Ultra settings not being shown until release - is this true?

+
a few comments elicited one of the most memorable posts ever, by the North American community manager no less, as well as the deeply mysterious decision to enforce the official Witcher forums as just about the sole place on the internet where the hypothetical downgrade can no longer be discussed.

This is quite a strange and misleading statement which i have read before in these forums and my apologies for quoting just a small part of your post.

I won't go into CDPR's PR strategy cause that's something i don't know any details about. I will agree with you that Chris Priestly's infamous post was over the line. But saying that these forums being a place where we couldn't talk about the hypothetical downgrade is absolutely false.
A huge amount of threads in these forums go into dowgrade talks for the past year or so and as far as i can tell, being a member of these forums for quite a long time, nobody ever prevented people to speak their minds and sometimes even crossing the line themselves.

Let me just say i don't agree with the decision not to show ultra because i always thought that it was better to throw all your cards on the table from the start. But i've never seen anyone being denied the right to speak their mind, disagree or even accuse CDPR of various strategies in these forums.

The only people that get i've seen get warnings or get banned are people talking badly against other members.

Sken

Forum veteran
Let me just say i don't agree with the decision not to show ultra because i always thought that it was better to throw all your cards on the table from the start..
That's really something isn't it.

We know about 16 free DLC's well in advance, 2 expansion packs, one of them releasing in 2016, a yet to be officially announced Redkit, 10 hour portion of the game playing as Ciri, but knowing the gfx options and seeing gameplay in Ultra, no no, pc users, can't have that.

I'm actually not complaining, hope Ultra makes a real difference, just surprising that's all.

I think CDPR stated some time ago that they simply didn't have a video showcasing maximum graphical settings in mind initially (when they came up with their PR strategy or whenever) for whatever reason. That's good enough for me; they should just stick to their original plans on what videos to release as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom