Trollslayer Achivement question

+
Trollslayer Achivement question

Hi,

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere but I was unable to find it with search.

My question is: can I first complete the troll trouble quest by avenging the troll's wife, and kill the troll after the quest completes - or will this achievement unlock only when i go and kill him straight away (and then kill the remaining trolls in other chapters)?

Thanks for the replies in advance (I do feel bad about killing him as well as about the gameplay i choose now, but after 5 completions of the game I decided to play now as a total ass).

Thanks for the answer. Bonus points if you tell me why being a dick, even in a virtual world, isn't easy?

Max said:
Thanks for the answer. Bonus points if you tell me why being a dick, even in a virtual world, isn't easy?

Can't answer that one. I went for the achievement on one playthrough and felt horribly guilty about it.

Max said:

Probably because it is against a human nature or non-pathological behavior to kill persons we like without any good reason, even if it is make-belief in a video-game. That was an achievement I did not like getting at all. Speaks a lot about immersion, though, if we all take it that seriously.

I've done some further digging on other sites and I've found that:

a. you can first avenge his wife and get the reward from Chorab and then slay him and get the reward from Morse.
b. on Roche path it's not possible to get this achivement no matter what.

I'm not sure which version of the game these claims come from but if that's a fact then I'm out of luck as I'm planning to do Roche path this time.

Max said:
I've done some further digging on other sites and I've found that:

a. you can first avenge his wife and get the reward from Chorab and then slay him and get the reward from Morse.
b. on Roche path it's not possible to get this achivement no matter what.

I'm not sure which version of the game these claims come from but if that's a fact then I'm out of luck as I'm planning to do Roche path this time.

You can always take Iorveth's path on your next playthrough. And you are right, I remember I tried but did not get this achievement on Roche's path.

AserPik said:
Uhm.... I got it on Roche's path...

Good news! It doesn't fit my view of Geralt to kill the trolls while being a friend of non-humans (and non-assholes) on Iorweth's path to kill these trolls.

Can you tell me if you finished the quest by avenging the troll's wife and slaying him afterwards (talking about being an ass )?

AserPik said:
Uhm.... I got it on Roche's path...

Well, on one of my Roche's path playthroughs I honestly killed the troll in Flotsam, then both trolls on my way to Vergen, and I got nothing! I was pissed, actually, because I did it only for that achievement (the last one I had to get). I re-played Iorveth's path and got it just fine. May be this achievement is bugged, I do not know.

Max said:
Good news! It doesn't fit my view of Geralt to kill the trolls while being a friend of non-humans (and non-assholes) on Iorweth's path to kill these trolls.

Can you tell me if you finished the quest by avenging the troll's wife and slaying him afterwards (talking about being an ass /> )?

I'm pretty sure I just killed the troll outright.

vivaxardas said:
Well, on one of my Roche's path playthroughs I honestly killed the troll in Flotsam, then both trolls on my way to Vergen, and I got nothing! I was pissed, actually, because I did it only for that achievement (the last one I had to get). I re-played Iorveth's path and got it just fine. May be this achievement is bugged, I do not know.

You might've missed the one after the fog near the Kaedwen camp. It's in the hills next to the brothel-tent.

To be on the safe side I'll leave the troll quest for the last moment of Chapter 1 to save time if it comes down to replaying.

As far as I am concerned, you can encounter one troll (i think it's the one described above, after the fog) which is hostile towards you right from the start. I killed that troll in self-defense and got the achievement.

I can confirm that Trollslayer is unlockable on Roche path just fine.

I didn't check if it's possible to finish the quest Troll Trouble by helping the troll - i've killed him right after I gave him the head of his wife.

I'm a bad boy and I feel bad.

Top Bottom