Top 2 things you wish weren't in Gwent

+
altaybek;n10007131 said:
It's just annoying and boring to play against. Most of the times all your hand is revealed and you have no strategy or surprise factor left. After your hand is fully revealed you are actually playing what your opponent plots you to play and that's not cool at all.

to be fair... after first round you can already figure out what he is running and what to expect from him to play in next rounds... and current deck thinning meta makes decks very predictable.

altaybek;n10007131 said:
It's just annoying and boring to play against. Most of the times all your hand is revealed and you have no strategy or surprise factor left. After your hand is fully revealed you are actually playing what your opponent plots you to play and that's not cool at all.

Look, I think you're exaggerating here. While what you say should be true in theory, in reality - quoting an intresting sentence about Reveal I found in this forum-
It's Just quick forfeit, because Reveal lacks the tools for a strong strategy

Bleach25;n10007561 said:
Look, I think you're exaggerating here. While what you say should be true in theory, in reality - quoting an intresting sentence about Reveal I found in this forum-
It's Just quick forfeit, because Reveal lacks the tools for a strong strategy

Usk_Khotar;n10007221 said:
to be fair... after first round you can already figure out what he is running and what to expect from him to play in next rounds... and current deck thinning meta makes decks very predictable.

I rarely lose a game against reveal so I'd be glad if more people played it. That's not the problem. My point is, while reveal itself is not problematic to counter, it's very annoying. It removes equality.

Think about playing with an open hand in a game of poker while your opponent still has theirs closed. If your hand is strong you wouldn't care if he sees it or not. He may try to bluff his way out like he has something but it wouldn't matter at the end. You can guess what he has, if he's bluffing or not but still it would be extremely annoying and nervous.

There should be a cap for revealing enemy units

altaybek;n10008171 said:
I rarely lose a game against reveal so I'd be glad if more people played it. That's not the problem. My point is, while reveal itself is not problematic to counter, it's very annoying. It removes equality.

Think about playing with an open hand in a game of poker while your opponent still has theirs closed. If your hand is strong you wouldn't care if he sees it or not. He may try to bluff his way out like he has something but it wouldn't matter at the end. You can guess what he has, if he's bluffing or not but still it would be extremely annoying and nervous.

There should be a cap for revealing enemy units

I see your point, but you have to admit that such a cap would be the nail on the coffin for the archetype

1) another +1 for reveal archetype and especially messing with the cards in my hand (stealing gold cards for example). Usually I forefit if oppo reveals my entire hand as there's no point playing past that as they know exactly what's coming and how to counter it.

2) Weather spam - seriously; those doing this should just stop with that; it's boring, makes games play by rote, and the frustration when they forefit because you've sacked off every one of their weather effects or played around them and are 30/40+ points ahead R3 has nearly had me throwing mouse out the window. OK so I get a 'win' out of it - big deal - if you're not prepared to learn from your oppo about why you lost purely because you're relying on weather spam to do the work for you or support a poorly put together deck, then maybe should consider playing something else?

1-Mill decks. The game takes ages to finish and looks repetitive and binary and very matchup dependant. like 100 % chance of winning against certain decks and 0% against others.

2- Henselt! The most overpowered leader .

Michelazz;n10009011 said:
Henselt! The most overpowered leader .

Really? He's kinda one shot and he's done though - most NR decks don't have much (if any) carry over, so his strength is really all one shot / one round... yeah, if you're up against Siege Towers then they're (about?) 18 points a pop, but overall I don't think he's that powerful - especially when you compare against some of the monsters/consume type decks or Scoia decks where some bronzes don't even need a leader boost to reach (easily) 18 points plus, and monsters/scoia have more ability for carry over.

x1Cygnus;n10008481 said:
1) another +1 for reveal archetype and especially messing with the cards in my hand (stealing gold cards for example). Usually I forefit if oppo reveals my entire hand as there's no point playing past that as they know exactly what's coming and how to counter it.

What card does that?(bolded)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hmm, weird, i see people complaining about mill decks but i havent faced one in months! To be honest, i kinda miss it and would like to face one now. In what Rank could i find that archetype? Or do players only use it in Casual since it's a bit of 'hit or miss'?

And the weather, TBH i think it's the weakest that it's ever been - one proof of that is i rarely see any Dagon players nowaday when for a long time it was the most played leader by far.

I hope the new Hazards and Boons are more interesting than current weather.

nemirni;n10010391 said:
What card does that?(bolded)
One of the various Nilfgaard reveal cards; when I say 'steal' I don't mean that the actual card itself disappears from your hand, but whatever card you have revealed in your hand gets drained down to 1 point.

So a standard 13 point Geralt card, revealed, when hit with this NG card becomes a 1 point brick. Washing the card through Mulligan doesn't revive it's power either from what I remember. I haven't tried with Renew (mainly because I don't have that card) but would guess that the same applies; once it's a 1 power card, that's your lot. I think there's only one of these NG cards though, as it hasn't happened to me twice in a game - but all ways up, that ability just plain sucks - esp if you draw a high value gold card (like Geralt) in R1 and want to sit on it until R2/3 when 13 extra points can be much needed.

x1Cygnus;n10008481 said:
2) Weather spam - seriously; those doing this should just stop with that; it's boring, makes games play by rote, and the frustration when they forefit because you've sacked off every one of their weather effects or played around them and are 30/40+ points ahead R3 has nearly had me throwing mouse out the window. OK so I get a 'win' out of it - big deal - if you're not prepared to learn from your oppo about why you lost purely because you're relying on weather spam to do the work for you or support a poorly put together deck, then maybe should consider playing something else?
what!?
idk where you going with this...
I can say that about any other deck which relies on few cards to generate their power gap. And as soon you counter those few cards, any deck will immediately fall behind your opponent, coz your core combo is countered.

Based on what you saying, weather cards are simply ?no skill cap spammer material? and that people who play with weather don't understand the game..
"relying on weather spam to do work for you" funny
basing on that we can call it about every card which have every turn passive effect...

Weather placement and right timing is still very crucial just like with any other card.

"Game play by roles" well yeah, to a certain point I would say that about every other deck you could make in gwent. As long as all cards in deck doesn't contain RNG ability it will be played out by role, a specially in current 25 card thinning meta. Most successful decks are very reliable and plays by role every time.

I find weather a specially fitting in gwent mechanics, simply coz of the board rows.
And removing weather simply defeats what we really need... more divers themed decks.

Usk_Khotar;n10010931 said:
[edit]

"Game play by roles" well yeah, to a certain point I would say that about every other deck you could make in gwent. As long as all cards in deck doesn't contain RNG ability it will be played out by role, a specially in current 25 card thinning meta. .[/edit]

The word is rote; meaning habitual repetition (apologies if I'm sounding like I'm teaching you to suck eggs; I'm really not, but you've misunderstood my enitre post - more or less... ) :(
I would say that 99% of Wild Hunt frost decks I've versed go like this regardless of coin toss.

card 1) Wild Hunt Hound (WHH) + frost
my play
card 2) WHH + frost
my play
card 3) WHH + frost
my play (there may/may not be a board or row weather clear on any of my plays dependent on deck/draw/all the usual variables etc)
card 4) Eredin + WHH (or Navigator into WHH) + Frost

If you manage to play around or through the frost then they mostly have very little backup; a few WH Riders to boost frost (which if you've countered frost are 9point bricks) and the invariable couple of drowners to do their thing too; they're some of the most boring match up's I've ever had and just wish they'd mix it up a little bit

However as you say:
Usk_Khotar;n10010931 said:
Weather placement and right timing is still very crucial just like with any other card.
I agree with this totally - I don't have any issues with weather being added to any deck tool box and agree that when played correctly at the correct time can sometimes mean the difference between win/lose and can also be the surprise play that may just get you a win as it stops oppo in their tracks if they can't counter or play around it; even more so if they're watching their nicely buffed cards slowly tick down and disappear....

Last edited:
Players mousing over everything on the board and in their hand a hundred times before they play something... Its even worse since the midwinter update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texen1982;n10000981 said:
Mill
Netdecking

On what planet could net decking not exist? It wouldn't be possible even if people couldn't communicate on forums and video's. All you have to do is remember the decks you play against and copy them.

Top Bottom