Update 6.1 Patch Notes

+
There is absolutely 0 use for spare cards.

Normally speaking, yes. But there were two issues in Gwent. First of all, the original auto-mill was too aggressive and also milled duplicate cards that could have been used for transmutation. Secondly, in the past, players could save their cards and get a full refund when one or more of those cards were nerfed. This is no longer possible, though. Finally, a more general issue, there is the psychological aspect of giving up control. In the end, if everything worked well from the start, less users would have complained about it. Truth be told, this "feature" should have been implemented in beta, way back.

Can't you add a provision limit to Bribery too?
To developer,

How does it feel when your opponent have total control over your best legendary card to your bronze cards?
That's how it feel when playing against NG... they can access you ANYTIME ANYWHERE

"More like they won't grow and never let you grow. If you grow it's mine. And I'll repeat.
The developers mine as well o_O "

Let me break it down for you the core 'mechanics' thats getting OP recently(IMO):

OP mech list:

Base copy
Seize (Include Yenn Invo)
Removal
Lock
============= (Any cards below this can be countered, eg. Poison=Purify, Armor=Break it)
Defender
Poison
Armor
Boost
Shield
...(other faction mech)

My point is if your opponent plays a card that can gives high impact, eg. Bribery 8=prov can pull your 13 prov card and DEPLOY, what is the point of this so called provision? what do I get in return? misery?

Yenn Invo, simply take your card from your field and use it!?

Briefly, most faction gold card or legend interacting within faction but NG cards( which you think 'distrupting') have global access to opponents deck or field or even hand or even graveyard. I understand NG is a cruel kingdom and playing against your own card. But look at latest update:

Damien & Impostor lock your Defender and copy your Defender, now you can't aim Damien(order) while Steff reuse tactics. And damien reuse Impostor and keep on locking and copy your cards. And to add salt to the wound play Bribery/Sweers. If im not wrong, the opponent can't even play his own cards...you are breaking everything apart CDPR(n)

Disappointing..for engines..melee row screwed

Nice to see all my custom decks will still get smacked by masquerade ball and feign death.

Stopped playing as much after the Deadeye Ambush change and yet trap ST is still getting no love. As mentioned earlier Hatori the lone deck builder is still complete garbage and Iorveth is still unplayable

Hi dev team!
Been playing for months, thanks for trying to innovate every month.
I’ve noticed this is the second wave of new leader abilities...perhaps next update we can add a *few* new contracts to keep it interesting? I am running out and am kind of a completionist...I might not stay interested if the daily grind is the only way to get keys.

Majority of changes are fine, some are weird (like barely played Dream and Renew).

And still people whining about NG ;'D
In upper ranks, where actual skill counts, NG is so-so, a lot of ways to dominate or outsmart it.
NG lacks true engines, some decks rely on RNG (Bribery, Diplomacy, Reveal) , and it`s easily punished by other factions, if the player is at least good.

Skellige got some straightforward and easy power swings, it`s going to be Tier 1 this season, "one turn scenario", "Cerys", "swords+wild boar+graveyard replay", three powerful, easy to resolve combos.

At last a minor nerf to harmony, but the dwarves archetype has also potential to be OP, on the first glance.

Hello, this will be a bit long so bear with me. I will start by saying that I've been a huge Gwent/ Witcher fan for a long time, I was one of the first people to get an invite for the closed beta and I have over 4000 hours of gameplay and counting, so it is needless to say that I absolutely love this game. I actually never complained about any of the decisions made to the game, nothing hindered my enjoyment for playing it and I never wrote any negative feedback towards CDPR.
So, to get to my point, some of your decisions for this patch finally made me worry, especially the changes to Scorch and Igni. These two cards have been a staple of gwent gameplay since the very first day and I will never really understand what made you destroy these cards in such a terrible way. I understand adding initiative to both of them, but why would you destroy the identity of such classic cards ( I mean, the art of Igni is actually on most gwent posters and I know of no other card to impact gwent gameplay so much and for such a long time by making everybody think twice before placing cards on a row ) by making Igni destroy only one card and leave Scorch at 12 p ? This kind of control option is needed in the game and it actually keeps engine decks in check and it actually kept gwent unique in my opinion.
In conclusion, CDPR, if you will ever see this, please understand that this post of mine comes from a place of love and I am writing this only because your decisions have drastically altered my enjoyment of the game, and as one of your oldest players I saw everything from start to now and I feel like you are losing your identity more and more. I hope that you will see that and maybe reverse this change but I guess you know better. Truly all the love and keep doing an amazing job !

And still people whining about NG ;'D
In upper ranks, where actual skill counts, NG is so-so, a lot of ways to dominate or outsmart it.
NG lacks true engines, some decks rely on RNG (Bribery, Diplomacy, Reveal) , and it`s easily punished by other factions, if the player is at least good.
Okay, so you suggest NG is not a problem because the best players in upper ranks don't have such a problem dealing with NG's wide array of control tactics.

Thus, you also imply:
  1. That NG is still a problem for medium or low rank match-ups - which is a very large number of players!
  2. That NG is also a problem for non-ranked / casual matches - where many people play less competitively to have fun or to try out new deck ideas - and still face these boring, oppressive control NG net-decks.

Quickly what stood out:
-Ele'yas suddenly auto-include in elf decks.
-Was waiting for Munro change, but all we got is power AND provision nerf without any utility adjustment at all? That when the rest of the dwarves seemed to be getting meaningful rework? Baffling. Munro was useless before and became worse. OK... I guess he's the sacrificial lamb this update.
-Kinda like the Scorch and Igni changes.
-Damien and Skellen nerfs are OK and welcome, though of course none of it will make playing against ng any more fun. If anything, it might make playing AS ng a bit more fun, if you're into that kinda thing...
-NG untouched otherwise... except given another annoying leader ability to grief people with. Same old, same old.
-Cerys... ouch
-Can someone explain to me what exactly was wrong with "Mill Spare Cards" button?

