Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making a very good point. I feel that we should start a thread and give them our input on the matter (Our current romance options being adding to the expansions that is) perhaps request some more information about it. Just to know if it was in their plans or not.

Good idea and i would really like to see it happen, but i don't think they will give away any information willingly, they will make us wait for a while and considering the Blood and Wine dlc won't happen until Q1 next year, it will be a while before we hear any news, and they may want to surprise us....

I saw that one coming. I know they can't give us too much information about it. But our question will be simple (Are we going to have more Triss and Yen in the expansions or not?). It seems fair enough for us ask and from them to share that much information about the expansions. It would definitely make the people who suffered through Triss's romance with all the inconsistencies and plot holes to reconsider coming back to the game with high hopes of having a better ending.

EDIT reason: Typos.

Do you want to lose sale, because this exactly the way you lose sale

I highly doubt either Yen or Triss will show in Toussaint since they are both busy doing stuff, maybe Fringilla? Altho she is in Emhyrs dungeon during W3 afaik...

They really should be there, both of them. We also don't know if the events in the expansions will be relevant in anyway to the events of the main-story line. I doubt they will be. Doesn't mean that it won't have primary quests in it.

I'm really hoping the events that will happen in them will be based after the end of The Wild Hunt and Ciri defeating The White Frost.

I honestly don't expect to see neither Triss nor Yen in the Hearts of Stone(except maybe for a short mention from some characters), I think it will focus on its own standalone storyline maybe relating in some way to the main story. The Blood and Wine though, being a bigger expansion and featuring a whole new area would be a perfect setting to further develop the romance with either Triss or Yen, especially since Touissant seems like a great place for it being unaffected by war. I would really like it if both Triss and Yen are part of it and having another Vegelbond like scene with Triss would be absolutely amazing.

Do you want to lose sale, because this exactly the way you lose sale

I know, I'm sorry. I blame it on the inconsistencies and plot holes in Triss's romance though. xD

---------- Updated at 12:00 PM ----------

The Blood and Wine though, being a bigger expansion and featuring a whole new area would be a perfect setting to further develop the romance with either Triss or Yen, especially since Touissant seems like a great place for it being unaffected by war. I would really like it if both Triss and Yen are part of it and having another Vegelbond like scene with Triss would be absolutely amazing.

That would be nice. The name of the expansions is a little too dark (Makes me feel uneasy taking them there).

EDIT reason: Typos

Last edited:
I honestly don't expect to see neither Triss nor Yen in the Hearts of Stone(except maybe for a short mention from some characters), I think it will focus on its own standalone storyline maybe relating in some way to the main story. The Blood and Wine though, being a bigger expansion and featuring a whole new area would be a perfect setting to further develop the romance with either Triss or Yen, especially since Touissant seems like a great place for it being unaffected by war. I would really like it if both Triss and Yen are part of it and having another Vegelbond like scene with Triss would be absolutely amazing.

Yes i agree, i think the best we will get in the first expansion is a mention here or there, but in Blood and Wine considering as far as we know that it will be the last expansion, i think having a scene like the Vengelbud party would be a great chance to further a relationship with a love interest and would be a way to give these characters a finale/sending off (assuming no more expansions are planned).

Yes i agree, i think the best we will get in the first expansion is a mention here or there, but in Blood and Wine considering as far as we know that it will be the last expansion, i think having a scene like the Vengelbud party would be a great chance to further a relationship with a love interest and would be a way to give these characters a finale/sending off (assuming no more expansions are planned).

I think adding more future expansions (More than the two they already planned on adding) will depend on how much sales and success the game accomplish in the next 8 months. I know there is so much in TW-World that we haven't explored or seen yet. We keep hearing about it. About people going to those places to see or do this, that and the other. I would love to see it all (Pointing fingers at Kovir). They may have already planned a few things that they chose not to share. As I said. It all highly depend on their resources and limitation.

