The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hands-on Video

+
Guys any chance of that "bath" scene belongs to the books, from that tale with Dunny and Paveta? ...Ciri...

Guys any chance of that "bath" scene belongs to the books, from that tale with Dunny and Paveta? ...Ciri...

You can see see the temerian and nilfgaardian symbols in the background. So it's probably taking place in occupied Temeria. (Vizima maybe?)

Last edited:
Dat Aard effect.

looks like Geralt has been manscaping for the ladies.

Last edited:
Is that Vesemir being attacked by the bear? Hair seems similar
Mandatory emotional character death confirmed, cue crying.

Vesemir was a father-figure for Geralt. He taught us the meaning of...

You can see see the temerian and nilfgaardian symbols in the background. So it's probably taking place in occupied Temeria. (Vizima maybe?)
I think so too. I also think that the portrait on the wall is meant to be Emhyr. My guess is that Geralt is being prepared and groomed before meeting the Emperor - can't just have brigands coming up before his Royal Majesty worn from the road and smelling of dirt.

Last edited:
I don't think that's Vessemir being attacked by a bear. Doesn't look like Witcher clothes, and come on the most experienced witcher Alive being killed by a bear?

(Speaking of bears, did the mod just kill Vessemir?)

Last edited:
That's not Vesemir... he would never wear pants like that :D
I thought you might say he wouldn't let a @Kinley take him down like some bitch. But never mind - don't take away my emotional moment.

Also, I believe it's the same bear we see in the Sword of Destiny trailer. And this time around he's attacking men with pantaloons, and inside what looks like some castle or a mansion. So can we agree that this rabid maniac needs to be taken down, and that there's more to him than meets the eye?

Now I get it why CDPR doesnt want to show us much of the game in one moment. They are afraid we all would get heart attacks and in most cases they would be most probably right :D

BTW, am I the only one who doesn't like the number of the monster's level being displayed all along its name? Really dunno why, it just doesn't feel right. (Anyway I hope that there will be an option to hide it)

That's an old school RPG convention and I wouldn't mind if it could be toggled off. Not a big deal though.

There's a lot of HUD elements at display here. I'm not sure the foot symbol thingie is about distance covered, why would they put that in the main screen? Most games keep that in a separate stat screen. If I had to nitpick, the HUD elements are too big and spaced out for a PC game, so I hope this is how it looks on console, otherwise modders to the rescue. Also, I don't see signs of the dynamic skybox/cloud lighting Jose was talking about. I hope they can pull that off.

That's an old school RPG convention and I wouldn't mind if it could be toggled off. Not a big deal though.

There's a lot of HUD elements at display here. I'm not sure the foot symbol thingie is about distance covered, why would they put that in the main screen? Most games keep that in a separate stat screen. If I had to nitpick, the HUD elements are too big and spaced out for a PC game, so I hope this is how it looks on console, otherwise modders to the rescue. Also, I don't see signs of the dynamic skybox/cloud lighting Jose was talking about. I hope they can pull that off.
I first thought the step counter was how many steps in total you've taken. It seems to be how many steps till you reach your way point marker. It goes down at times

---------- Updated at 04:48 PM ----------

Also, did anyone else notice how all the controllers and stuff shown in the non-gameplay bits were Xbox One? Despite they played all the versions. Makes me think this really is Xbox One footage and not PC with a controller. Might be part of whatever deal they have with Microsoft. Or it's just coincidence. Hopefully the Monday stream is PC with PC prompts.

The thing is, if it is like this now then it will probably get a lot better. They have time.

Last edited:
Please oh please tell me that there will be similar Finishing moves on human enemies too!?!?! That harpy moment when Geralt finished her looked amazing! Those animations..
I'd love to see a mob surrender and kneel before Geralt so he could do a finishing move like beheading the bejesus out of him in style. ;D

---------- Updated at 10:21 PM ----------

Totally unrealistic, overstated water/wet effects. I'm sorry, but a wet human body doesn't shine like that. :coffee:
This is Geralt we're talking about. He shines and we are pleased. :comeatmebro:

Top Bottom