Use Meteorite Powder Now or Save it?

+
Since premium gold cards are going to milled automatically at 1600 scraps(which means 2 potential gold cards), is it wise to use all my meteorite powder to animate my gold cards?

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
If you only care about getting more scraps so you can get more cards, then yes. If you'd like to be able to transmute the cards in homecoming, then leave some powder over.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
If you only care about getting more scraps so you can get more cards, then yes. If you'd like to be able to transmute the cards in homecoming, then leave some powder over.
Is there any information on how many scraps do you need to craft all normal cards in Homecoming?

Is there any information on how many scraps do you need to craft all normal cards in Homecoming?
If you mean how many scraps in total, then I don't remember seeing any info about that. There is a list of all the cards in HC, so in theory someone could do the math going by it

Edit: I Imagine everyone will get some basic deck for all the factions + 20 cards from thronebreaker (if you buy it) so we wont have to craft EVERY new card

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed then that you can no longer craft animated cards with scraps?

You might as well do that, as you can craft premium golds for that amount anyway. So just spend all you can so you can play some different decks this last week. You won't lose anything.

I hope we get some info tonight on how the transition will take place. I assume most people will have 30+ copies of some commons by now. I hope they all get transmuted for maximum value as they promised. Do we have to open all kegs? Spend all scraps?

Has it been confirmed then that you can no longer craft animated cards with scraps?

You might as well do that, as you can craft premium golds for that amount anyway. So just spend all you can so you can play some different decks this last week. You won't lose anything.

I hope we get some info tonight on how the transition will take place. I assume most people will have 30+ copies of some commons by now. I hope they all get transmuted for maximum value as they promised. Do we have to open all kegs? Spend all scraps?
From what i heard, you can still transmute with meteorite powder after homecoming. They just wont refund powder when you mill them.

In another note is converting silver into premium as profitable as converting gold?

Edit: Sorry i misread that, yes you would be able to craft premium with scraps at the same cost as now.

Meteorite Powder is probably going to get another use (purchase of vanity items) so use it at your own risk (not that it will be hard getting it back, still).

If you need to build a collection go for it, otherwise don't. Keep in mind that at prestige 10 you will get a guaranteed premium card as the last card, hence you will get a crapton of powder, if anything because you will be milling premium dupes of rares from kegs.

So milling cards in homecoming will still give powder? I guess you could say animated cards are vanity items.

So milling cards in homecoming will still give powder? I guess you could say animated cards are vanity items.
The big mill from server will only give you scraps (just to avoid any confusion here), but after that yeah it's business as usual. Premium cards will give you meteorite powder when disenchanted.

Btw after seeing the stream, they are literally showing us in rewards so i wouldn't hastily use it now. But if you need the extra oomph to get full collection post-HC then sure, go ahead and have fun!

DRK3

Forum veteran
We'll get the 'grace period' where we can mill all cards for full value right?

Will they take into account with the achievment system? Cuz it will be really easy to craft-mill-craft-mill- to get immediately all those achievments related to spending crafts otherwise.

We'll get the 'grace period' where we can mill all cards for full value right?

Will they take into account with the achievment system? Cuz it will be really easy to craft-mill-craft-mill- to get immediately all those achievments related to spending crafts otherwise.
No grace period, they will mill all of our cards from the server when the game goes live. You will start with just your resources and the starter decks, then you can recraft your collection as you see fit.

Btw what you proposed is exactly the reason why they picked this system.

DRK3

Forum veteran
No grace period, they will mill all of our cards from the server when the game goes live. You will start with just your resources and the starter decks, then you can recraft your collection as you see fit.

Btw what you proposed is exactly the reason why they picked this system.

Well, sh*t... Seems like i know what i'll be doing on the 23rd... Spending 4-6 hours on HC Gwent opening hundreds of hoarded kegs, crafting everything, milling sh*ttons of cards, exploring the achie, i mean "contracts", the reward book...

I'll be amazed if i manage to actually play a match at all, eheheh

(EDIT) Wait, now that actually got me thinking, since i wasnt prepared for that... If we get full value for all our cards, i know i'll have enough scraps to craft everything, but since i also got kegs, it would be more efficient to open kegs first, mill the dupes, then craft the remainder, correct? Gotta love the "engineery" approach to nerd problems...

Well, sh*t... Seems like i know what i'll be doing on the 23rd... Spending 4-6 hours on HC Gwent opening hundreds of hoarded kegs, crafting everything, milling sh*ttons of cards, exploring the achie, i mean "contracts", the reward book...

(EDIT) Wait, now that actually got me thinking, since i wasnt prepared for that... If we get full value for all our cards, i know i'll have enough scraps to craft everything, but since i also got kegs, it would be more efficient to open kegs first, mill the dupes, then craft the remainder, correct? Gotta love the "engineery" approach to nerd problems...
Actually it's far more efficient to open your kegs and spend all of your ores now, before HC hits (i will open my 100+ the day before). Right now every keg you open will net you at worst 200 scraps. Post wipe, any dupe you get from your kegs will have little to no value instead.

Thanks, this thread doesn't help at all. Wouldn't it make sense for them to leave everything as is scrap-wise and meteorite-wise?

rrc

Forum veteran

AFAIK, milling now (or before HC) is a criminal waste as you will get 3x more scraps during the-great-server-mill-on-HC-arrival. As everyone, I will open all my kegs the day before HC so that all the cards I get are milled for full value. Even if you have obscene amount of scraps, kegs, it is still wise to open kegs and NOT mill so you get full scraps and using which you can even craft full premium collection.

Top Bottom