Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geralt accuse Triss because he don't believe the Lodge scare of him. Still from what i see after that scene Geralt trust her

:hmm:
Triss: Let me finish - i can only say this once: If you want to go alone, I'll understand....and i won't try to persuade you otherwise
*two options here*
1. I don't want to lose you
2. I'll catch the kingslayer before you finish your preparations

---> So no, i don't think Geralt said he want to go search for Yen alone, until 1 week after Loc Muine incident :facepalm:

The vid, start at 6:00

Bingo, that's it! Now I remember. It doesn't sound like a break up but if you read the codex, it indicates that it is. I know this because that's what I picked on my play through a few weeks ago, thinking it was the logical thing to say (Geralt and Triss can't make a life together if he's being hunted by every bounty hunter in the world) but once I read the codex, I reloaded and chose the first option. Was in Act 3 at the time so had to re-do the end of Act 1 and the entirety of Act 2. That's dedication [to this romance] for you! ;)

Last edited:
Bingo, that's it! Now I remember. It doesn't sound like a break up but if you read the codex, it indicates that it is. I know this because that's what I picked on my play through a few weeks ago, thinking it was the logical thing to say (Geralt and Triss can't make a life together if he's being hunted by every bounty hunter in the world) but once I read the codex, I reloaded and chose the first option.

Because of this line from codex ?
The sorceress' greatest desire was to be the one and only woman in Geralt's life, and to forget about all the troubles and dangers they had recently experienced. Geralt was close to agreeing to her proposal, yet he knew that it would be impossible to lead a quiet life until he could clear his name. His decision saddened Triss, but the sorceress understood.

And one more interesting thing from codex
Triss was kidnapped by Letho. Geralt and I feared what he might do to her. Believe me, it was eating me alive, making rest impossible.

:wat: It should be "Believe me, it was eating Geralt alive", still nice to see Dandelion care about Triss :lol:

Hm, I mean the only way for the Triss breakup to make sense at the beginning of TW3 would be for the ending where Geralt searches for Yenn alone to be the canon ending, but that just doesn't seem right. It really does need an explanation.

For now, i am happy with this explanation ;)
One party confused and the other already in her own mind defeated, they decide to part ways. The first, because he nee ds to make sense of his own feelings, the later, because she already knows what’s coming, she’s seen it many times in the past and needs to make herself stronger in order to bear it. They set off, one in search of answers and the other looking for a new purpose.

In the end when he finally rescues her by risking his life the love and feeling between them only gets stronger however, with his memories fully returned he is determine to locate Yen to sort out his feelings. Triss knows she cannot prevent him from looking for Yennefer and honestly she doesn't want to. She is still dealing with her insecurities and fears about loosing him to Yen.

Between witcher 2 and 3, they are both unsure about how to move forward so they separate. Geralt decides to pursue Yennifer and Triss attempts to start fresh on her own. During his journey to find Yen, Geralt continues to have doubt and he is unsure about his decision to leave Triss and look for Yennefer. He questions his relationship with Yen on occasion because, he doesn't know what to expect when they meet.

Because of this line from codex ?
The sorceress' greatest desire was to be the one and only woman in Geralt's life, and to forget about all the troubles and dangers they had recently experienced. Geralt was close to agreeing to her proposal, yet he knew that it would be impossible to lead a quiet life until he could clear his name. His decision saddened Triss, but the sorceress understood.]

Yeah, it's not explicit where as the other entry is explicit that they're together. There are a few problems with the break up in TW3 though. First off, if you don't rescue Triss, or worse, if you rescue Triss and tell her you don't believe her, there's pretty much no going back from that. Your relationship is going to be dead and no amount of necromancy is reviving that one. If you do rescue her and do tell her you believe her then you leave Loc Muinne with her and so the break up is not representative of that playthrough. Either way, the break up simply doesn't make sense and feels forced. Yes, I know they did the same with Shani between 1 & 2 but repeating the same mistakes over and over is the surest sign of madness.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not explicit where as the other entry is explicit that they're together. There are a few problems with the break up in TW3 though. First off, if you don't rescue Triss, or worse, if you rescue Triss and tell her you don't believe her, there's pretty much no going back from that. Your relationship is going to be dead and no amount of necromancy is reviving that one. If you do rescue her and do tell her you believe her then you leave Loc Muinne with her and so the break up is not representative of that playthrough. Either way, the break up simply doesn't make sense and feels forced. Yes, I know they did the same with Shani between 1 & 2 but repeating the same mistakes over and over is the surest sign of madness.

IMO:
-If Geralt believe her, no comment ;)
-If Geralt don't believe her. He doesn't believe the Lodge fear one man army, and after that Triss try to explain it to him.
---> In both way, they leave Nilfgaard's camp with no more secret in their relationship. And yep, Geralt love for her stay the same (to be honest, i usually to with the option "i don't trust you" :p)

Actually, i think the break-up make sense, so no argument here :(

Going back to the list there is another reason to provide a context for the break up. To a player new to the series, it always seemed to me that it made out as if what Triss and Geralt had was nothing but a fling, a 'romp in the hay' as Phil might say. It needs to do a much better job at hammering home the importance of that relationship, not just so that you can make a more informed decision between her and Yen (assuming you're not doing it on looks) but also because the love triangle between the three of them really needs to be explored now we have the chance to do so because Yen is back in the games. If not now, then when? It becomes a missed opportunity so providing an explanation for the break up that reinforces the importance of each other, to each other, sets the tone for that exploration in the future.

---------- Updated at 11:59 PM ----------

IMO:
-If Geralt believe her, no comment ;)
-If Geralt don't believe her. He doesn't believe the Lodge fear one man army, and after that Triss try to explain it to him.
---> In both way, they leave Nilfgaard's camp with no more secret in their relationship. And yep, Geralt love for her stay the same (to be honest, i usually to with the option "i don't trust you" :p)

Actually, i think the break-up make sense, so no argument here :(

I never do that because I like to put myself in the mindset of the character I'm playing and if you can't trust the person you're in a relationship with then the relationship isn't worth having. Besides, there is enough circumstantial evidence to suggest that Triss was, at best cut out of the loop, at worse, manipulated precisely because of her relationship with Geralt.

I never do that because I like to put myself in the mindset of the character I'm playing and if you can't trust the person you're in a relationship with then the relationship isn't worth having. Besides, there is enough circumstantial evidence to suggest that Triss was, at best cut out of the loop, at worse, manipulated precisely because of her relationship with Geralt.

-Thing is, when in relationship, people don't always said the truth to each other, sometime there is lie, mistrust and even cheating. It come down to you can forgive this person or not
-Geralt don't believe Triss at this point. But after she explain it to him, he forgive her ... And Triss also understand why he is suspicious about this information ;)

Try to find a video with "i don't trust you" choice, it damn hard to find, look like most youtuber go with "i trust you" :lol:

-Thing is, when in relationship, people don't always said the truth to each other, sometime there is lie, mistrust and even cheating. It come down to you can forgive this person or not
-Geralt don't believe Triss at this point. But after she explain it to him, he forgive her ... And Triss also understand why he is suspicious about this information ;)

Try to find a video with "i don't trust you" choice, it damn hard to find, look like most youtuber go with "i trust you" :lol:

"Sorry, I don't believe you weren't involved in the Regicide of Foltest and others and then framing me for the murder". That's not a little mistrust, that's as big as it gets. Your Geralt may forgive Triss but no one's Triss is ever going to forgive being accused of framing the man she loves, by the man she loves, for murder". There's no turning back from that, not for Triss, not for Geralt, it's simply too big. No relationship could ever be the same after that.

"Sorry, I don't believe you weren't involved in the Regicide of Foltest and others and then framing me for the murder". That's not a little mistrust, that's as big as it gets. Your Geralt may forgive Triss but no one's Triss is ever going to forgive being accused of framing the man she loves, by the man she loves, for murder". There's no turning back from that, not for Triss, not for Geralt, it's simply too big. No relationship could ever be the same after that.

:hmm: Actually i think Geralt don't trust Triss only in the part the Lodge fear Geralt

Geralt: I know you are a member of the Lodge, Triss
Triss: How do you know of the Lodge?
Geralt: Does it matter? I also know the Lodge was behind Demaven's assassination
Triss: Geralt, I...
Geralt: I trust you

*Some dialogue later*

Triss: I was close to you. If Sile fear anyone, it's Geralt of Rivia......
Geralt: We're still close. They could still be doing it
Triss: Don't insult me
choice
-Option 1: I believe you
-Option 2: I don't trust you
Geralt: I'd say the same thing in your place
Triss: I am telling you the truth
Geralt: You have no idea about how much i want to believe you. But you lied once, why would (wouldn't) you do it again
Triss: I never lie to you, i just didn't tell you everything

-If you choose option 1 then yes, Geralt imply that he trust Triss about verything, from the assassination to why the Lodge scare of him
-If you choose option 2 then IMO, he refer to why the hell Sile scare of him

Manage to find 2 video of this choice ;)
I believe you

I don't trust you
[video=youtube;9NM9-oYD6XI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NM9-oYD6XI[/video]

The plot could quite easily have done without them but this discussion is going on elsewhere, let's stay on topic.

From a Triss romance perspective (and I want a lot more than just Triss sorting out but since this is the Triss thread), I'd like to see this:

+ Context for the breakup provided; When, why and where?
+ Her to provide more background on the Church of the Eternal Fire and the Witch Hunters.
+ The ability to give her back the Rose of Remembrance. Preferably at the docks in Now or Never.
+ Short cut scene showing it bloom once more [Reason to stay].
+ Her to appear at the start of Act 2 in Kaer Morhen.
+ Some form of (non violent) confrontation/argument between Triss and Yen over sleeping/seducing Geralt.
+ Reconciliation over what happened.
+ Triss added to the drinking scene; Potential love making scene, same as Yen romance.*
+ Triss added to the trial of grasses scene.
+ Expanded dialogue between Ciri and Triss when you return to Kaer Morhen.
+ Expanded dialogue between Geralt and Triss at Vesemir's funeral. Mutual comforting over the death.
+ Triss replacing Philippa during the Sun Stone quest if in a romance with her.
+ Triss and Geralt to have a final scene/potential love making scene prior to the final battle.*
+ Triss to be with Ciri (same should apply to Yen if you romanced her) at the Inn at White Orchard during the Witcheress ending.

* One of these, not both.

This will provide content for the romance over all three acts as well as adding much needed characterisation and cotent to her even if you don't romance her.

Great list, nothing I can disagree with.

Maybe instead of replacing Phillipa, Triss tags along. I kind of liked having Phillipa there.

Great list, nothing I can disagree with.

Maybe instead of replacing Phillipa, Triss tags along. I kind of liked having Phillipa there.

Same, i liked Phillipa being there, and if Triss was there as well, then it could lead to some banter or awkward conversations between the three.....and if there were any one on one time between Geralt and Triss, then it could be after Phillipa flies away and Geralt can then have a conversation of sorts with Triss.

Bingo, that's it! Now I remember. It doesn't sound like a break up but if you read the codex, it indicates that it is. I know this because that's what I picked on my play through a few weeks ago, thinking it was the logical thing to say (Geralt and Triss can't make a life together if he's being hunted by every bounty hunter in the world) but once I read the codex, I reloaded and chose the first option. Was in Act 3 at the time so had to re-do the end of Act 1 and the entirety of Act 2. That's dedication [to this romance] for you! ;)
Thanks. I was thinking about the Triss interactions in TW2 because I'm about to start a new playthrough while waiting for the fixes promised for TW3. To me it sounds logical to tell Triss that they have to clear their names first but at the same time it certainly doesn't sound like Geralt is breaking up with her. WTF?! I had broken up with Triss and didn't even know it. :(

Last edited:
Same, i liked Phillipa being there, and if Triss was there as well, then it could lead to some banter or awkward conversations between the three.....and if there were any one on one time between Geralt and Triss, then it could be after Phillipa flies away and Geralt can then have a conversation of sorts with Triss.

Yeah, Geralt said to Ermion he will bring a whole band this time, but only Philippa go. Now time to add Vigo, Magarita, Triss to the "Sun Stone" quest :lol:

Sneak peak :whistle:
Triss: Hey Phillipa
Phillipa: Ahh Triss decided to tag along
Geralt: Figured i would bring a couple of sorceresses to find the sunstone
Phillipa: Am i supposed to believe that is the reason why Triss is here
Triss: What?
Phillipa: Oh nothing......

Later on

Phillipa: This must be hard for Ciri, Triss plays the sister, don't you Triss?
Triss: She is like a sister to me
Phillipa: Yet when Geralt is around, you can't help but blush
Geralt: I should of let Djikstra deal with you....
Phillipa: Oh right, where are my manners
Triss: Drop it Phillipa
Phillipa: Don't fret Triss, i won't embarrass either of you
(Geralt muttering along) Geralt: Ehhh i should of forced Phillipa to stay at the boat........

Hm, I mean the only way for the Triss breakup to make sense at the beginning of TW3 would be for the ending where Geralt searches for Yenn alone to be the canon ending, but that just doesn't seem right. It really does need an explanation.

I feel that the description of their breakup by Dijkstra should be placed early and front and centre and not hidden behind the less romantic choice in the middle of Count Reuven's treasure. Other than that i don't particularly have an issue with notion of them splitting between games because getting flooded with a wealth of old memories would be extremely traumatic.

From a Triss romance perspective (and I want a lot more than just Triss sorting out but since this is the Triss thread), I'd like to see this:

+ Her to provide more background on the Church of the Eternal Fire and the Witch Hunters.
+ The ability to give her back the Rose of Remembrance. Preferably at the docks in Now or Never.
+ Short cut scene showing it bloom once more [Reason to stay].
+ Her to appear at the start of Act 2 in Kaer Morhen.
+ Some form of (non violent) confrontation/argument between Triss and Yen over sleeping/seducing Geralt.
+ Triss added to the drinking scene; Potential love making scene, same as Yen romance.*
+ Triss added to the trial of grasses scene.
+ Expanded dialogue between Geralt and Triss at Vesemir's funeral. Mutual comforting over the death.
+ Triss replacing Philippa during the Sun Stone quest if in a romance with her.
+ Triss and Geralt to have a final scene/potential love making scene prior to the final battle.*
+ Triss to be with Ciri (same should apply to Yen if you romanced her) at the Inn at White Orchard during the Witcheress ending.

* One of these, not both.

This will provide content for the romance over all three acts as well as adding much needed characterisation and cotent to her even if you don't romance her.

So just basically force Triss almost everywhere... And replacing characters with Triss? Seriously?

Last edited:
Aside from 3 main thing need to be fixed, i think it will be nice if we have some of this below (yeah yeah, only hoping :whistle:)

From the list of @saladin1701

+ Triss and Philippa during the Sun Stone quest in a romance or without romance her.

After delete some point there are still 7, i am too greedy :lol:

Last edited:
Aside from 3 main thing need to be fixed, i think it will be nice if we have some of this below (yeah yeah, only hoping :whistle:)

From the list of @saladin1701

+ Triss and Philippa during the Sun Stone quest in a romance or without romance her.

After delete some point there are still 7, i am too greedy :lol:

None of these would make my top 3 which are(reactivity to romance in Kaer Morhen UMA portion), proper welcome on re-uniting at Kaer morhen & reaction to Yen Kiss, Skellige boat dialogue including rose & worries about coming battle)

-I'd certainly like to see some indication of confrontation & reconciliation between the 2 women. As it now stands there's now sign of how they got from furious(yen bed throwing) to utterly calm friendly behaviour.
- Wouldn't complain about comfort at funeral.
-Equally i think the witcheress ending would be better if Geralt's LI was present in the inn.

-Don't really think context of breakup is needed. There's already dialogue explaining where/When(Dijkstra). Why should always be left to player.
-I may be in minority but i don't think Triss and Ciri extra dialogue is much needed. Ciri reacting to Geralt about his romance choice would be much preferred by me.
-Equally don't think shoving her into sunstone at this point serves any purpose, giving her dialogue on boat instead serves better imo.

I don't understand why many of you tries to force Triss in Kaer Morhen Uma quest! For me there isn't any logical reason why she should be there, dare to explain this to me please?

I don't understand why many of you tries to force Triss in Kaer Morhen Uma quest! For me there isn't any logical reason why she should be there, dare to explain this to me please?

For me there's no logical reason for her not to be there if she's been invited well beforehand by Geralt & they auto invite her later.
It's also bloody strange imo that such a great opportunity for a confrontation with Yen prior to Ciri's arrival is ignored
It is even less logical for there to be no ability to express any reactivity to the romance during the multiple sequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom