The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood & Wine Developer Diary

+
Is there any information regarding the download size? My bandwidth is limited, so I need to prepare...

Yep, that's exactly the place I was referring to. She paraphrases that in A Night To Remember saying that no witcher would have taken such contract in the times past. For me it's an obvious reference to what Geralt said to Regis.

So, what implies that she's as powerful as Regis? What's the backdrop?

So, what implies that she's as powerful as Regis?
Their dialog, and the fact that she was able to turn invisible and was practically invulnerable, until the poison affected her (i.e. even resistant to silver and etc.).

What's the backdrop?
The detailed context of the story isn't conveyed in that short film. Only certain hints are provided. I wrote some analysis and interpretation here.

---------- Updated at 03:10 PM ----------

From The World of The Witcher:

Higher Vampires.

Many experts include alps, mulas, katakans, bruxae, and nekurats as members of this group. These species indeed possess several unique traits not shared by their lesser cousins, and thus are commonly called higher vampires. They are resistant to sunlight and most can mask their true natures and pretend to be human, which aids them in hunting or evading pursuit. Many are also capable of transformation and possess telepathic powers, making them formidable foes. Despite all these abilities, however, they are not true higher vampires.

Genuine higher vampires are a separate, extremely powerful breed, commanding great powers are sometimes unique to particular specimens. They are masters of the art of camouflage and in most cases appear nearly identical to humans. Only their their teeth, and the fact that they cast no shadows and have no reflections in mirrors, can reveal their true nature. I have even met one higher vampire whose presence did not trigger a reaction from my witcher medallion. Besides being supernaturally fast and agile, higher vampires can also assume the form of a giant bat, become invisible, and use their gaze to mesmerize their victims or put them to sleep. They are invulnerable to sunlight, fire, and silver, and have unbelievable regenerative powers which allow them to return to life even after beheading, dismemberment, or incineration- though in such cases the process may take many decades.

Last edited:
Probably. The detailed context of the story isn't conveyed in that short film. Only certain hints are provided. I wrote some analysis and interpretation here.

Good interpretation but I don't see how she can be as powerful as Regis. By your logic Hubert from Carnal Sins could be as powerful as Regis as well. Just because it's a higher vampire which can assume human form it doesn't mean they all have exactly similar traits.

May be they'll have some interesting internal vampire politics plot there, with different factions and such :) I hope they'll retain the usual Witcher complexity of the story.

The Witcher 3: Masquerade Bloodlines. :p

I don't think a Bruxa similar to the one from the A Night to Remember trailer will be the big bad. as

a similar fight was shown from very early in the expansion, in the video previews.

Whether the villian is male or female, it matters little to me. As long as they are compelling.

@Troldierman: I didn't say she was literally as powerful as Regis. He could be very powerful even by the measure of real higher vampires. Traits like invisibility, resistance to silver and such are however common for them. See the quote above (I posted it here also).

---------- Updated at 03:25 PM ----------

I don't think the Bruxa from the A Night to Remember trailer will be the big bad
There is similarity with the video, but there are also differences. For instance no sonic attacks in A Night To Remember. Sonic attack is indeed specific to bruxae, but not really to higher vampires. So I'd say the woman in the trailer is not a bruxa.

It's hard to guarantee however what CDPR had in mind, since they could change those concepts. It's not like they even never deviated from the books when vampires were concerned (remember TW1 and Blue Eyes being turned, which is a direct contradiction to the books lore). We'll have to wait and see.

The Witcher 3: Masquerade Bloodlines.

Heh, if they'll have that level of complexity, it would be great.

Last edited:
By now I think CDPR are the only devs who could bring a bloodlines sequel the justice it deserves. :) But this dream will probably never come true.

Heh, if they'll have that level of complexity, it would be great.

Paradox just recently bought all the White Wolf IP, including the Vampire IP. Obsidian is rumoured to be working on the game, as they're busy acquiring a lot of the heads from Troika, who worked on Bloodlines.

I think it's happening. Until then though, we have B&W. :D

I was listening to Hearts of Stone OST on my way to work today and the question popped into my mind: When can we listen to the awesomeness that is sure to be the Blood and Wine soundtrack? :) Does anyone know, or can we get any info?

@arkhenon: I didn't really keep track since I don't want to listen to them before playing the games, but did CDPR release all of those soundtracks on GOG (FLAC / DRM-free)? I remember some music from the base game wasn't released there.

@arkhenon : I didn't really keep track since I don't want to listen to them before playing the games, but did CDPR release all of those soundtracks on GOG (FLAC / DRM-free)? I remember some music from the base game wasn't released there.

No, unfortunately the extended soundtrack from the base game and the OST from Hearts of Stone are not available on GOG (or Steam). Same will happen with Blood and Wine OST.

You can only get them in Spotify, Apple Music, Google Music. :disgust:

Impressive work as always. thank you CDPR.
anyone knows anything about that cyclopes like monster with a barrel on his head? I don't know about you but those feathers look very unfit for me. I wonder if they intentionally decided to make it like a joke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom