-farm levels of expectation? He clearly doesn't give two hoots about gameplay and such.

Once again, these threads just breed such people. Why aren't the devs/mods closing it yet?

Its about lying and caving in to console peasants when we are PC gamers have supported CDPR for a decade and now are dismissed when the bags of money getting dropped.

Its a totaly diffrent expirience as we upgrade our hardware to enjoy PC games not a console port or heavely downgraded PC tittle to match performance of said consoles.

Its a backstabbing move nothing more nothing less.

Yep, I won't pretend to know a lot about this subject. I mean, I understand many of our fellow forum members here and they have legit concerns. But I thought it would turn out potentially worse knowing the scope of the game. Knowing that, I'm actually happy with the outcome (Might just be my lower expectations haha). The gameplay looks awesome, the story is seemingly great. As long as a lot of the other elements in the game mesh together well, I'm good.
If some are going to skip because grass isn't up to your standard..I don't know man. That's funny.

I was thinking though, what about a possibility of an enhanced edition or something of the like?

Its about lying and caving in to console peasants when we are PC gamers have supported CDPR for a decade and now are dismissed when the bags of money getting dropped.

Its a totaly diffrent expirience as we upgrade our hardware to enjoy PC games not a console port or heavely downgraded PC tittle to match performance of said consoles.

It's not backstabbing at all, it would be if they would keep quiet and never showed how the game was looking as it was being developed.
Also they never lied to us, they never said the game was going to look like this or that, people just assumed that. During development stuff changes, some stuff is cut out and other stuff is added.

It's a godforsaken game, for heaven's sake, not your life savings. Calm down.

Last edited:
If CDPR's answer were "yes" there should be a stormshit (is it the word?) from those who believe the No-side is rigght. And if CPDR's answer were "No" there should be a stormshit form the "Yes" side "supporter".

Any of both answer will be gratefullly accepted, and the more the date release is closer the less an answer is need be given. As a TW3 fan I'd like to see any answer, of course, here and in other threads, but if I were a CDPR's people I'd keep waiting till the 19th expecting the game itself would give the 90% of the question as answered.

It's a godforsaken game, for heaven's sake, not your life savings. Calm down.

You forgot how Ubisoft got trashed in every revieuw with Watchdogs for doing this to the PC version ?

There is a shitstorm going to be unleashed man, this is ridiculous......

Edit: It will dominate all the good things instead of giving a revieuw how good the game is on PC its going to be the talk of the day how CDPR has downgraded the PC version to console quality.

Last edited:
Please point out what information in my post is wrong after reading this quote from CDProjekt themselves:

I'm not disputing the reasons for limiting the graphical fidelity, I only explained why it was done (platform parity) from a technical standpoint.

What is wrong? The way you interprete the quote.

You interpret the quote as "they limited the pc cause they have to program for several configurations.

But in pc it happens.. Always, in a triple A! Or are they not having help from nvidia to use the unique features from their grapgic cards? Or they are not different kind of cpus?

So when they say The point you quoted, they are saying the same as me. They evaded the question. They said "console development is limited cause it is a multiplatform game."

So I insist, you get it wrong

These are also from 2013 trailer, why aren't downgrade people using them to compare? It is so stupid to think game development won't change in 2 years.

What's funny about it is that on those screens you can see that foliage quality didn't really changed much since 2013. It seem look better only thanks to the sharpening filters, small amount of lightning and camera angles. Take it all away and it doesn't look any better then what we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom