Triss or Yen?

+

Triss or Yen?

• I read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 80 29.3%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 85 31.1%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 63 23.1%

• Total voters
Yenn is ambitious and I think it fits the setting well. Plus I’m interested to learn more of the Djinn thing she was perusing, for power more than her ability to have children. Maybe one day she’ll be powerful enough to do it. Is that how O’dimm got his power?

This red hair is beautiful, I can't resist her
You know, even though I voted Yen because her personality is unbelievably hot, redheads are indeed the most gorgeous.

For me the best choice in TW3 was to romance them both in order to see them both almost naked in the same room, well worth destroying Geralt's love life :howdy:

I must admit that I haven't read the books. I really need to read the books. For the most point, I've Finished Witcher 2 and only recently begun Witcher 3. However, I do Like Triss in a way little more.

Difficult questions: in my first run I've chosen Yen. In my second Triss.
But I think Yen is the right choice, even if Triss is more nice.

I originally chose Yen,
even though Triss is far sweeter compared to Yen,
but after learning of the books, Yen as a loyalist and because Triss was never even a real candidate.

And I only ever played W3, even though I did watch recaps and cutscenes of the first two a few hours after playing W3.

I haven't read the books yet, so my view is based on the game series only. And I would chose neither.

Both characters are cold opportunists with ulterior motives and they just whine about everything. If I would choose from the Witcher 3 romance options, I would choose Shani. But from the entire series I would choose Abigail from Witcher 1.

In my opinion, Witcher 3 is the least interesting option in terms of romance encounters. I felt that the romance plots were like cut and pasted together with lack of relevance to the grand scheme of things. I find Witcher 1 as the most coherent release when it comes to romance scenarios.

This is reflected from Abigail's synopsis. Although her role was limited to the first chapter, and briefly afterwards, her interactions with Geralt along with the messy situation in the village plus the doubts and conspiracy theories around her involvement with these ominous events added depth and a multi-faceted romance plot where several considerations come together and, ultimately, impact Geralt's choices.

Although there were similar attempts in later releases to make romance plots this complex, I still find these parts incoherent. For example, the synopsis of Syanna seemed like one of those complex romance situations, but her plot twists felt irrelevant to each of her stages that made no sense to the overall romance and storyline.

After reading the books it only feels right to go with Yen. I see she gets a lot of hate and I can see why. I just think too many people misunderstand her. I was very sad to leave Triss because she's so awesome, but I feel that in the end Geralt would end up with Yen anyways.
You are 100 % right here yen in the books dose go out of her way too make sure that the monster contracts get a higher reward for Geralt she it the one who found and brought his swords when they were stolen, then auctioned OFF and sent them back too him she died trying too heal Geralt from his wounds she whent out of her way too save dandelion and too protect Ciri and Geralt when she had never even met Ciri she openly submitted herself to torture too save Ciri she refused HJALMAR help when she knew that her quest would be his death only because he was CRACH AN CRAITEs only son

Triss never really stood up for Geralt or yen when it came too the loge plans for Ciri or them on that hand were in the books do you ever see Triss doing anything like yen dose for Geralt and Ciri other than telling off the Witchers at KEAR Morhen about women upbringing

Triss or Yen?

So, I was curious what this forum thinks and how 'book readers' and 'non book readers' opinions differ.

Do you go for canon romance (typically Yen) or a more established game romance (typically Triss)?

Personally, I haven't read the books (I do plan too) and I (for obvious reasons) choose Triss. While Yen definitely seemed cool and all, the character bond definitely favored triss for 'non book readers'.
Zoltan.

Top Bottom