The Witcher books (NO SPOILERS)

+
I used to hate the Russians covers, but on the second thought...They're actually pretty decent. At least they didn't put Roche on the cover :D

The new edition:

My absolute favorites are Czech ones:
Spanish ones:
And Polish ones (new edition):
I also really the original UK covers. Too bad they didn't do the other books in this style:

I used to hate the Russians covers, but on the second thought...They're actually pretty decent. At least they didn't put Roche on the cover :D

Russian ones have some pictrues inside right? (I think I saw somewhere Witcher books with images and I think that was russian edition). Anyway there is also a 2014 colection set in Poland and Ihave to say that despite haveing all books from second edition,everytime I see it in bookstore i have to fight myself not to buy it.

Spanish ones:

A small clarification, this is spanish SECOND edition, there's a first edition (pic form my own collection):

And a third and different one it's being release this year, five of them with known covers so far.

---------- Updated at 08:53 PM ----------

Russian ones have some pictrues inside right? (I think I saw somewhere Witcher books with images and I think that was russian edition). Anyway there is also a 2014 colection set in Poland and Ihave to say that despite haveing all books from second edition,everytime I see it in bookstore i have to fight myself not to buy it.

Just in case someone wondered individual covers look like this :

And, to add some more, French edition covers.

The new edition:

My absolute favorites are Czech ones:
Spanish ones:
And Polish ones (new edition):
I also really the original UK covers. Too bad they didn't do the other books in this style:

Thanks for this post Zyvik I didn't know that you like the Czech covers so much :)

There are also Czech 1st edition hardcovers with more illustrations - they are recently re-released with corrections etc.

---------- Updated at 02:46 PM ----------

Russian ones have some pictrues inside right? (I think I saw somewhere Witcher books with images and I think that was russian edition)

There is new hardcover release (2015) with illustrations - for now only first two books

Last Wish

---------- Updated at 02:52 PM ----------

Edit: here is brand new cover of Blood of Elves from that edition:

This thread just saved my day! :)

Last night I finished Baptism Of Fire and I think it was the best one in this series so far. Just one character made it super cool :D

So, now I started to read the Swallow's Tower and then there is (translated) Lady Of The Lake soon coming out :) I was a bit worried what about after that?!?!?! And now you are telling me that there is still eight book, Season Of Storms :) Yay! But I guess I'll have to wait it to be translated? ??? Wiki only shows me Sezon Burz (which, I guess, is Season Of Storms?), but still no English or Finnish translation years? (That sticky post is year old at this point)

Sorry if answers are already under this thread, but I'm in a bit hurry right now and didn't have time to read all posts. I just came here to quickly celebrate that eight book :D

This thread just saved my day! :)

Last night I finished Baptism Of Fire and I think it was the best one in this series so far. Just one character made it super cool :D

So, now I started to read the Swallow's Tower and then there is (translated) Lady Of The Lake soon coming out :) I was a bit worried what about after that?!?!?! And now you are telling me that there is still eight book, Season Of Storms :) Yay! But I guess I'll have to wait it to be translated? ??? Wiki only shows me Sezon Burz (which, I guess, is Season Of Storms?), but still no English or Finnish translation years? (That sticky post is year old at this point)

Sorry if answers are already under this thread, but I'm in a bit hurry right now and didn't have time to read all posts. I just came here to quickly celebrate that eight book :D

After 20 or so years, Mr. Sapkowski decided to come back and write an eighth book ("Season of Storms", also known as "Sezon Burz".). I bet you can guess why. :p

Last edited:
Does someone know if the paperback UK edition of "The Tower of the Swallow" which will be released 19/5/2016 will be available in a 234x234x153 mm format instead of a 24x198x133 mm format? I recently bought and read the first five books (I, II, III, IV, V) which all had the same 24x198x133 mm format.

Last edited:
Does someone know if the paperback UK edition of "The Tower of the Swallow" which will be released 19/5/2016 will be available in a 24x198x133 mm format instead of a 234x234x153 mm format? I recently bought and read the first five books (I, II, III, IV, V) which all had the same 24x198x133 mm format.

I believe it will be the same format as the rest - only mistake was done with Sword of Destiny but it was re-released on March with correct height.

I guess the wrong version was larger (since a height less than 20cm would be very small)?

But as I understand correctly (neglecting one mistake), there is only one format of paperback? Not a small and a large one?

Top Bottom