TW2/TW3/Redkit][tool] 3D models converter

+
New update, with a basic TW3 support :)

Changes :
- Basic The Witcher 3 support : the w2mesh files of the game can be loaded in the soft. Material support is buggy (it's a work in progress) and skeletons aren't support yet
- New export formats available (3ds, x, assbin, assxml, step) with the Assimp integration of the last update.
- Little fixes in the soft

If you find a w2mesh that you can't load in the soft, please send me the file and the associated .buffer file.
Check the tuto to use the soft with TW3.

Next goals : fix materials and skeletons support for TW3

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your work so far. I tried to open some models, but so far, a lot of meshes seem to crash the tool. It seems to happen with models that have more than one material slot, correct? Hope you can get the materials and skeletons working soon. Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback.
Models with more than one material slots aren't supposed to crash (no model are supposed to crash, you can have wrong textures with a models who have more than 1 material, but not a crash).
Can you send me an example of model who cause a crash please ? (the w2mesh + the associated .buffer. my mail is jeanlouis.boudrand[at]hotmail.fr)

Attachments

• avallach.JPG
    avallach.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 223
All the models ?

Some models have this probem, materials support are a work in progress so some models aren't textured or have wrong textures (after some tests, yes, there are many bugs with the textures).
I havn't a solution for this problem yet, just re-assign the textures after the export in a 3d modelling software.

@da2366: As far as I can say, all the textures you downloaded (from the MEGA link) have a prefix "unpack-" which isn't recognized by the software (it tampers with the paths).

@JLouisB: Thanks for the update! I've been able to convert a few TW3 meshes without issue (even if only the normal map appears in the soft). I've extracted the textures with Lua Utils and then removed the prefix added during the process with a small script, because otherwise they weren't recognized. The "Clean Texture Paths" option saved a lot of time to get rid of the extra suffixes. :)

@da2366 : Yes, maybe it's not very clear, but as Oaristys as say you should copy the content of the "unpack" folder in "textures_unpack", and not directly the "unpack" folder in "textures_unpack" (the path should be textures_unpack/texture.dds and not textures_unpack/unpack/texture.dds)

Except for the materials issues, if you find an issue or a crash, please send me files.

Thank you for the soft!!.
I have some problem with export mesh.
I write base directory, name (c:/testdirectory/testfile), press "convert".
Log give me records "Writing file 'c:/testdirectory/testfile.dae'... done", but file don't creating in directory.
Can you help me? (I use Winows 7)

Last edited:
@erik9455
In the "Name" field, you should write only the filename of the exported file, not the full path (so just "testfile" in your case).
The destination folder of you exports can be configured in Menu/Options/Export

Hi there, guys i wanted to ask, i was exporting some main npc models (i exported them sucesfully and thanks for allowing me this) and then i was about to get textures on it but i couldnt find textures for hair of any of these characters, do you have any idea where i should look? (i found some hair textures but they were colorless like very character had same hair color)

I encountered a problem, I try to extract the files triss hairstyle, but the software does not work.

File Path:

D:\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\bundles\blob.bundle>>

export\characters\models\main_npc\triss\c_01_wa__triss.w2ent

Please update the software supports extracting hairstyle w2ent. :cry:

---------- Updated at 07:58 PM ----------

c_01_wa__triss.w2ent / original hairstyle
http://www.mediafire.com/download/47a7yk3e1s8qe2h/c_01_wa__triss.w2ent

c_02_wa__triss.w2ent / hooded hairstyle (bald)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zccfiigrxrcl1uw/c_02_wa__triss.w2ent

Now,I want to edit c_01_wa__triss.w2ent file size, and c_02_wa__triss.w2ent same size

4.57 KB (4,687 bytes) >> 2.34 KB (2,400 bytes)

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
@paco987654
I have included an option to know the textures used by a model for TW2 (Menu/Options/Debug/Find textures of something like this), but I havn't updated this for TW3, I will do this for the next update.
While waiting for, a little tip to know this. Open the w2mesh file in a text editor (or in an hexa editor like Frhed), and you will see a part of the file with many words and path, and at the end of this part, you will see the path of all the files (including the textures) used by the model
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24460773/find_tex.PNG
(here I have done this in an hexadecimal editor, but you can do this with a basic text editor like notepad)

@X_HIRO11
Answer on your other topic

Is it possible to use this tool to get models from W3 working for the original REDkit? If so, is there any download link that provides all already transfered models?

It seems the prefix "unpack-" isn't the only thing wrong with the filenames on the mega link.
For comparison can anyone tell me what is the correct namefile for the textures?

For instance:
For cat model "/t_01__cat_cs.w2mesh"
the texture on the mega folder is:
"unpack-characters#models#animals#cat#model#t_01__cat_cs_d01.dds"

What should be the correct name for the software to load the texture?

EDIT: Fixed, the batch rename I was using was also killing the last digit "01" from the name... Still some textures appear as normal maps, and others crash the tool, but good job! thanks for the tool

Last edited:
Hi JLouisB
i cannot use this tool in TW3 its crash immediately with .w2meh file but it work fine with w2ent file but with w2ent file i have nothing to export can you help me plz

Attachments

• APPCRASH.jpg
    APPCRASH.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 139
If someone have a problem with the textures downloaded on mega and the soft, it seems that the files have an "unpack-" prefix that you should remove.
You can do this for all the texture with a batch script or Powershell :
http://superuser.com/questions/2368...rt-of-a-file-name-for-many-files-in-windows-7

@Radillion
It's possible yes. Convert the meshes of TW3 in a format like obj, clean the model in a 3D software, and re-export it to the Redkit (if you use 3DS Max you can do this with the official plugin, or otherwise you can do this with this software, check this tuto : http://jlouisb.users.sourceforge.net/tuto_export_to_redengine.html )

@rugalytto
Tahnks for the report, I will check this w2mesh next week.

Top Bottom