Update 6.1 Patch Notes

+
I'm very new to this game, however, am I understanding this correctly? In an effort to prevent defender from protecting both Stefan and Damien together both cards are now vulnerable to any bronze card that can move them to another row (drowner)? If so, I think that may make those cards far too easy to counter. Just one novice's opinion.

Yes, you are beginning to understand what "risk" should mean.

The risk causes some cards to be used less, that makes different types of deck, therefore also the one who plays "that bronze card" risks saving it for something that may not be used by his opponent.

Defenders should never have existed in the first place, not how they work right now.

The entire set of Scoia'tael buffs must be rolled back. This is beyond absurd.

At first glance it seems that they got out of hand, ST was quite good so far it did not need much more.

Scorch and Geralt: Igni

At some point are you going to realize that one of the biggest problems is the bronze units that can accumulate charges and use them all together?
Additionally, artifacts that have only generated problems.
People deserve to be punished with cards like scorch or igni since currently no one plays around them, on Twitch one can see hours of pro rank streaming and the norm is "it is never igni until it is igni". Now you make it easier for those people to work instead of being forced to put benefit cards to get out of alignment.

I would not be surprised if in the future you did the same with Regis "because it causes frustration"

:disapprove:At least the cost of provisions was reduced.

• Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream ability changed to: play a unit from your opponent's graveyard with provision cost 9 or less and give it Doomed. Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream provision changed from 13 to 12.
  • Renew ability changed to: play a unit from your graveyard with provision cost 9 or less and give it Doomed. Renew provision changed from 14 to 12.
:beer:

• Hanmarvyn's Blue Sihil.
  • Renew greatswords

You keep nerfing the game, every day more basic ...

I'm baffled why the devs have not touched Bribery. As others have said in many previous threads, the card is not ok. CDPR should release stats if they have them on how the card performs. As far as I'm concerned the card consistently overachieves its provision cost. Add to the fact that you can replay it with cards like Skellan, Leo Kingslayer, and Emyhr, and for 8p you could be potentially be pulling Oak, Philippa, Damien, Mork HoT, etc, multiple times. And to top it off, the card gives you 3 chances to score gold via the create mechanic. They nerfed Oak, if only a little last balance. They took the nerf bat to NR last year squelching Baron, Keira, and others. Yet Bribery remains unchanged. Personally I would like to see it just create a random gold from your opponents starting deck, giving player no option in what to take. But there are several ideas out there that could make the card feel less bad when you lose to it, including but not limited to: capping the provisions of the cards it can create (like the Renew change), counting double bronzes twice in its pool (so its possible to see 2 copies of the same bronze during the create), or adjusting its provision cost. Even removing the tactic tag from it would be a welcome change.

Alpha Werewolf has followed his New Year's resolution and hit the gym, so his power has gone up a bit.
:ROFLMAO:

Really looking forward to trying out Imposter.
Really not looking forward to entering the deck builder post-patch, though.

Can someone please explain to me how it's ok that SK can do their scenario in one turn, like the whole thing??? Is there any other faction that can do this??? It's like an easy 26 pts, it's just trash, imho!!!

I'm very new to this game, however, am I understanding this correctly? In an effort to prevent defender from protecting both Stefan and Damien together both cards are now vulnerable to any bronze card that can move them to another row (drowner)? If so, I think that may make those cards far too easy to counter. Just one novice's opinion.

That's a correct observation. It prevents the most cowardly moves with defender, damien, skellen. But it also opens up more options for just plain countering. Say against imperial formation with no defender, they boost to 7, you just row move instead of thunder as an example. I use heatwave on Damien in those cases, since other removal is near impossible.

Sadly, this makes ST more powerful against NG, but it's a most welcome change.
Post automatically merged:

The only thing I hate about this patch is the fact that they took away harmony from dwarves. The number of cards with Harmony is now too low and most of them are dryads.

Good riddance. Even more harmony needs to be removed actually. ONLY dryads should have it, and that's luckily the direction they are moving (according to what they said).

That's a correct observation. It prevents the most cowardly moves with defender, damien, skellen. But it also opens up more options for just plain countering. Say against imperial formation with no defender, they boost to 7, you just row move instead of thunder as an example. I use heatwave on Damien in those cases, since other removal is near impossible.

Sadly, this makes ST more powerful against NG, but it's a most welcome change.
I'm not sure this will change much those decks now probably just auto include Letho Kingslayer if they need another Defender if not they copy Skellen or Damian. Imposter or Enslave can steal the opponents Defender for the other row too .

Qzman

Forum regular
Yes, I was. I dislike automill in general.
I love it. Every card game has it. Beats having to mill every card manually, that would be mental. And mobile interface does not allow such a button, nor is it intuitive enough for newer players. The devs did it the best way they could.

I'm not sure this will change much those decks now probably just auto include Letho Kingslayer if they need another Defender if not they copy Skellen or Damian. Imposter or Enslave can steal the opponents Defender for the other row too .

Alot of those decks auto include Kingslayer anyways. Besides, the toolbox against them will be bigger and wider, so it becomes a weaker meta.

So, when does this update GO LIVE anyways?

I want to try the new leaders! (NG, MO especially)

You guys weren't paying attention, were you? It's fixed, now only cards that can't be transmuted (surplus of copies) are milled.

What would be nice is if there were options for "auto mill". Some people might want to keep in their collection both premium and non-premium collections. Some want to mill all millable cards, while others want to not mill transmutable cards etc.

"keep non-premium collection"
*keep transmutable cards"

There are various degrees of which cards people want to auto-mill, if they want that at all. I think this game could better serve the "collection aspect" of the game, by making options for all this and additional features like "show all surplus copies of x cards" and "mill all surplus copies of x card" etc etc...

During this time, when manually scrapping cards, I had to scrap single copies of cards I had 10 copies of.

Not only is there an imbalance in the reward books vs scraps and collection and so fourth, but the collection aspect of the game seems to have been largely neglected. With recent changes however, it seems there is now finally some balance in regards to reward points and reward books to actually complete them in a decent timeline. But there are still too many scraps, which makes collection too easy and likely that you will have all cards in a certain faction before you manage to unlock their reward book (which in turn makes reward books less rewarding). Adding faction kegs in the shop, further magnified this whole issue.

Last edited:
"Social media channels are now available in the Main Menu. "
Really hate this for the PC version of Gwent, makes it look like a cheap mobile game.

Did not notice any powder change in the notes, does that mean powder is staying the same for now?

Powder was returned to the old 1 node for 30 powder/ 2 for 60/ 3 for 90 a while ago, worry not!

Android update is live. New Geralt Journey Mode* is in the Game plus awesome Loading Screen:oops:
Edit: but i think you need to buy a Premium Pass to unlock all the stuff?
* It' not an actual Gameplay mode it's just a unlock thing kind of like the Read Dead Online Outlaw Pass, after seeing the picture i tought it's a single player mode like those Special Open Beta Events:cry:
Screenshot_20200402-114912.jpg

Last edited:
Some great and welcome changes! I love the new Cerys. She was a thinning tool but SK has plenty anyway. A very original and elegant way to deal with NG, the only way IMO apart from completely reworking the elder bears/bribery. Let's not forget that NG is not tier 1 and they shouldn't be nerfed more, despite of all the wailing crybabies. On that front, I'm all for the complete rework of Bribery as I think it's very inconsistent and feels in general a bit out of place in Gwent (both when high and low-rolling)

Glad to see the ST dwarves seeing some love, this should help shake up the meta!

Love all the new leader abilities without exception, can't wait to try them out!

I think there are now way more viable SK decks, which is very good.

I think that Blue Dream is now objectively worse than Renew, as it was before. I also think that both are now unplayable.

Please reconsider the social network icons ingame, it will really make the game feel like a cheap mobile game, as someone already pointed out.

All those 'quality of life' changes are also appreciated and very welcome!

THANKS CDPR, FOR ALL THE WORK, ESPECIALLY IN THESE CHALLENGING TIMES!

No. It being an option, not forced, would be the best way.
Maybe you also need an option of playing the game with chopsticks and your screen being upside down? Or even better download bugged version of the game that won't even start? Don't be ridiculous. There is absolutely 0 use for spare cards.

Top Bottom