V as a cold blooded assassin/hitman doesn't fit the narrative.

+

Guest 4402625

Hiring her as an assassin just doesn't fit the story and her character and her personality at all. Having assassin abilities and using them as a survivor one thing, being a hired hitman another thing.

And there are couple of mission that you can't avoid being a cold blooded killer. You may say that I have a choice not to take those missions, but there is no evil side good side morality system in this game. You are always a good guy trying to survive in a linear story with no consequences.

One minute you are talking about family, friendship, loyalty, love and the next you are hired as a hitman. This makes me feels awkward.

You can knock out assassination targets and put them in the fixers car instead. But, why doesnt it fit the narrative? Is V out there building churches and i missed it? John wick went on a murder spree because someone killed a dog left to him by his dead wife. Assassins cant love? What? lol

You can knock out assassination targets and put them in the fixers car instead. But, why doesnt it fit the narrative? Is V out there building churches and i missed it? John wick went on a murder spree because someone killed a dog left to him by his dead wife. Assassins cant love? What? lol

Whoa. Can you KO every job target and put them in fixers' cars? Or was this just specific targets?
Post automatically merged:

Hiring her as an assassin just doesn't fit the story and her character and her personality at all. Having assassin abilities and using them as a survivor one thing, being a hired hitman another thing.

And there are couple of mission that you can't avoid being a cold blooded killer. You may say that I have a choice not to take those missions, but there is no evil side good side morality system in this game. You are always a good guy trying to survive in a linear story with no consequences.

One minute you are talking about family, friendship, loyalty, love and the next you are hired as a hitman. This makes me feels awkward.

Aren't there mods to make firearms as non-lethal? I know you end up accidentally killing a few enemies but it's not the intent, from your RP perspective.

I'm on board with this one. My V is not an hired assassin. I just went up against this scenario in a recent quest. I decided to knock the target out and carry them out to a vehicle. in hind sight, I should (and still may) just go back to a previous save and not do the quest at all. I'm just running around exploring anyway so I won't loose anything. Just doesn't feel right. The line given to me by the fixer was ' I understand why you don't want to get your hands dirty...' . In this quest, the target had nothing to do with the story, it was a 'personal' thing by the fixer.

Might be nit picking, but I don't feel right about taking on a job as a hired assassin.

You're nitpicking. V is a merc. So he takes the jobs that he(the player) wants or ignores the ones he doesn't. Killing included. Or did you think him having a gun was just an accessory? Or the fact that in the prologue cutscene, him and Jackie running and gunning down people was an accident?

V's out to survive. How is entirely up to us.

You're nitpicking. V is a merc. So he takes the jobs that he(the player) wants or ignores the ones he doesn't. Killing included. Or did you think him having a gun was just an accessory? Or the fact that in the prologue cutscene, him and Jackie running and gunning down people was an accident?

V's out to survive. How is entirely up to us.

you're quite right to a point. Assassination however, is not necessarily a requirement for survival. As you pointed out, V is a Merc. Even mercs have a line they won't cross. That said, you play your game your way, I'll play mine.

Good comment though.

it's biochip in your brain that tricks you.

Whoa. Can you KO every job target and put them in fixers' cars? Or was this just specific targets?
Post automatically merged:

Aren't there mods to make firearms as non-lethal? I know you end up accidentally killing a few enemies but it's not the intent, from your RP perspective.

i always defeat them non lethal and put them in the cars after. the cyberpsychos though are not to be put in the cars but even them i only do non lethal as the job is mostly to return them before they getting killed by e.g. miltech and such.

so far i did not kill any of them =)

i always defeat them non lethal and put them in the cars after. the cyberpsychos though are not to be put in the cars but even them i only do non lethal as the job is mostly to return them before they getting killed by e.g. miltech and such.

so far i did not kill any of them =)
Yes, I completed the cyberpsycho mission without killing any of them.

Besides the nonlethal mods, you can also use blunt weapons, and all the DOT quick hacks are nonlethal as well (you can look at the quick hacks that you have and it will tell you whether or not it is lethal or nonlethal).

Yes. There are even a couple where the fixer calls you back and is like "I'm surprised they're still alive based on our conversation."

Padre contacts you if you do it to the Vehicular Manslaughter girl. He's like, "Ah, didn't want to get your hands dirty, eh? It's okay. I'll handle it."

Yeah you dont have to kill any assassin target, i give myself a self challenge to go in and get the target and sneakout without touching any of the henchmen just to make it more difficult.

I'm so used to the Star Wars Bounty Hunter lifestyle that my V never even considered herself as a hitman. She's just completing the contract...

The V I'm playing currently hates gang members and other "scumbags". So he doesn't mind taking them out when the job requires. In fact if he sees a bunch of gang members standing on a corner, he will take them out if there are no innocents wandering nearby.

You just have to make an internal narrative that fits the situation, I don't think there is a "one size fits all" V...he/she is what you make them. If that kind of job doesn't fit your V, don't accept them or complete them.

Complete mission with non lethal gun/hacks/abilities.

Collect bonus eddy's.

Return to job site, kill all the things for more experience.

Narrative: V is a cold blooded killer, but keeps that to themselves.

V's situation and character are plenty realistic than what people are usually aware of. The world is massive and there will always be the existence of people whose actions mix up with their personality beyond reasoning and sense. And it's especially unbelievable when you're used to living in a much safer environment. But out here in a country like the Philippines, it's just a daily occurrence. People go out and drink with strangers not knowing they're toasting bottles with cold-blooded hitmen who religiously go to church every Sunday, has 3 beautiful children, and is hired to kill local political enemies without remorse with an ice pick in a wet market.

V's juxtapose in character is nothing out of the ordinary really.

My V doesn't kill anyone but a handful of targets.

Pax Mod, Stealth Hacking

But he keeps, I shit you not, THE LEGENDARY KATANA to finish off the truly evil.

I feel like I have fully become Hiro Protagonist with this.

Top Bottom