TW3 SO NEEDS NEW.. Crossbow/ Witcher Sense/ Roche Call/ Mapped Controls on console gamepads!

+

TW3 SO NEEDS NEW.. Crossbow/ Witcher Sense/ Roche Call/ Mapped Controls on console gamepads!

• LT=Draw Crossbow, RS=Aim, RT=Fire Bolts. YES PLEASE!!!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • LS+1Click=Witcher Sense on & Click again to turn it off. YES PLEASE!!!

• LS can still be 2 Clicks for Horse Call, or move it to the RS unless we map RB for the horse call

• RB could be a zoom in/out cam, or even a quick sign cycle instead, if not used for horse call

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB is perfect for all my crossbow needs & I like the witcher sense getting in the way of my combat

• Total voters

I just tried this combo on my controller and it's PERFECT!
Okay hear me out guys.. this is important that devs do this. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about here.

I'm going to explain with an XB1 controller so here it goes...

Remap Roche's horse call to the RightStick because the RightStick has no other use in this game at all.
RS 2Clicks = Roche Call.

Then...

Remap The Witcher Sense's to LeftStick like it was in TW2, 1Click = Witchers Sense mode.
Without out the pulse from TW2 of course, just 1Click to turn it on & 1Click to turn it off again.

Now...
While our swords are put away, the LeftTrigger is free to draw our crossbow like any normal video game does, and once we draw our crossbow by holding down the LefTrigger, devs can now program the RightTrigger to fire our crossbow bolts like most video games do, when it comes to guns lol.. It totally works, it feels more natural and it makes sense.

ONLY when we are holding down LeftTrigger to draw and aim our crossbow will the RightTrigger be programmed to fire/shoot our bolts like a gun.
When our crossbow is put away RightTrigger goes back to being our magick signs again, with or without swords in our hands. If devs didn't try this yet, I already know it's Perfect. Like I said, trust me just this ONCE.

Plus having Witcher Sense Remapped to LeftStick, we should be free to parry & block before we can ever get picked off by arrows & monsters again.

Also, now that the RightBumper is free... it can be programed by devs to cycle through our signs so players don't have to bring up the freaking sign wheel in combat, if they don't want to or just program it to give players a zoomed out camera option while using the crossbow, the latter is my personal vote. e.g RightBumper 1 click = zoom out so we can see Geralt walk around and shoot the crossbow, then click RightBumper again to release the camera view back to it's normal over the shoulder quick draw aim view, or vise versa, RightBumper could be the crossbow's zoom in quick aim toggle . Unless you map witcher sense to right bumper instead, but my OP idea, I think is still the best solution.

Like I said before, with LeftTrigger being the new crossbow draw/zoom in & aim with the RightStick & RightTrigger being the new fire/shoot bolts mechanic. The LeftTrigger will still work the same for quick torch light and fast bomb toss like RightBumper did, with a simple tap of the LeftTrigger and to aim.. just hold down the LeftTrigger to zoom in and aim your bombs with RighStick and then press RightTrigger to throw them. Just like the new crossbow mapping I stated above, all of this could work and would make the gameplay feel much better and more fun than what we are stuck with at the moment.

Those aren't bad ideas Onlyonce, but I had in mind to remap call horse to Right stick click, Witcher sense on Left stick click like you say, and hold Left trigger, and left stick click for Quen (its a self buff), then whatever they'd choose for X, Y, A, B bound to a sign each, but when you would press the combo, you cast the sign, say you Left trigger hold + X, you would cast Aard instantly.

Those aren't bad ideas Onlyonce, but I had in mind to remap call horse to Right stick click, Witcher sense on Left stick click like you say, and hold Left trigger, and left stick click for Quen (its a self buff), then whatever they'd choose for X, Y, A, B bound to a sign each, but when you would press the combo, you cast the sign, say you Left trigger hold + X, you would cast Aard instantly.

RS 1 click for horse and LS 1 click for witcher sense? That's works too...

What I'm getting at here is every thing would be the same as it is now but the only difference is how we equip our crossbow,torch and bombs all mapped to the LT instead of the RB, that's why we need to have CDPR TEAME DEVS move the witcher sense to RS or LS. Because 1, witcher sense gets in the way of combat when trying to block/parry if it's activated by LT, as it is now sadly. & 2 because it just feels better, it's how it should be.. if you know what I mean.
It just makes sense, like most video games with guns for example.. Red Dead Redemption is a good example.
Anyways.. like I said all will be that same mostly, e.g bring up you sign wheel with LB like always, then select your crossbow,bombs or torch. Lets say you selected the torch, then all you do is tap the LT like we do for the fast Quen sign on the RT. The big game changer for the better is.. the way the crossbow and bombs will behave. e.g bring up the sign wheel again, then choose your crossbow and equip it by holding LT then you aim with RS and Fire with RT or you can just tap the LT to quickly blind fire your crossbow after you select it of course. That's why I thought RB would be a neat zoom out camera toggle, so we can see Geralt walking around with his crossbow as we fire off bolts! On or off horseback, does that makes sense? Also.. signs are still the same as always, that does not even need to change at all.
It's fine as it is now, all that shit will still work exactly the same as it's supposed to! I hope that helps, Get it ? :)

Last edited:
I don't think having the crossbow on Left trigger is going to work. The times I whip out my crossbow are times when I'm already in combat, so having to manually put away my sword seems like a fairly clunky way to go about it.

The way I would alter controls would be:

- Quick Fire for Signs
Instead of R2/RT casting a selected sign, you should be able to cast Signs directly with by holding RT + one of the face or bumper buttons to cast a Sign directly. For instance, holding R2+X fires Aard, Holding R2+holding X fire Alt Aard, ect.

- Crossbow bound to R1, Bomb to L1
I'm ok with the crossbow not being a trigger button. rather than having to choose between it and bombs, I would like to see it moved to its own dedicated button where a tap quick fires and a hold enters aiming mode. Bombs/item would then share L1.

- Item cycling
Geralt already automatically chooses the correct sword to attack with so there really isn't a need for two buttons dedicated to that. Instead, Left and Right Dpad should cycle through bombs. Quest/torch are ignored unless you are out of combat.

- R3 for Witcher Senses
I agree that having Witcher senses be stick click makes more sense. I would put it on R3 just because that button does nothing outside of combat (in combat it lock on).

- X to Dodge, O for roll
I'd swap dodge and roll just because I end up using a lot more dodges and light attacks than I do heavy attacks and rolls, so having those two next to one another instead of across feels more natural. Sprint and jump would stay as they are now.

- L3 for Sprint toggle
Sprint can still be done by holding X, but I would also like an alternate sprinting method that allows you to maintain camera control while exploring.

Top Bottom