Last edited:
I think adding more future expansions (More than the two they already planned on adding) will depend on how much sales and success the game accomplish in the next 8 months. I know there is so much in TW-World that we haven't explored or seen yet. We keep hearing about it. About people going to those places to see or do this, that and the other. I would love to see it all (Pointing fingers at Kovir). They may have already planned a few things that they chose not to share. As I said. It all highly depend on their resources and limitation.

Yep i do know that they are sending people to work on Cyberpunk but the core team is still focused on the expansions....the success of the two expansions could lead to another expansion (or maybe an enhanced edition, or both). The success of this game is already greater than they thought (they assumed 7 million copies by the end of the year and it is possibly already past that now), and the expansions were announced before the game released, so for all we know they may have more plans for this game......still all i can say is Kovir, Kovir, Kovir!!!

I think adding more future expansions (More than the two they already planned on adding) will depend on how much sales and success the game accomplish in the next 8 months. I know there is so much in TW-World that we haven't explored or seen yet. We keep hearing about it. About people going to those places to see or do this, that and the other. I would love to see it all (Pointing fingers toward Kovir). They may have already planned a few things that they chose not to share. As I said. It all highly depend on their resources and limitation.

I think you nailed it.
It happened the same thing with Mass Effect 3. The first dlcs were more centered on story with only minor dialogues with love interest here and there.
But the last dlc, The Citadel dlc was made after gathering tons of fan feedback and it included ALL of the characters of the game for a final reunion.
I don't think CD Project will do the exact same thing, but certainly if the first 2 expansion will sell well they will consider a third final one after gathering all the feedback in the meanwhile and maybe focused on main characters.

Last edited:
Yep i do know that they are sending people to work on Cyberpunk but the core team is still focused on the expansions....the success of the two expansions could lead to another expansion (or maybe an enhanced edition, or both). The success of this game is already greater than they thought (they assumed 7 million copies by the end of the year and it is possibly already past that now), and the expansions were announced before the game released, so for all we know they may have more plans for this game......still all i can say is Kovir, Kovir, Kovir!!!

I heard Kovir is lovely this time of years :D

I think you nailed it.
It happened the same thing with Mass Effect 3. The first dlcs were more centered on story with only minor dialogues with love interest here and there.
But the last dlc, The Citadel dlc was made after gathering tons of fan feedback and it included ALL of the characters of the game for a final reunion.
I don't think CD Project will do the exact same thing, but certainly if the first 2 expansion will sell well they will consider a third final one after gathering all the feedback in the meanwhile and maybe focused on main characters.

Yeah. The developers did say that the game contain hours of "sex" and they were trying to explain why without giving out too much details. Those hours are not currently in-game. I'm guessing the expansions will give us that feature. Hopefully. We'll get to share that with our love-interest. Not with some random prostitutes in a new brothel.

I think you nailed it.

The main difference is that Mass Effect DLCs where modern day DLCs. What CPDR have in mind are old school expansions like we got in the good old days of gaming where publishers appreciated their customers and didn't try to fleece them with substandard and bug riddled garbage or charge them a pretty penny for some re-skinned armour and call that 'new content'. Most other modern developers/publishers could learn a thing or two from these guys on customer appreciation.

---------- Updated at 12:54 PM ----------

About lighthouse scene, I made a video without shadows, it could be done better, but in my hands is only freecam. I believe CDPR could do it better with another angles and more beautiful and romantically.
NSFW!

Good work but the more I see that scene the more it pisses me off. It's criminal how mishandled Triss' romance is. This has got to be fixed and moving around or adding a bit of dialogue here and there isn't going to come close to fixing the mess they left it in. Grrrrr

Last edited:
The main difference is that Mass Effect DLCs where modern day DLCs. What CPDR have in mind are old school expansions like we got in the good old days of gaming where publishers appreciated their customers and didn't try to fleece them with substandard and bug riddled garbage or charge them a pretty penny for some re-skinned armour and call that 'new content'. Most other modern developers/publishers could learn a thing or two from these guys on customer appreciation.

We can agree on that. But that wasn't the point....
It was an example to say that, since they said that TW3 will be supported 'till the end of 2016, if they eventually come out with a third expansion they have all the time to gather feedback from fans, and , if they want, to include more time with main characters based also on the suggestion from fans.
To the fact that other company can learn from CDProject i'm totally with you.

Last edited:
Good work but the more I see that scene the more it pisses me off. It's criminal how mishandled Triss' romance is. This has got to be fixed and moving around or adding a bit of dialogue here and there isn't going to come close to fixing the mess they left it in. Grrrrr
Thank You, I hope eventually it will be fixed.

...but certainly if the first 2 expansion will sell well they will consider a third final one after gathering all the feedback in the meanwhile and maybe focused on main characters.

I don't think they will leave money on the table...and I could see something like that actually being released even farther down the line...maybe even more than the 24 months they have dedicated to TW3. Depends on if/when they actually start on it. A lot of it would coordinate with when they were to record the VO work for CP2077 and IF they will reuse a majority of their previous VAs...no reason to think they wouldn't stay with the talent they know.

We can agree on that. But that wasn't the point....
It was an example to say that, since they said that TW3 will be supported 'till the end of 2016, if they eventually come out with a third expansion they have all the time to gather feedback from fans, and , if they want, to include more time with main characters based also on the suggestion from fans.
To the fact that other company can learn from CDProject i'm totally with you.

I understood your point, The point I clearly unsuccessfully made was that Citadel felt more like the 100th episode of a TV show. It was a bit of light hearted fun in a game that isn't particularly dark to begin with. I'm not sure I'd like to see DLC of that nature for The Witcher 3. If returning characters are to appear they should do so with a point to the plot and not for the sake of showing up for a party. If we're lucky enough to persuade them to give us a third expansion, I'd sooner it be just that rather than DLC as the modern term applies. If this is the end of Geralt's story then let it go out with a nuclear sized explosive bang rather than a time out in the main story.

I don't think they will leave money on the table...and I could see something like that actually being released even farther down the line...maybe even more than the 24 months they have dedicated to TW3. Depends on if/when they actually start on it. A lot of it would coordinate with when they were to record the VO work for CP2077 and IF they will reuse a majority of their previous VAs...no reason to think they wouldn't stay with the talent they know.

CDPR won't wait that long to release third expansion. A month or two after the second expansion is released. They will probably announce if they have anything in store for us, because at that point. We will just move on from TW games. They make that that long however in releasing an Enhanced edition.

I would say that a third expansion could be released in about 13 months from now. EE could be in two years.

I understood your point, The point I clearly unsuccessfully made was that Citadel felt more like the 100th episode of a TV show. It was a bit of light hearted fun in a game that isn't particularly dark to begin with. I'm not sure I'd like to see DLC of that nature for The Witcher 3. If returning characters are to appear they should do so with a point to the plot and not for the sake of showing up for a party. If we're lucky enough to persuade them to give us a third expansion, I'd sooner it be just that rather than DLC as the modern term applies. If this is the end of Geralt's story then let it go out with a nuclear sized explosive bang rather than a time out in the main story.

There is a lot to say for that idea! And I agree with the 100th episode reference...I would think they could set TW3 version of this say, a few years after the end of the story...something that would draw everyone back together. Hate to make it another cataclysmic OMFG type thing but...if not that I don't see what...maybe the CRONES have re-spawned and are now drawing together all the RELICs, sapping their energy to rebuild their 'empire'...i don't know, just throwing that out there.

---------- Updated at 08:16 AM ----------

CDPR won't wait that long to release third expansion. A month or two after the second expansion is released. They will probably announce if they have anything in store for us, because at that point. We will just move on from TW games. They make that that long however in releasing an Enhanced edition.

I would say that a third expansion could be released in about 13 months from now. EE could be in two years.

No arguments there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom