Triss or Yen?

+

Triss or Yen?

• I read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 80 29.3%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 85 31.1%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 63 23.1%

• Total voters
I cant believe most people chose Triss over Yennefer. i chose both on my first playthrough and ofcourse that didnt turn out great, but Yennefer just seems like the right fit for Geralt, its a no brainer.

I cant believe most people chose Triss over Yennefer. i chose both on my first playthrough and ofcourse that didnt turn out great, but Yennefer just seems like the right fit for Geralt, its a no brainer.
Romancing both and getting the Three Makes a Tango quest is worth it to see them both in lingerie in the same room :ohstopit:... but if you want a romance that lasts 'till the endgame, it's gotta be Yen. I love Triss too but Yen takes the crown, her romance in TW3 is much more wholesome and the sex scene in Skellige is the best in the game :howdy:

I cant believe most people chose Triss over Yennefer.
I do, and mainly because I can't stand Yen (nothing to do with what "Geralt" could choose/love^^). The fact that she likes to pass off Geralt as someone a bit "dumb", even if she doesn't really think so, annoys me the most :giggle:

I do, and mainly because I can't stand Yen (nothing to do with what "Geralt" could choose/love^^). The fact that she likes to pass off Geralt as someone a bit "dumb", even if she doesn't really think so, annoys me the most :giggle:
I think her personality and attitude towards Geralt are really hot, and I have the suspicion that so does he :coolstory:

That being said, it's too bad you can't go Aegon the Conqueror style and have them both :ohstopit:. Both of them are amazing and beautiful. But if they make me choose (and that they did) I go with Yen.

I think her personality and attitude towards Geralt are really hot, and I have the suspicion that so does he :coolstory:
Relation with Yen is "hot" sure, but "exhausting" to quote Geralt :)
"With Yen it was fight after fight, lots of arguments, dramas... Not saying it was bad, but... Got to be exhausting"
"With Triss is not. I finally feel... harmony. A calm. Feel like things are the way they're supposed to be"

Ciri : "So she really makes you happy ?"
Geralt : "Yes"

Relation with Yen is "hot" sure, but "exhausting" to quote Geralt :)
"With Yen it was fight after fight, lots of arguments, dramas... Not saying it was bad, but... Got to be exhausting"
"With Triss is not. I finally feel... harmony. A calm. Feel like things are the way they're supposed to be"

Hot and exhausting sounds better to me than harmonious and calm :coolstory:

I can't stand Triss's character, and I also do not like red hair (on anyone). So, although Yennefer certainly is far from perfect, I always choose her -- except the one time when I wanted to see what happens if you choose neither.

In the second game,
Triss is constantly in need of saving (which is annoying)
, and in the third game, she, at times, acts like a fangirl.
Also, one of her lines during "Pyres of Novigrad" angers me every time I hear it. She says something about people taking advantage of Geralt, and when Geralt asks her to elaborate, she says "I have, for one". That is a downright despicable thing to say, in the smug tone she uses, especially when you know it is true she has done so. She almost sounds proud of herself.

(I had read the books before playing the games.)

I can't stand Triss's character, and I also do not like red hair (on anyone). So, although Yennefer certainly is far from perfect, I always choose her -- except the one time when I wanted to see what happens if you choose neither.

In the second game,
Also, one of her lines during "Pyres of Novigrad" angers me every time I hear it. She says something about people taking advantage of Geralt, and when Geralt asks her to elaborate, she says "I have, for one". That is a downright despicable thing to say, in the smug tone she uses, especially when you know it is true she has done so. She almost sounds proud of herself.

I like Triss (yet favor Yen) and don't mind all of that but I agree with the spoiler. You'd think a hero from Sodden would be more resourceful.

I disagree with the red hair thing. Redheads are beautiful.

Last edited:
I've been saying for years and I still stand by it

Triss is the girl you take home to meet your Mom

Yennifer is the girl you take home to meet your Dad .... Look what I got

In the second game,

At least Triss is (kind of) owning up to her mistakes there haha. In the first and second games she purposely leaves Geralt in the dark about most of his past just to be in a relationship with him, so at least she's acknowledging that in Pyres of Novigrad.

Last edited:
This one ?
Geralt : I've recovered my memory, completely.
Triss : Good. That should stop people from taking advantage of you.
Geralt : Someone's been taking advantage of me ?
Triss : I have, for one.
More than "proud", I would say more "she's salty" at this moment of the game :)
But I could quote a fair amount of despicable dialogue lines with Yen, like :
When she "looks down" on the women of Lofoten and doesn't really care that they have lost a lot of loved ones or that she destroyed their sacred garden.
Or when she say to Geralt to do what she say without thinking, because she's right anyway and it would be a waste of time to explain it to him, he's a witcher, so to dumb to understand...
I also do not like red hair (on anyone). So, although Yennefer certainly is far from perfect, I always choose her
To be honest, IRL, I'm not a fan of red hairs too... But I can't say why, but generally I find red hair characters are generally great in games/movies/whatever. Like female Shepard, she's so badsass or Lohse in DOS2 :giggle:
shepard.jpg

Lohse.jpeg

Last edited:
At least Triss is (kind of) owning up to her mistakes there haha. In the first and second games she purposely leaves Geralt in the dark about most of his past just to be in a relationship with him, so at least she's acknowledging that in Pyres of Novigrad.
More like she is boasting about it.

That is not how you treat anyone with whom you wish to be on good terms, and it most certainly is NOT how you treat someone you supposedly love.

She really is despicable.

I find Triss wanting to fuck Geralt at every turn really hot too and not despicable at all. Cut the poor girl some slack :coolstory:. I don't hate either of the characters, even if I vastly prefer one (Yen).

I watched a video yesterday that made a good point, tons of characters from Witcher 1-2 besides Triss could have told Geralt about his past and chose not to, so probably shouldn't single her out for that.

I think @LeKill3rFou is right she's mostly just upset about losing Geralt when we first meet her in TW3 and says things she likely regrets. Yennefer can be pretty disrespectful too so maybe the lesson here is stay away from sorceresses ;)

Shani anyone?

Shani anyone?
Shani ! :love:
Red hair, again...
(if possible, it would be my "end" choice)
I think @LeKill3rFou is right she's mostly just upset about losing Geralt when we first meet her in TW3 and says things she likely regrets.
Triss is in the same state of mind as Yennefer later in Kaer Morhen... when she throws the bed through the window, teleport geralt in the middle of the lake, or piss off everyone... Triss is simply upset to have lost Geralt. I mean Geralt recovered his memories and then, simply return with Yen... In theory.

This one ?
Geralt : I've recovered my memory, completely.
Triss : Good. That should stop people from taking advantage of you.
Geralt : Someone's been taking advantage of me ?
Triss : I have, for one.
More than "proud", I would say more "she's salty" at this moment of the game :)
But I could quote a fair amount of despicable dialogue lines with Yen, like :
When she "looks down" on the women of Lofoten and doesn't really care that they have lost a lot of loved ones or that she destroyed their sacred garden.
Or when she say to Geralt to do what she say without thinking, because she's right anyway and it would be a waste of time to explain it to him, he's a witcher, so to dumb to understand...

To be honest, IRL, I'm not a fan of red hairs too... But I can't say why, but generally I find red hair characters are generally great in games/movies/whatever. Like female Shepard, she's so badsass or Lohse in DOS2 :giggle:
It's not that she doesn't care about the garden or the women, it's just to her finding and saving Ciri is simply more important because without Ciri to stop the White Frost none of that will matter anyway. She is secretive because she knows Geralt and others will try to stop her and she's totally willing to do the dirty work to save Ciri. She does feel bad about the tree and the women, it's in her voice despite her saying otherwise to Geralt. She also knows the Trial of Grasses is really the only way to 'recover' whoever is trapped inside Uma but she also knows there is going to be a LOT of resistance from all the Witchers so she keeps it a secret. Her dedication and focus for hours casting a spell to keep Uma alive is admirable and says a lot about her true character. Basically no one and I mean no one cares more about Ciri than Yennifer. She'll literally do anything for Ciri and anything to protect Ciri

It's not that she doesn't care about the garden or the women, it's just to her finding and saving Ciri is simply more important because without Ciri to stop the White Frost none of that will matter anyway. She is secretive because she knows Geralt and others will try to stop her and she's totally willing to do the dirty work to save Ciri. She does feel bad about the tree and the women, it's in her voice despite her saying otherwise to Geralt. She also knows the Trial of Grasses is really the only way to 'recover' whoever is trapped inside Uma but she also knows there is going to be a LOT of resistance from all the Witchers so she keeps it a secret. Her dedication and focus for hours casting a spell to keep Uma alive is admirable and says a lot about her true character. Basically no one and I mean no one cares more about Ciri than Yennifer. She'll literally do anything for Ciri and anything to protect Ciri
I didn't say that she doesn't care about Ciri, sure she does, a lot ;)
It's just my opinion, but outside of Ciri and Geralt she doesn't seem to care about anyone else... For her, "the end justifying the means" whatever "the means" consequences. Something which I don't really agree with. And the fact that she do it without doubts, hesitation or remorse.
I bet if she had to "sacrifice" hundreds/thousands of "unknow people", like peasans, to find Ciri, so be it... she would do it anyway.
(to make a parallel with another game, she's pretty much like Johnny for this^^)

Last edited:
I started my Witchering career with Witcher 2, so Triss is my choice if I have to have one. That hasn't changed after reading the books and playing more games. Yen is way too bossy and annoying (great character non the less). Although I have to admit, the unicorn was somewhat hilarious.

Most my playthroughs I romanced no one, but I did try all options once just for the sake of seeing the outcomes.

Top Bottom