Triss or Yen?

+

Triss or Yen?

• I read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 80 29.3%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 85 31.1%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 63 23.1%

• Total voters
I started my Witchering career with Witcher 2
Me too, that game is an excellent first contact with the franchise.
Post automatically merged:

so Triss is my choice if I have to have one. That hasn't changed after reading the books and playing more games. Yen is way too bossy and annoying (great character non the less). Although I have to admit, the unicorn was somewhat hilarious.
Bossy women :ohstopit:.

And yeah, the unicorn thing was something. The only thing that could surpass it would be having sex atop an airborne dragon (I bet Rhaenyra and Daemon have done it :coolstory:)

I started my Witchering career with Witcher 2, so Triss is my choice if I have to have one. That hasn't changed after reading the books and playing more games.
Your post reassures me a bit. After posting, I wondered if my lack of knowledge (not read the books and "only" started with The Witcher 2) haven't really influenced my opinion and "push" me to prefer Triss.
So I assume, it doesn't :)

Your post reassures me a bit. After posting, I wondered if my lack of knowledge (not read the books and "only" started with The Witcher 2) haven't really influenced my opinion and "push" me to prefer Triss.
So I assume, it doesn't :)
TW2 definitely made me have doubts, it's the Triss game after all. You can play it as a love story between Triss and Geralt. But then Yen came along in TW3 and stomped those doubts into the ground with those black heels :coolstory:

I cant believe most people chose Triss over Yennefer. i chose both on my first playthrough and ofcourse that didnt turn out great, but Yennefer just seems like the right fit for Geralt, its a no brainer.
Yennefer is the best
Post automatically merged:

I cant believe most people chose Triss over Yennefer. i chose both on my first playthrough and ofcourse that didnt turn out great, but Yennefer just seems like the right fit for Geralt, its a no brainer.
Triss for the win

I choose Triss because she's more physically attractive, has a more fun charismatic personality, voice and shows how much she's a human. She admits and apologies the things that happened with grief or regret. Already its stated Geralt had a toxic relationship with yennefer.
And yeah I did try listening to redditors to pick yen cause she's *better* but that all changed when I realized I really didn't feel any emotional connection towards yennefer and just meeting Triss was a huge game changer for me.

Lastly the romance scenes are seriously never nearly as good as romancing Triss. Come on why would I choose the toy unicorn over a beloved ancient elven ruins bathes with a spontaneous form of art?

Witcher 2 CANNOT beat any romance scenes in any video game actually. It's that good and more good when it's specifically with Triss.

Sorry not sorry

Triss or Yen?

So, I was curious what this forum thinks and how 'book readers' and 'non book readers' opinions differ.

Do you go for canon romance (typically Yen) or a more established game romance (typically Triss)?

Personally, I haven't read the books (I do plan too) and I (for obvious reasons) choose Triss. While Yen definitely seemed cool and all, the character bond definitely favored triss for 'non book readers'.
Yen definitely

Ok, let's be honest. The devs made an error of making Yennefer a total bitch in W3. She wasn't a nice person to begin with, but the she is written as a completely unlikeable character in the game. She isn't like this in the books. As I said - not nice, but not like this. I played W3 seven times and chose Triss 5 times, Yen once and single once.

Ok, let's be honest. The devs made an error of making Yennefer a total bitch in W3. She wasn't a nice person to begin with, but the she is written as a completely unlikeable character in the game. She isn't like this in the books. As I said - not nice, but not like this. I played W3 seven times and chose Triss 5 times, Yen once and single once.
Completely agree. I was gonna choose Yen, but she just seems so different from the books. She became distant and a bit too unyielding, the lines on Geralt's side doesn't help either, it's like whenever there's a conversation between them Geralt is just trying his best to comply with her opinions just because of their history, even if you select the less accusatory options. Triss on the other hand just became a lot more likeable. Unlike Yen, her character growth can be felt throughout the Witcher games. For me, the games are like a long redemption arc for Triss. Yen was just introduced too late and the character traits remain stagnant the whole time. It all feels like the reunion of a really old couple who hasn't seen each other for a while, nothing particularly interesting, and there's no clear sign of leaving the past behind and moving forward. So I had to choose Triss, at least my Geralt can actually feel a sense of livelihood, positive energy and hope with her around.

Yen ... Why? Because the game tells you so just listen to the words of Wolven Storm

I like Yen because I always knows how she feels about something because she'll tell you before you even ask while Triss is the kind that annoys me because when you clearly see something is wrong when you ask her "What's wrong?" she will almost always answer with "Nothing" ....

You also have to look at things from her point of view, Yen literally gave her life to try to save Geralt only to later have him go off and have an affair with Triss (Which is more Triss' fault than Geralt's) and if someone you love does that to you it's going to hurt for a very long time regardless of the circumstances like Geralt losing his memory

Yen ... Why? Because the game tells you so just listen to the words of Wolven Storm

I like Yen because I always knows how she feels about something because she'll tell you before you even ask while Triss is the kind that annoys me because when you clearly see something is wrong when you ask her "What's wrong?" she will almost always answer with "Nothing" ....

You also have to look at things from her point of view, Yen literally gave her life to try to save Geralt only to later have him go off and have an affair with Triss (Which is more Triss' fault than Geralt's) and if someone you love does that to you it's going to hurt for a very long time regardless of the circumstances like Geralt losing his memory
Honeslty, hard to disagree with everything :)
But I think both are different and in both case it could be a problem... Sometimes it's better to say what you think and sometimes it's not. And both maybe goes to far in their own way.
What "annoys" me the most with Yennefer, It's her lack of empathy and tact sometimes.
I mean again, in my current playthrough, at Lofoten, it still "hurt" my little heart when Yen talk to the women... It's obvious that finding is important and we have no time to waste, but come on... Half of the villagers were killed, the few survivors have just buried their loved ones and are in mourning, so a little of empathy and respect couldn't hurt...

But I think both are different and in both case it could be a problem... Sometimes it's better to say what you think and sometimes it's not. And both maybe goes to far in their own way.
What "annoys" me the most with Yennefer, It's her lack of empathy and tact sometimes.
I mean again, in my current playthrough, at Lofoten, it still "hurt" my little heart when Yen talk to the women... It's obvious that finding is important and we have no time to waste, but come on... Half of the villagers were killed, the few survivors have just buried their loved ones and are in mourning, so a little of empathy and respect couldn't hurt...
I love me some ruthless women :howdy:

Yes she has a single minded focus and that is entirely on finding Ciri no matter the cost. But she can take it as proven by when those same women started in on them for killing off the tree she stood up, stepped in and took all the blame and taking any of the blame off of Geralt .... She is willing to do the work no matter how dirty that work is but not for herself, it's entirely for Ciri .... She keeps a lot of things secret until the last minute but only because she doesn't want anyone to stop her from doing what HAS to be done ... for Ciri. The killing of the tree, and putting Uma through the Trial of Grasses because it was the only way

Yes she has a single minded focus and that is entirely on finding Ciri no matter the cost. But she can take it as proven by when those same women started in on them for killing off the tree she stood up, stepped in and took all the blame and taking any of the blame off of Geralt .... She is willing to do the work no matter how dirty that work is but not for herself, it's entirely for Ciri .... She keeps a lot of things secret until the last minute but only because she doesn't want anyone to stop her from doing what HAS to be done ... for Ciri. The killing of the tree, and putting Uma through the Trial of Grasses because it was the only way
Can't disagree that it was only to find Ciri at all cost, which is good and a good intention... But again, it doesn't mean that she have to talk to these women as if their problems didn't matter at all... Even if you think it, you don't say it. In short, show a little respect. Because they also lost their loved ones, the half the village was massacred by the wild hunt... they lost almost everything.

Also, it depend of Geralt. If you play a ruthless character... it seem weird to complain about Yennefer's attitude. But in my case, I always play Geralt as kind as possible... so :)

Edit : There is a dialogue with Eskel that I find interesting. Eskel asks Geralt if he shouldn't have asked Triss for help instead of Yennefer. And Geralt answer that no, it was better to ask Yennefer first and then to Triss if it needed. Because it would certainely not bother Triss if they ask to her after because it didn't work with Yennefer... But the opposite wouldn't goes well at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom