Unfair judgement sorrounding this game.

+
They are worth a lot since they sold 8 million copies based on a lie. So they did a very good job. Their job is to sell crap and make you think it's gold, not show principles and take care of customers. They get paid to make it sell, if the product is also good that's another thing, but doesn't happen all the time.

As kikinho said, those 8 million copies might be refunded en masse, I'd like to see the stats. Also exposed the company to lawsuits (should CDPR fail to follow suit on getting the game in a decent state). Caused the company to lose over 1.8 billion in worth and lost the trust of their customers.

This is all very short term consequences.

No they didn't do a good job. They failed to consider anything outside of selling the game. They hired salesmen, not marketing professionals.

I like the game, but there are some serious red flags....

Sincerity and Principalities
Back in the old times "Sincerity" was the relationship between a buyer and seller... Sincerity meant the seller would allow the buyer to hold their product up to the light, up to inspection.... and the Seller would show they had nothing to hide, nothing behind their back... Any Question the Buyer had... the seller would tell honesty/truthfully what he knew.... That's sincerity - To allow yourself to be held up to the light, to let the light shine thru you....Thats why we end letters with sincerely... its your honest truth, in your mind, sharing to s1 else
Principalities are things like Refusing to let Reviewers on the consoles.... and Refusing to let reviewers on PC to use their own footage...Telling people the game is okay and ready for old gen consoles... when it isnt....They are allowing dissenting opinions about their game tho' so +1 for that...

This gaming controversy thing has been going hard for awhile now... thinking way back to APB...Before Forums got so strict with RULES... The APB forum was IMO the downfall of APB... It was like a schoolday with a substitute teach... it was wild...but honestly ... IMO
"The answer to hate speech is not repression, but more speech." -Mr. Bean <3
"If an idea is blatantly ridiculous and stupid, then it should be ridiculously easy to dispute it." - frederic bastiat - the law

But overall, this game has consumed me... Since ive been heavy into politics and stuff for the past couple years... and this story/world hits the spot!

*edit* i wish i could join 6th st gang tho! I wanna be a Patriot! xD

Last edited:
I like the game, but there are some serious red flags....

Back in the old times "Sincerity" was the relationship between a buyer and seller... Sincerity meant the seller would allow the buyer to hold their product up to the light, up to inspection.... and the Seller would show they had nothing to hide, nothing behind their back... Any Question the Buyer had... the seller would tell honesty/truthfully what he knew.... That's sincerity - To allow yourself to be held up to the light, to let the light shine thru you....Thats why we end letters with sincerely... its your honest truth, in your mind, sharing to s1 else
Principalities are things like Refusing to let Reviewers on the consoles.... and Refusing to let reviewers on PC to use their own footage...Telling people the game is okay and ready for old gen consoles... when it isnt....

This gaming controversy thing has been going hard for awhile now... thinking way back to APB...Before Forums got so strict with RULES... The APB forum was IMO the downfall of APB... It was like a schoolday with a substitute teach... it was wild...but honestly ... IMO
"The answer to hate speech is not repression, but more speech." -Mr. Bean <3
"If an idea is blatantly ridiculous and stupid, then it should be ridiculously easy to dispute it." - frederic bastiat the law

But overall, this game has consumed me... Since ive been heavy into politics and stuff for the past couple years... and this story/world hits the spot!

Your argument is much more about societal issues than something specific to CDPR or the gaming industry as a whole.

EDIT: Not saying I disagree, just that's it's a much bigger issue.

Your argument is much more about societal issues than something specific to CDPR or the gaming industry as a whole.

EDIT: Not saying I disagree, just that's it's a much bigger issue.

I do believe the biggest controversies surrounding them are the fact that they were supposed to be different than the predatory practices of past triple A titles right? And the lieing about Old gen console performance, hiding reviews when they knew it wasnt ready... There's plenty of games that get released that are only for high performance pc's.... thats not a problem... the problem is marketing it like old gen can use it ... to increase sales when they cant....

That is the big controversy right? That... and pushing people to work 6 day work weeks? Or the management or people with the buisiness degrees... who are masters at the art of putting blinders on their customers to control what they see... manipulate the consumer to make a sale?

I do believe the biggest controversies surrounding them are the fact that they were supposed to be different than the predatory practices of past triple A titles right? And the lieing about Old gen console performance, hiding reviews when they knew it wasnt ready... There's plenty of games that get released that are only for high performance pc's.... thats not a problem... the problem is marketing it like old gen can use it ... to increase sales when they cant....

That is the big controversy right? That... and pushing people to work 6 day work weeks? Or the management or people with the buisiness degrees... who are masters at the art of putting blinders on their customers to control what they see... manipulate the consumer to make a sale?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

I actually agree with you. There a bit more to it than what you just pointed out but still, my answer to you was simply pointing out that what CDPR are currently being accused of is part of a much bigger societal issue than simply being limited to CDPR or the gaming industry.

I agree its been blown out of proportion. They are very guilty of releasing an unfinished game of what they promised (last and next gen). They are not the first company to do it and wont be the last. Yet in every gaming news outlet its being rehashed and further blown out of proportion day after day.

Everyone screams at companies to own up when they do stuff like that and here they are, doing just that, and it doesn't change a thing for anyone. They took ownership of the problem and placed the blame directly where it belonged (on the execs) and are trying to correct the mistakes in the form of patches and fixes. Give them a chance at least before going on a salt fueled rage quit rampage. This is a good IP and as stated in the OP it is a good game even it if doesn't play to your standards currently and it deserves to thrive. I've been playing on PC and I have been having a blast with 55+ hours, barely touched the story and I cant pull myself away. If I see something a little buggy I usually just giggle for a sec and keep on going. Its not the end of the world. I have had to reload saves because missions became unpassable and its fine. No reason to be so angry. They will iron stuff like that out too. I really believe it.

No one is perfect, I guarantee no one in this forum has ever not made a mistake. They made a mistake and they are at least owning it and trying to atone for it which is not something you see regularly.

I guess if there is anything I wish people would take from this post is that...yes you are well within your rights to complain if you are unhappy with what you paid for and you have the right to voice your opinion for sure. Try to have some understanding and if you really WANT to get the game you thought it was going to be at least give them a chance and don't blow the situation up like they are the first to ever do something like this.

And that is my opinion. Thank you for reading all of it if you did. Now, back to Night City.

The funny thing is CDPR loves to push an image of this anti-greed anti-AAA studio, a sort of rebel. We leave greed to others, we aren't like the other studios who do all this bad stuff.

And they have the most stereotypical AAA release of a game possible.
Lies in marketing? Check.
Review deceit? Check. (No footage in the first wave of reviews, no console ports given)
Showing off footage of stuff thats not in the game? Check.
Game is an absolutely broken buggy mess? Check.
Game was in development for ages, or at least announced ages ago? Check.
It's open world and has RPG features? Check. (For some reason so many of such disasters have this)
It's all due to horrible mismanagement? Check.

If you were playing AAA-Release Disaster Bingo you'd probably have a great time.

Better than Fallout4?

Did you even play that Game?
Sure it didn't have shiny looks and the CP story is better but the stuff you could do in the world was so much more exciting.

It was and is a true RPG and your actions mattered. You can complete tasks in many different ways and you had many different outcomes.

Fo4 has 3rd Person. You can build your base. You can RP.
There was a lot of humour involved. You can even have a companion.

Sorry but Fo4 is 10x better than this game in this state. Got over 200 hours in there and even the platinum trophy on Ps4.

I dropped CP after 45 hours because it's so boring. Shiny looks and a 20 hour story can't compete with Fo4. The newest update even downgraded the graphics on my Ps5.

Maybe CP will be great in 1 year but in this state I might even get a refund. 70€ for this soulless piece of junk is a waste.

If it's working I will get myself Daemon Souls because even that got more RPG in it!

I agree its been blown out of proportion. They are very guilty of releasing an unfinished game of what they promised (last and next gen). They are not the first company to do it and wont be the last. Yet in every gaming news outlet its being rehashed and further blown out of proportion day after day.

