The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now with the mod support

+
A modding tool should be powerful and easy to use, it doesn't mean it need to be simple but it have to use some sort of logic.
part of the features of the redkit had this logic some didn't, a modding tool should be a good editor that give the moder a lot of freedom to be creative, parts of it are going to be a more advanced and complicated but understandable. I am going to use warcraft 3 world editor as an example here, that editor was superb it gave the moder so many opportunities, everything was organized in a logical way, even advanced scripting ware manageable by a none programmer like me. Redkit should be something like that, powerful, easy to understand if you open your eyes and try to understand its logic.

Adding command line argument modding tools doesn't follow any of those guidelines and i am taking notes from a program made in 2002.

---------- Updated at 10:27 PM ----------

regarding CDPR i wish to hear anything about this issue, please don't tell us you have a track record of being honest to the community, and we need to give you the benefit of the doubt. please keep this track record. let me understand that i worry for nothing.

They can make it gradually. First release tools which need more manual scripting, then release more automation tools to integrate with that, and so on. As I said, it's better to have something that has more limited use, than nothing, while being reassured that it's because "no one should be excluded".

Even for those who can program, it's the question of complexity. If there are no tools and everything is extremely manual (no way to visualize anything and etc.), then even programmers wouldn't spend time on it, simply because it would be a very daunting task.

Yes, I see your point, as I am frequently irritated with 3D/Video programs being dumbed down so every setting has been muted to fit an automatic model of cave-dweller simplicity, making any customization impossible!

Yes, I agree as someone who detests default settings, I would love to see those capabilities as well. Because what else will my dungeons be worth?...Simply rotting away unreleased on my HDD...So yeah, as far as bit-by-bit, I can see the value, but the end result should accommodate both users, as I would love to see this community thrive!

Oh and talking about assumptions. Do you really think that the REDs would put their time and effort in to a modding tool (that is better thought out than the original redkit as I heard) that can only create skins and rebalance mods? That's at least what I suspect.
Unfortunately by then it will be too late as the part of the modding community that works on and releases tangible mods that aren't simply retextures and remodels (in other words, new quests, items, locations, landmasses, ect) will have moved on to the big elephant in the room here, Fallout 4. There will be little to no time in the sun for Witcher 3 to develop the robust modding community it deserves, once again eclipsed by a Bethesda release (Witcher 2 had Skyrim).
That's why they released 16 DLC's and a NG + mode first to keep the attention of players so they keep waiting for expantions and mods.

Attachments

• brilliant.jpg
    brilliant.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 55
How to fix the error?

D:\Program Files (x86)\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64>wcc_lite export -depot=E:\Uncooked\ -file=characters\models\geralt\armor\armor_shirt\t_01_mg__shirt_d01.xbm -out=E:\t_01_mg__shirt_d01.tga
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Error][Engine] wintab32.dll - GetProcAddress failed for '[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Error][Game] CItemManager: directory 'items\' not found!
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Error][Game] Error: no speed config defined in speedConfig.xml, there is probably an error in there !
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Error][Game] [DLC] There's no DLC directory in the depot. No DLCs will be mounted.
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Info][WCC] Starting commandlet 'export'
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Info][WCC] Attaching depot at 'E:\Uncooked\'
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Error][WCC] Failed to export 'characters\models\geralt\armor\armor_shirt\t_01_mg__shirt_d01.xbm' into format 'tga'
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Info][WCC] ---------------------------------------------------------------
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Info][WCC] Total errors: 0
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Info][WCC] Total warnings: 0
[2015.08.19 22:12:55][Error][WCC] Wcc operation failed

Last edited:
It looks like it has some some issues with spaces in the directory, remove all spaces in the folder names:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64

to

D:\Witcher3ModTools\bin\x64

It fixed my problem and then it worked fine.

It looks like it has some some issues with spaces in the directory, remove all spaces in the folder names:

to

D:\Witcher3ModTools\bin\x64

It fixed my problem and then it worked fine.

Or use
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64"

instead of just

This is great news. If you don't mind - we have added the ModKit to ModDB and encourage all modders to submit their work so we can promote it also. Looking forward to the creations.

Holy crap!...

It's you....

Can I have an autograph, your sites rock! are the air that the PC gaming modding community breathes ;^)

(Admitted blatant horrific fanboying...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom