toughest Boss fight in the witcher universe

+
Anathemic said:
I've just completed my final playthrough of TW1 (which I'm gonna import) and so far the hardest fight for me was the Koshchey (er, the crab-boss-thing before you face Azar Javed).

I mean damn I wasted like 3 Swallow, 2 Tawny Owl, 2 White Rafford, and 3 White Honey. Basically I had to keep my health up and when the chance comes, Aard the bastard back and land 2 hits from Strong style, retreat, rinse, repeat.

IT was soooo long, especially when the damn thing knocked you on your back, stuns, or does a DoT effect on you.

*sighs* ... all you needed was 1 Willow with Rubedo, a Swallow with Nigredo and a Wolf or Wolverine with Albedo. Ok, Alfredo?

talha

Forum regular
Anathemic said:
I've just completed my final playthrough of TW1 (which I'm gonna import) and so far the hardest fight for me was the Koshchey (er, the crab-boss-thing before you face Azar Javed).

I mean damn I wasted like 3 Swallow, 2 Tawny Owl, 2 White Rafford, and 3 White Honey. Basically I had to keep my health up and when the chance comes, Aard the bastard back and land 2 hits from Strong style, retreat, rinse, repeat.

IT was soooo long, especially when the damn thing knocked you on your back, stuns, or does a DoT effect on you.
u must be playing it on hard, it wasnt so tough on medium,1 swallow and 1 wolverine was enough

talhathekiller said:
u must be playing it on hard, it wasnt so tough on medium,1 swallow and 1 wolverine was enough

I only play on Hard. Willow is the key. Immune to knockdown! Simple as that. Additional properties on potions for the fun of it! =)

talha

Forum regular
RageGT said:
I only play on Hard. Willow is the key. Immune to knockdown! Simple as that. Additional properties on potions for the fun of it! =)

so is TW2 hard more tough or TW1??

talhathekiller said:
so is TW2 hard more tough or TW1??

They're different. And TW2 means Insane for me. Not much room for mistakes. Experimentation only on Hard. TW1 had less punishement for distraction or trying new stuff. hehe

Try TW1 on FCR insane, muahhaaa.

Sorry. Not the answer to the question. I can't even recall TW1 vanilla, because normal was so incredibly easy later on, therefore I only played with Full Combat Rebalance in my later runs and that was definitely harder than TW2. It has quite different tactics and combat, though, so the vanilla versions are hard to compare.

talha

Forum regular
RageGT said:
They're different. And TW2 means Insane for me. Not much room for mistakes. Experimentation only on Hard. TW1 had less punishement for distraction or trying new stuff. hehe
so u actually beat the game on insane??thats really amazing dude,but which path and build u follow in ur first successful run on insane??
coz iam thinking to give insane a try, have beaten hard mode 5 times now

talhathekiller said:
so u actually beat the game on insane??thats really amazing dude,but which path and build u follow in ur first successful run on insane??
coz iam thinking to give insane a try, have beaten hard mode 5 times now

First one with a Swordsman with Quen level 2 - But Alchemist worked fine too, with level 2 in that backstab dmg penalty reduction skill and Greater Power Mutagens in all mutagens slot. Hard to do that in 1.3 though... they really screwed up the drops.

Ow, and you can check the Insane Master walkthrough here:

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22245-insane-video-walkthrough/

talha

Forum regular
RageGT said:
First one with a Swordsman with Quen level 2 - But Alchemist worked fine too, with level 2 in that backstab dmg penalty reduction skill and Greater Power Mutagens in all mutagens slot. Hard to do that in 1.3 though... they really screwed up the drops.

Ow, and you can check the Insane Master walkthrough here:

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22245-insane-video-walkthrough/
well ok ill definitely give it a try, keeping in mind i cant afford any sort of stupidity, i might not even fight the operator

Top Bottom