Everyone screams at companies to own up when they do stuff like that and here they are, doing just that, and it doesn't change a thing for anyone. They took ownership of the problem and placed the blame directly where it belonged (on the execs) and are trying to correct the mistakes in the form of patches and fixes. Give them a chance at least before going on a salt fueled rage quit rampage. This is a good IP and as stated in the OP it is a good game even it if doesn't play to your standards currently and it deserves to thrive. I've been playing on PC and I have been having a blast with 55+ hours, barely touched the story and I cant pull myself away. If I see something a little buggy I usually just giggle for a sec and keep on going. Its not the end of the world. I have had to reload saves because missions became unpassable and its fine. No reason to be so angry. They will iron stuff like that out too. I really believe it.

No one is perfect, I guarantee no one in this forum has ever not made a mistake. They made a mistake and they are at least owning it and trying to atone for it which is not something you see regularly.

I guess if there is anything I wish people would take from this post is that...yes you are well within your rights to complain if you are unhappy with what you paid for and you have the right to voice your opinion for sure. Try to have some understanding and if you really WANT to get the game you thought it was going to be at least give them a chance and don't blow the situation up like they are the first to ever do something like this.

And that is my opinion. Thank you for reading all of it if you did. Now, back to Night City.
The only thing they have addressed so far were bugs and performance. Not one single word about features and story.

And I don't see any outrage on this forum or hate for the devs. Yes you get the random posts about random people just pointing out whats wrong with the game, but it often stop being entertained after 3 pages.
And for every useless complaint threads, you have multiple other megathreads with complete methadical breakdowns of points and offering multiple constructive solutions.
Reddit is just redit, and the game journals are just being the sensationalist useless PoS as always. Nothing new in there.

I think the judgement is fair but a lot of the anger is out of control. That's pretty much the norm for gamers though. Nerd rage is ugly. Understandably people need to vent but it's hard to take seriously when so much of it is over the top. It'll take some time for the rage monsters to dissipate and actual constructive discussions to be able to break through. Nobody is going to open the door if everyone has pitchforks and torches.

what the hell are you talking about ? i can see in real time how subtitles above enemy head translates each word.
In trailers and gameplay videos they remarked how NPCs speech would be translated once you got the proper implant but without it you could not understand it (e.g. promised as late as NOVEMBER of this year). That is what I’m talking about, silly ^-^

As things stand, V apparently natively understands every language in Night City perfectly if you simply turn on subtitles in the settings. Just another lie by the marketing team to throw on the pile, I guess.

It doesn't exist. Probably because it wasn't deemed fun? Or intuitive? Or just cut.

Don't expect to find many things from the promotional videos. Many were changed or cut out due to time constraints. You can see this in the police system. Great plans: But clearly cut for time and replaced with a band aid solution.
I really, really hope for them that they add in all the things that were promised over the coming months. As we learned from the press the sales figures already recouped all their costs so it’s not like they don’t have the money to do so. Should they instead decide to only do the minimum amount of work on it in order to squeeze out some more profit (lest even one measly penny rolls out the door) then they’re fucking dead to me.

I really, really hope for them that they add in all the things that were promised over the coming months.
I'd be surprised if they didn't. I can see them hunkering down and getting to work putting everything back in to release Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 Edition I dunno. CP2077 REJACKED? :ROFLMAO:

Knowing the high turn over of CDPR the reason so much stuff got cut might just be uncommented code, with devs who know how the code works leaving. Having new folk come in and just have no idea what they're looking at. Probably quit by the time they are really familiar with it and so on.

That's one problem with a high turn over studio. It's a rumour but it has been persisting for ages and sounds scary accurate. Development will no doubt go tons smoother and faster once things settle down out of crunch if management handles things well.

Just to clarify, by the things they promised I mean the shit that was shown and talked about in trailers and interviews leading up to the release. Not concepts simply considered in the early stages of development where they EXPLICITLY mentioned that it was a work in progress (wallrunning, Spiderbot companion and so on), with many things aspect to change.

Merely holding them to what was actually shown and mentioned in their pre-release marketing material does not sound like a particularly huge ask to me. If they wanna go beyond that (e.g. implementing things they mentioned in advance got cut like the usable trains), fine, be my guest. All the better. But failing to provide even that little, the promises on which they sold the game, would be unforgivable.

While I agree once the blame train gets going it is hard to stop it, CDPR are deserving of the criticism. One thing I don't think has been mentioned enough; this is a last-gen game that essentially doesn't run on last-gen consoles. We haven't seen the next gen version of the game yet. Sure, you can make the argument it runs better on PC of course or that if you have better hardware, you will have a better experience, of course but CDPR touted "how well" it runs on last-gen consoles and there are more than just a few bugs here; broken AI, janky controls, etc. etc.

I think part of the frustration for me is I wanted this game to be great and to see CDPR be successful. I don't take pleasure in seeing them fail. Large failures are bad for our hobby and I'm very sad this development team now is dragged into the mud with the likes of EA, Bethesda and others. That doesn't mean they aren't accountable and I can't fathom how they thought releasing the game in this state would end up in any other way than it has? It defies logic.

I have read a lot of hate for the game from PC Gamers but in truth I do not understand. I mean older console gamers got screwed, no doubt but then where quickly offered a refund. As a PC Gamer my experience has been solid, especially considered to MANY other games. There are some minor glitches and it does need some decent horsepower to run well (our new Crysis standard) but overall the experience has been solid.

My only real complaint is the driving mechanic for keyboard and mouse SUCKS.

Guest 4406876

I have read a lot of hate for the game from PC Gamers but in truth I do not understand. I mean older console gamers got screwed, no doubt but then where quickly offered a refund. As a PC Gamer my experience has been solid, especially considered to MANY other games. There are some minor glitches and it does need some decent horsepower to run well (our new Crysis standard) but overall the experience has been solid.

My only real complaint is the driving mechanic for keyboard and mouse SUCKS.

Define solid. Make a list of the things you love about CP77 so we might undertsand what solid for you means.

Define solid. Make a list of the things you love about CP77 so we might undertsand what solid for you means.
I like the overall atmosphere of the game, love playing a NetRunner. I enjoy the combat system. The story is still to soon for me to say in my play through but does not seem to be bad. (Have played much worse) The game play has been stable for me with minor graphical glitches but nothing game stopping. Performance wise, took a little tweaking but I am gaming at 1440P in higher detail levels and staying around mid 80 FPS. Overall I have not had a bad gaming experience, I am having fun.

There are some minor glitches
There are tons of game-breaking bugs, including completely broken quest lines. You must not have played a whole lot of the game or else you would not make such a blatantly false statement. Probably still in the Prologue, huh?

I honestly think Cyberpunk is not bad, not average, it's actualy good. Not great, not revolutionary, it's good.

My first impression was comparison to Fallout 4 - becouse gameplay is quite similar in my opinion. Cyberpunk ( even in the current state ) , is to me much better title than Fallout 4, which was nominated for game of the year award. It's just my personal preference so nobody cares, but it's puzzling to me how harsh Cyberpunk is judged in comparison to similar titles. It's almost like this game supost to be game of games. THE GAME, to play forever and ever till the end of times - and if it's not that ? - it's complete garbage!

Now let's talk about year of the release, and why it doesn't matter at all. I am still playing legendary RPG's like New Vegas, VtMB, Planescape Torment or Mass Effect 1 , and havent found anything similar to replace those games yet ( maybe I'll never will ). So it doesn't matter if it's 2020, becouse we all know games doesn't get better in a linear way. Graphics change, sure, and that's about it. We could even argue that essential gameplay elements are getting worse with every new year. Making visuals for the game takes so much time nowdays ... polishing, optimization, cool gameplay features ? " ain't nobody got time for that ". The most important rule of Triple A releases ? Has to look good.

It's trendy thing nowdays to give CDPR hard time for this release, and that's fair. They deserve criticism. But if we talking about game alone, Cyberpunk is not even nearly that bad like some people trying to make it look. What i see all over the internet is a lot of nitpicking, clickbait articles \ videos, and ton of bad will.

I recommend more playing, less browsing.

Agree, plus - follow the 'wave' give like on internet... in pages with a lot of merchindise 'click bait' :3

Top Bottom