Varying XP

+
Thank you so far to everyone who is contributing to figuring this out.

Random XP on the tentacles is actually a pretty good guess.

I will get to testing more shortly, I keep saying I will but I promise this time!

Ok, data time!

I fought the beast five more times. Each attempt was done without taking the Ostmurk potion and while on Insane mode. I had, directly before the fight, 8773 XP.

Attempt 1: Skipped scene, no damage, used trap, ended with 10,819 XP.

Attempt 2: Watched scene, hit once, got trapped by Kayran once, hit with Quen once, used trap, ended with 10,950 XP.

Attempt 3: Skip scene, no damage, no trap, ended with 10,905 XP.

Attempt 4: Skip scene, no damage, used trap, ended with 10,821 XP.

Attempt 5: Skip scene, no damage, used trap, ended with 10,860 XP.

I am leaning toward the tentacles giving out random experience. However, the amount of XP Geralt has does not change during the fight / after hacking off a tentacle. It only applies directly after the scene when Sile lands beside him.

I am going to stick with attempt number five, for I believe it is a fair middle ground among all of the attempts (and it is the only one I saved afterwards). If other people wish to try their luck at this, please do so!

slimgrin said:
I'm guessing you know how to beat the Kayren by now.

:)

Trokken, you may want to keep an eye open on the Act II section of the forum for people asking for help with the kayran. There are a fair number of savegames posted, and you can kill two birds with one stone - help someone out and see the XP relative to different builds/levels.

I guess I have become quite the Kayran slayer as of late :)

I'll be sure to check out the posts of people who are looking for help with defeating it. Should be a piece of cake by now!

Trokken said:
I guess I have become quite the Kayran slayer as of late :)

I'll be sure to check out the posts of people who are looking for help with defeating it. Should be a piece of cake by now!

It can be quite fun - you do get to see a lot of different builds.
(But of course, I should have said the Act I section, not the Act II section.)

it certainly does have a combo mechanic.

it gets up to like 10 swings, for both strong & fast styles. the first 3 or 4 are repeatative, but after that they build.

i think you can combine them together as well.

geralt will even do the "over the head 2 handed leaping down swing" during strong attack combos, just like last game!

im guessing it probably does have something to do with the kayran trap?

Top Bottom