Thronebreaker is going to be standalone now

+
Burza already told us that on Ask a Dev:
Will we get into Thronebreaker from the Gwent client or will it be separate client (ex. if I open GOG will I see Gwent and HC as separate games)?
Thanks for the responses,
Probably both options for player that know GWENT and for those just coming to see more Witcher tales :)

This is basically an admission that you have completely given up on Gwent after messing us around for so long. To that end I think this is actually one of the worst Beta experiences I've ever been involved with.

Good job with that one, guys.

Attachments

• 40304811_10216248280867057_5449086392107794432_n.jpg
    40304811_10216248280867057_5449086392107794432_n.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 40460074_10216248280787055_2282143865005670400_n.jpg
    40460074_10216248280787055_2282143865005670400_n.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 226
This is basically an admission that you have completely given up on Gwent after messing us around for so long. To that end I think this is actually one of the worst Beta experiences I've ever been involved with.

Good job with that one, guys.

There is nothing new here dude. Wait to see something bad before having a melt down.

It was always a stand alone.

So HC have 2 part:
1/ Update Gwent.
2/ Create a standalone game.
No wonder why it took them 6 months.
Question is: do gwentor need a standalone game or just the update (that standalone part can come later).

Imo it's great idea! Marketing around this witcher serie will bring also a lot new players to Gwent. CDPR will get some cash from players interested only by witcher story (otherwise they will never buy it cause they will think it's CCG only). Gwent players will buy it mostly anyway. And those from 1st group after getting some cards from campaign will prob try Gwent too so new players coming. Making Gwent ... popular again

I'd say it's essential that Thronebreaker can also be played as stand alone game. That way players for example don't depend on their internet connection when they only want to play TB. Also it could be easier for updates - If I want to play Gwent I don't want to be forced to update the game because TB needs an update. And when playing TB I don't want to depend on Gwent updates...

Besides, not everyone who loved Gwent in TW3 wants to play the multiplayer version of it (and not everyone who wants to play the multiplayer version will want to play the single player).

Guest 4322057

It was never known before recently that it was standalone. And standalone meaning separate from the Gwent Game. It’s ridiculous to say that Gwent was always in beta because of Thronebreaker and say that now it’s an entirely separate experience. That’s kind of stupid because the entire excuse of what will basically be a two year beta was that Thronebreaker was the single-player aspect of Gwent. Completely retarded

I suppose, I don't see anything wrong with it.

And i see:
1/ Gwent TB gonna be a Buy to Play update.
2/ And to make sure you don't DRY PASS on it, it unlocks 20 new cards (which i thinks is OP, yeah Standalone but still Involved, very clever).
P/s: Don't get me wrong, i still buy if it's not overpriced.

And to make sure you don't DRY PASS on it, it unlocks 20 new cards (which i thinks is OP, yeah Standalone but still Involved, very clever).

It's not yet clear how the multiplayer cards from TB are going to be handled. Players who purchase TB, will get the cards for "free". I suspect CDPR will also give players an option to craft them, instead, for those that are not interested in TB.

It's not yet clear how the multiplayer cards from TB are going to be handled. Players who purchase TB, will get the cards for "free". I suspect CDPR will also give players an option to craft them, instead, for those that are not interested in TB.
I like how you put the word FREE in quote.
Gwent is generous, i thinks they will make you do some simple quest and give you those cards (like leader cards quest).
What i still wonder is after 30+ hours of gameplay what more can you do, does it have unlimited side quest or end of story, to be honest 30+ hours is not that long, maybe 2 or 3 day to finish and then what, back to Gwent, i guess. Maybe if the numbers is good they'll make DLC and more "FREE" card so you don't dry pass.

What i still wonder is after 30+ hours of gameplay what more can you do, does it have unlimited side quest or end of story

The structure of an RPG should allow for multiple runs: taking different choices should lead to different events and story endings. Plus if the game has multiple level of difficulties (normal, hard, brutal) should also grant some replayability.
Maybe they can drew inspiration from a single-player cardgame such as Slay the Spire, which manages to stay fresh after multiple runs.

to be honest 30+ hours is not that long, maybe 2 or 3 day to finish and then what, back to Gwent, i guess

30+ for me could be a month of playing or more. So how the length of a game is perceived is very subjective.
I think at the beginning Thronebreaker was meant to be 10 hours long, so 30+ hours is great news! :)

Top Bottom