UPDATE 5.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
  • Caretaker provision changed from 14 to 9.
  • Caretaker power changed from 2 to 7.
  • Cartaker ability changed to: Zeal. Order: Purify a unit. Cooldown: 2.
Comment: Finally more than just-another-Scenario. Caretaker is starting new career as a bodyguard against (or a magnet for) Lock, Bleed and Poison, and a punisher to Vitality, Shields and Defenders. We will be closely monitoring the usage of this card. We expect it to be in every deck for a bit before he moves on to be a good value tech-in Purify, and if he will deviate from that, we will adjust him accordingly.
How is this a good decision if the developers expect it to be an auto include in every deck? If that's the expectation, then it is clearly overpowered and should be adjusted. Boring if a single card is in every deck.

I'm in favor of the reduce rewards, I brought it up in my own topic post that CDPR was being too generous with the amount of ores, scrapes, kegs they were literally tossing at you. I never said anything about the MP.

I for one like this balance changes, however, I don't understand why it took them so long to figure it out?

Caretaker rework, I simple don't like.

I'm in favor of the reduce rewards, I brought it up in my own topic post that CDPR was being too generous with the amount of ores, scrapes, kegs they were literally tossing at you. I never said anything about the MP.

I for one like this balance changes, however, I don't understand why it took them so long to figure it out?

I am 100% opposite to that. The only reason gwent is playable and attractive is that it helps new players along with rewards to quickly build a competitive deck and enjoy the game instead of spending money just be able to play and continue playing. What you are saying is too elitist wherein you want only the old players to be able to have good cards and play the game because that's how it'll end up.

Caretaker needed a nerf. It was being used to just necro scenarios which made it awful.

Like most patches nowadays, underwhelming if not downright dissapointing. I've got all premiums largely just due to playing the game for so long, but I imagine this really sucks for the newer crowd. You've no reasonable path to a premium collection without getting your wallet out. The balance changes are insignificant in quality and quantity.

Bribery, the card symbolic for CDPR refusing to nerf/rework cards that clearly need to be once again remains unscathed. Then on top of this there's the mess they've created with the seasonal tree due to 'miscommunication' (lying)

They reject easy solutions and instead go down a path of creating more trouble for themselves. When even Reddit users dare say anything negative you know you have messed up. I'd like to be inspired to play ranked mode again (for the first time in over half a year) but gameplay hasn't been top priority since Gwent is so cosmetics centered now.

Maybe in six months they're done adding new avatars titles and cardbacks and they can finally find the time to make the Wild Hunt make any sense/be viable.

Well, to cut them some slack, fixing Bribery probably require special skills that might not be available. Writing randomisation software is something the whole world has struggled to get right for decades. That's not really an excuse, because available pretty good randomization software is available for free in /dev/random/urandom.

That path probably cannot be used, so, we have to give them some slack for awhile in this regard. I'm sure if they could fix it, they would, but maybe they can't! Getting this kind of software right might be something only a very few individuals in the world have the competence to do.

In regards to the rest, one step in the right direction is better than 10 in the wrong direction or 10 in a circle. I honestly think it's a promising start and it makes me optimistic about the direction of future adjustments.

Biggest changes:
Doom && Freya's Blessing
Caretaker

All the minor tweaks of cards were actually good and shows that those are things they are paying attention too. Ofcourse, we could wish that all cards that need tweaks are fixed immediately and that some major mechanics and issues are addressed, but well.

It's something, a good step.

We have a problem with an intentionally too powerful element that we have added to the game as the latter is used multiple times in each game.

We could make that element doomed and thus avoid its replayability in the most efficient way possible since it does not affect the rest of the set that was not currently causing problems.

No no, here the messenger is killed. Also in this way we allow NG to be the only faction that can still play these elements multiple times and that way we help the balance sheet.

We are in the recent launch of a new game in the competition, we must prepare our strategies. We are both facing a future launch in the Android market.

Our greatest strength is the highly beneficial economy system for new players and f2p and they have opted for a similar model.

We will improve our system by making it less friendly, we know that people love to feel special. That way we will avoid having to think about how to generate elements that are interesting to the public (Although we continue to ignore aspects such as improving the overall visual of the game design and making it more interesting to "buy")

The competition will not have a chance, the rookies will come and love the HS effect of waiting half a life to animate a card (Blizz only generated 500M less in 2019, it is little lost, clearly its system is good) and the veterans will love to fill their coffers with dust .

I think we could sell the title "whale" .... in blue, please.

I guess it was the only thing they had to do, the rest is all completely unnecessary, those of us who have been here for a long time are not really affected, especially if we supported the game economically, but they are dreaming if they think it is a positive patch for the game in regards to Search for new players.

:beer:

LMAO
Better comment ever!

Thank God I stop playing Gwent... that was good till it get in the Whale Groove.

Nice mechanics turn imbalances, imbalances powercrept... the devs looks like Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet... they don't play or know their on game, they have to balance the game for their play styles, which is the worst thing a DEV can do.

Last edited:
I am 100% opposite to that. The only reason gwent is playable and attractive is that it helps new players along with rewards to quickly build a competitive deck and enjoy the game instead of spending money just be able to play and continue playing. What you are saying is too elitist wherein you want only the old players to be able to have good cards and play the game because that's how it'll end up.

Caretaker needed a nerf. It was being used to just necro scenarios which made it awful.

It's not that difficult to build a competitive deck as a beginner. Just do what probably the majority do and mill all the cards of a fraction you don't like to craft the cards from the fraction you want to play. Boom, done deal.

I have yet to even touch Syndicate once at all.

It's not that difficult to build a competitive deck as a beginner. Just do what probably the majority do and mill all the cards of a fraction you don't like to craft the cards from the fraction you want to play. Boom, done deal.

I have yet to even touch Syndicate once at all.

As a beginner it takes a while to figure out what cards are good or not and to be able to change your deck as you move up the ranks. Without access to scraps rewards it would be impossible. I myself have only ever played Scoiatael so far and haven't touched a second faction yet, but even that took me time to build a good strong deck in with experimenting and learning from games I lost.
What you are saying is for a beginner to know how to already know what cards he should get, which makes no sense.

Hey guys, hope yall are well! Happy that we have a new balance patch and an awesome new cardback but, unfortunately, it would seem some of us are experiencing some performance issues since. My FPS dropped to unbearable levels. I am playing on a laptop with an i5, a gt755m and 8 gigs of ram which should be more than plenty to run the game well as has been the case up until now. Before the 5.2 patch I ran Gwent flawlessly on this machine on high graphics settings and with anti-aliasing. Now I am getting fps drops to something like 10-13 fps both ingame and in menu/deck builder pretty much half the time. I tried reducing the graphics settings to medium, disabling shadows, fully disabling anti-aliasing, enabling vsync both ingame and from the nvidia control panel for the game, all to almost no improvement. I've seen some other people having similar experiences. I hope it's some sort of a fixable problem because as I said I ran the game flawlessly on high graphics settings up until yesterday and now it's annoying and off-putting to play. Hopefully those of us affected will get the option to play without whatever visual changes have been added with this patch.

EDIT: As someone thoughtfully mentioned, it is a problem with windows 10 using the integrated video card instead of the dedicated one to run the game for some reason, going into Nvidia control panel and selecting that Gwent should always be run under the dedicated video card fixed the problem!

EDIT2: Still have FPS issues with card animations.

Last edited:
Gameplay changes are mostly fine but the forced milling... I will not be surprised is someone sues CDPR for this. Some people invested heaps of money into kegs that converted into spare cards that were their property. And now it was all forcibly milled at a rate the player did not agree to. Unwise, CDPR, unwise.

Gameplay changes are mostly fine but the forced milling... I will not be surprised is someone sues CDPR for this. Some people invested heaps of money into kegs that converted into spare cards that were their property. And now it was all forcibly milled at a rate the player did not agree to. Unwise, CDPR, unwise.

A demand would be of no use, nothing that we pay for is ours since they really only offer a service.

That is why it is so important that they act in a way ... well, in a completely different way than they are doing.

First they sent our entire collection to the trash replacing what we played with another game, now this.

To be honest, I do not think this update is still about some changes about gameplay experience or the balance of the game as usual.

Fundamentally, it becomes a trust issue. From the view of result, you betray our trust.

We used to believe that our collection, which we put a lot of time and money on, like repeated gold cards, is part of our private property. And we trust you to keep them.

Until yesterday, "Let us auto-mill them for you because WE THINK you do not need them anymore ... and we do not allow you to say NO for that." Sorry, but that is how we feel.

Oh dear, Since when you start to make such decision for us? Since when we trust you to casually destroy our precious cards without asking at the first place? and more importantly, How could you take the action without thinking through?

How could we continue invest a card game when we do not even have the right to keep our cards?

And potentially, you wish to make profit out of the powder change? and wish us to feel "special"?

Well, one way or another, we did feel kind of "special" now. Sadly, we do not grateful for that.

WOW, that sucks, big time! I think they used to be 30/60/120.

I find it rather disgusting that they just went ahead and completely changed all existing trees; if they wanted to make this change they should have done it with New Trees only, without messing around the existing ones and screwing over people.
Post automatically merged:

Btw, the comment Burza made about making powder feel more special is just the biggest lie. I mean, cmon. Fair enough, you gotta make money but try and turn it into a talk about pride and accomplishment. Be transparent, thank you!

Could not agree more, I don't know what the hell the Gwent team is thinking but they are completely disregarding CDPR principles of honesty, transparency and respecting their players.

Why not make this powder change for only New Reward Trees? Why screw over people who were slowly unlocking the old trees only to now find out the Powder nodes have been completely devalued and are offering laughable amounts of powder.

If you are not making enough money from Gwent come clean and be transparent about it, but what you have just done goes against everything CDPR claims to stand for.

Last edited:
Hey all. I love this game but nerfs are getting a little weird...

For instance, the new Reinforced Trebuchet, there is no more inspired. Now its only able to damage a unit on the ranged row. They said it was done to make the card "easier to work around"?? Or some weird reason.

The problem I have with that is its already fairly easy to "work around". It can be locked, moved to the melee row, taken or flat out killed. The entire point of Northern Realms and siege in general is that when it hits, it hits hard! There was no secret on how to defeat it.

Many times I have gone into a round using the Siege Scenario artifact only to have not only one RT locked or moved but BOTH (I used a RT as my first siege).

Im wondering, how do they choose which cards get nerfed? And why nerf cards that already have multiple "workarounds"? Its a siege engine, they are supposed to be strong!

Why did you nerf Reinforced Trebuchet if you have a problem with Siege? Reinforced Trebuchet did nothing wrong. Removing Inspired is so huge and unnecessary change. Makes me not want to play NR anymore. I'm incredibly disappointed.

I feel the same way! I mean, its a freaking TREBUCHET! It makes perfect sense for it to hit either rows when inspired! Thats pretty much what trebuchets do

There are already MULTIPLE counters for this unit as well. It can be moved, locked, KILLED or even taken. Now they want to make it even less of a unit?

Wtf? seriously?

Personally I've spent over 200$ on this game, which I'm fine with, but I do not think that they are generous at all!

Yes we get free kegs after completing certain quests but they have nerfed the card rate soooo much now that it takes so many different kegs to get decent cards. They're not tossing anything at anyone.

If a person were to play this game %100 free, it would takes years to get a decent set of cards with the current hand out rate

As sad as it makes me, you finally overdid it CDPR. I'm not gonna invest another € into this shitty behavior. Go play with your new buddies over at EA and Blizzard, I'm done.

Yeah Im done spending money now as well and Im the type of person who spends allot of money on this game!

Last edited:
I find it rather disgusting that they just went ahead and completely changed all existing trees; if they wanted to make this change they should have done it with New Trees only, without messing around the existing ones and screwing over people.

Could not agree more, I don't know what the hell the Gwent team is thinking but they are completely disregarding CDPR principles of honesty, transparency and respecting their players.

Why not make this powder change for only New Reward Trees? Why screw over people who were slowly unlocking the old trees only to now find out the Powder nodes have been completely devalued and are offering laughable amounts of powder.

If you are not making enough money from Gwent come clean and be transparent about it, but what you have just done goes against everything CDPR claims to stand for.
Absolutely true, and instead making old/unplayable cards playable they nerfing broken cards by 1 provision which changes what? one card from the whole deck and the rest is the same or completely destroying/removing the card and keep removing unique archetypes of deck from the game. They lost the idea what they want to do with the game a long time ago sadly :(.

I'm in favor of the reduce rewards,
There is no way this game is going to get more popular by reducing rewards. I was on Twitch yesterday and when Hearthstone had about 100k viewers, Gwent had 450... That's horrible! Regardless of what people feel of the game, it has to get way more popular to even be viable for CDPR.

There is no way this game is going to get more popular by reducing rewards. I was on Twitch yesterday and when Hearthstone had about 100k viewers, Gwent had 450... That's horrible! Regardless of what people feel of the game, it has to get way more popular to even be viable for CDPR.
I think a spy has infiltrated CDPR and implemented those changed. ;-)
Forced milling and halving the rewards are both terrible decisions for the game.

To be honest, I do not think this update is still about some changes about gameplay experience or the balance of the game as usual.

Fundamentally, it becomes a trust issue. From the view of result, you betray our trust.

We used to believe that our collection, which we put a lot of time and money on, like repeated gold cards, is part of our private property. And we trust you to keep them.

Until yesterday, "Let us auto-mill them for you because WE THINK you do not need them anymore ... and we do not allow you to say NO for that." Sorry, but that is how we feel.

Oh dear, Since when you start to make such decision for us? Since when we trust you to casually destroy our precious cards without asking at the first place? and more importantly, How could you take the action without thinking through?

How could we continue invest a card game when we do not even have the right to keep our cards?

And potentially, you wish to make profit out of the powder change? and wish us to feel "special"?

Well, one way or another, we did feel kind of "special" now. Sadly, we do not grateful for that.
This is very well put. For whatever reason CDPR thought it wise to make the change that has resulted in the milling of many of the cards that we wanted to keep, from a user perspective it feels like theft. If I want to get those cards back through card creation I will have to give money to the organisation that has taken them, and I'm not prepared to do that. I expect that many others will feel the same and this becomes a disincentive to play the game and collect cards.

I cannot imagine that this was the outcome that CDPR desired. There is now a broken trust that only they can mend. The honourable thing to do would be to apologise, reverse their action and restore the removed cards to their owners, or to compensate them by the full cost amount of the cards milled (the replacement cost).

Soimu

Forum regular

So what. The fact that it was generous made me buy more cosmetics and kegs to support. The reason i quit heartstone was because it was literally pay to win and could not build a decent deck without investing a lot of money.

-Reinforced Trebuchet. This card has been changed sooooooo many times. I'm sure it's not an easy card to balance but good grief they gave it the inspired ability when they redesigned NR and it gave the card more flavor, made it more interesting.

It didn't make it interesting and had nothing to do with flavor, an inspired machine makes no sense. The trebuchet got his buff because NR as a faction was underperforming and the devs decided to throw some keywords around without any rhyme or reason just to give it more power.

Top Bottom