DRK3

Forum veteran
And there's this glitch when fire effects occur destrying a card, where the fire effect will stay on board for the rest of the match.

It has already happened to me twice, once when an opponent used Vivienne Oriole and another when i used something (dont remember what) that also caused this.

Yes, you are beginning to understand what "risk" should mean.

The risk causes some cards to be used less, that makes different types of deck, therefore also the one who plays "that bronze card" risks saving it for something that may not be used by his opponent.

Defenders should never have existed in the first place, not how they work right now.

At first glance it seems that they got out of hand, ST was quite good so far it did not need much more.

What risk and downside is there to Vernossiel? Both Phillipa cards? Falibor? BB ? Anseis? Seltkirk? Vissegerd? Oak? Crowmother?
You can't tell me these cards are 'fine' because 99% of decks use them. In fact, NR and ST decks use at least 4 of these in every deck and nothing has been done about it. Disgusting.

To developer,

How does it feel when your opponent have total control over your best legendary card to your bronze cards?
That's how it feel when playing against NG... they can access you ANYTIME ANYWHERE

"More like they won't grow and never let you grow. If you grow it's mine. And I'll repeat.
The developers mine as well o_O "

My point is if your opponent plays a card that can gives high impact, eg. Bribery 8=prov can pull your 13 prov card and DEPLOY, what is the point of this so called provision? what do I get in return? misery?

But of course, what else would people give as example but Oak? It is a cancer and shouldn't exist in it's current form.

It's quite tiresome, to be honest. No one complains about Imperial diplomacy because it doesn't allow the opponent to play op cards. When someone gets to play one of the unbalanced cards, suddenly people start complaining.

Maybe the problem is not that the others get to play a card out of your deck but that they get to play unbalanced cards just like you? If these cards were tuned no one would complain.

Last edited:
What risk and downside is there to Vernossiel? Both Phillipa cards? Falibor? BB ? Anseis? Seltkirk? Vissegerd? Oak? Crowmother?
You can't tell me these cards are 'fine' because 99% of decks use them. In fact, NR and ST decks use at least 4 of these in every deck and nothing has been done about it. Disgusting.

But of course, what else would people give as example but Oak? It is a cancer and shouldn't exist in it's current form.

It's quite tiresome, to be honest. No one complains about Imperial diplomacy because it doesn't allow the opponent to play op cards. When someone gets to play one of the unbalanced cards, suddenly people start complaining.

Maybe the problem is not that the others get to play a card out of your deck but that they get to play unbalanced cards just like you? If these cards were tuned no one would complain.
Imagine ST got Bribery 8p and I pull your Damien 11p and play along my defender and use Mystic Echo over and over.
You'll pee your pants in 2 turns.

Now that makes Damien 11p and Bribery both looks OOP and unbalanced than Oak mostly depend on total cards on a lane. How you deal with that? Few of these NG cards need provision alteration due to their unique accessibility on opponents deck. Even neutral RNG Uma 11p can't pull better cards but Bribery 8p is very much narrowed RNG. Just accept that because that's the fact.

Some NG do play their engine decks and defenders but very rare. Maybe they find it fun playing other faction cards...

Bugs...
1. Journey quests are not showing progress. I think, I got the rewards, but áll the counters stay at 0.
2. Visual bug. You can't see Opponent's avatar/border
3. Aelirenn Seasonal Tree 2019 : quest 'Finish 4 matches in any online mode' is progressing until 3 and stuck. If you quit the game, it resets to 0.
4. Season of Elf Seasonal Tree 2019 quest. 'Complete a Daily Crown 4 times'... How is this doable with this Journey Event?

Failbor: Potential 13 for 11prvs - need 3 enemies.
Phillipa: 11 for 12provs - 6 of those are random
Seltirik: Potential 10 for 9 - Need an enemy, row locked. Need more setups for 1 poont over provs?
Anseis: 8 for 10provs instant or 10 for 10provs. More value only with more cards and higher enemies.
Vernossiel: 11 for 12provs (ranged) or previous setup for melee.
Oak: Needs 5 units for a 1/1 ratio. Full row to 15 for 13provs

Damien: With enslave (6): 17 for 11provs (you can carryover the leader for other round)
Stefan: With Garrison: 15 for 10provs (im not even counting the bribery chances)

Now, compare them with ORDER units in ST and NR in one turn value (dont come with the "Burza is broken in long rounds")

On a side note: Formation is just as ridiculous as a defender, maybe worse.

Guest 4368268

My feelings about this patch are that there are more bugs/glitches than I'm willing to dive into but I'll take that if it means the patches are substantial. I'd like to give credit for the Journey implementation and I like the fundamental gameplay change that is ('initiative') bringing back the back and forth bluffing for scorch/igni is great. Was one of my favourite interactions in Beta Gwent whether defensively or offensively.

The leader abilities are far from revolutionary and so I don't really see the point of them. It's mostly a variant of something we already had. I guess the Skellige one would be one I see potential in. At this point I hope they start giving rows some thought and the row limit in particular which imo is just too low. Put a handful of cards on your opponents' side of the board and poof you've just auto-won, that's a bit silly. Furthermore I'd like to see them nerf the most overused/consistent cards and rework (not simply buff by a point or a couple of provisions) some of the notoriously underused ones.

I guess the patch is a step in the right direction which is nice. I haven't really played at all the past couple of months but I'm still hopeful the end product might be worthwhile. I hope when the mobile crowd is sworn in and settled they'll work towards making the game less simple and raise the skill floor.

Top Bottom