Turning off Quest Markers

+
Hey I'm a bit of an 'ol school gamer, is there a way to turn off these obvious quest makers that display on the screen and minimap. I don't mind making marks of my own if I want to go somewhere. I know it kinda fits with the setting but I was hoping I could turn off all waypoints. So I have to pay attention to where people tell me to go and I can learn the city more naturally.

edit: I should add that I have tried turning off minimap, Hints, Job Tracker, and activity log

IVIX1

Forum regular
I see a lot of posts on steam, and reddit, but cant get search on GOG forums to show. Please CDPR allow an option to disable Objective Marker. The constant Orange dot is high distracting, and I just cant play another game that is "campaign-by-hud-marker" vs Exploring for myself and turning on or off OPTIONS for an objective marker.

Exploration in this beautiful world you've created without a ORANGE DOT relative to character that spins around when i turn would be awesome(!), but as it is it's highly distracting(for me).

Please help, and or point to mod or timetable to add this option. Or if its never going to happen please also update that info. Thanks for any infor @cdpr @cyberpunk2077

*edit* fixing sentence

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

This game does everything in his power to hold your hand while pretending not to do so.

I had also hoped to be able to remove all markers. I dont know many actual games with a good quest description that allow such things.
There is always one quest marker and the car marker that are destractiong me in Cp2077.

But when i look in the questlog it does not look like it was designed to work without these markers, it does not give all information. And the map does not show street names.

I hope that some quests of this kind will be added later in a DLC or if possible with a mod.

Guest 4406876

I had also hoped to be able to remove all markers. I dont know many actual games with a good quest description that allow such things.
There is always one quest marker and the car marker that are destractiong me in Cp2077.

But when i look in the questlog it does not look like it was designed to work without these markers, it does not give all information. And the map does not show street names.

I hope that some quests of this kind will be added later in a DLC or if possible with a mod.
The game isn't playable without markers, too much scripting going on. So much for "immersion" huh. I feel around 60% of what we have been told prior release is nearly invented, getting Molyneux vibes here.

You can deselect the active quest on the journal pane.

Could you elaborate on this please? Because seemingly (atleast on PC) disabling all quests isn't even an option. Always have to have 1 active at all times in my experience (unless I'm missing something).

Also this really should be a feature. The game has a lot of hud customization, but this is bizarrely absent.

on reddit someone made a video how to disable it with Z (doesnt work for me)
was that the glitch? if yes, is there anyway to recreate it :>

I don't even mind bringing up the map to look up quest locations to see where I need to go to get there, It is necessary for a lot of these quests. not like the game tells you to head into the glen in Heywood off the corner of XX street.. All the same I would love to remove the 'your objective is 850M in that direction' marker

Heres to hoping cdpr implements the option to turn off enemy health bars, loot outlines and ability to turn off Quest indicators off on the hud.I understand that with the current design this doesnt seem feesible in finding items but why not use the eye scan for items if needing help locating and for finding the exact location of a destination being a mission or poi ,thier are solutions.like simply opening the map periodically,or a cool feature one day like the ability to bring say a phone to the players eyes with a general area map displayed would be cool.this game is great eye candy and these types of games draw a croud who appreciates the immersion factor.hope to see a update helping with this or a modder to do so soon.

I see a lot of posts on steam, and reddit, but cant get search on GOG forums to show. Please CDPR allow an option to disable Objective Marker. The constant Orange dot is high distracting, and I just cant play another game that is "campaign-by-hud-marker" vs Exploring for myself and turning on or off OPTIONS for an objective marker.

Exploration in this beautiful world you've created without a ORANGE DOT relative to character that spins around when i turn would be awesome(!), but as it is it's highly distracting(for me).

Please help, and or point to mod or timetable to add this option. Or if its never going to happen please also update that info. Thanks for any infor @cdpr @cyberpunk2077

*edit* fixing sentence

Great post- I noticed this too early on.
Agreed we should be able to de-select the quest.. having the map draw a route at all times is annoying.
- as a short term work around, try selecting another quest. this way when you pick a target the line in white and the line in yellow hopefully go in both different directions. -

isnt there an option to toggle the health bars off?

all that could be done with scan view imo but that might be too much i just want be able to turn it off and look on the map when i want and when im rly lost i still could turn it off but its just so annoying to see it all the time

I support this request !

Would love to have the ability to edit/ adjust additional on-screen markers/ UI.

- waypoint disable/ opacity/ size
- only show waypoint when facing in correct direction
- enemy health bars disable
- item pickup icon disable (but keep the outline)

I have turned off the Minimap. Now it is a little less like playing Pac-Man all the time :). Idk about health bars but I have turned off all the Damage markers and numbers except when I am receiving damage.

yes i turned off minimap and job markers, i expected job markers to be quest marker but somehow it doesnt work for me,
i am still not sure what that link is about because there it seems to work but nobody else confirmed it

can we expect this to be happening because i would like to wait until then
and in some other post someone mentioned hardcore mode.. i didnt watch all the videos so i dont know, if thats a mode thats meant to be implemented later (and removes all that) i would like to know so i dont "waste" my first playthrough with questmarkers

Bumping this, since it's been bothering me as well. At first I thought the markers were just gonna stay for the tutorial, but once I finished the first few missions and I started getting side quests, the damn thing is still on screen.

I understand that some quests are unplayable without markers because there's no street signs, and no directions in the logs, but the minimap GPS is entirely sufficient. I don't need a massive icon passive aggressively telling me how many meters I need to walk to my objective.

This is NOT a solution but a WORKAROUND:

Very early on in the game you get a mission called 'Psycho Killer' (a woman named Regina gives it to you, I believe on the phone). This mission is a 'hunt' mission and as such has NO Quest Marker.

Accept the 'Psycho Killer' mission, select it in your Journal as the active mission and then never do it. And you are free of the yellow Quest Marker. There may be other similar missions in the game you'll have to try. Not a solution but a workaround till CDPR or Mods fix it.

Hope that helps :)

Top Bottom