Very Low Voice/Sound in Cutscenes (and Geralt) on 5.1 Audio.

+
Very Low Voice/Sound in Cutscenes (and Geralt) on 5.1 Audio.

Hello everyone.
Im having a hard time trying to fix the sound volume for voices, when Geralt talks and when watching cutscenes (loading game) the volume is very low, but only for voices, sound effects and music are fine.
I believe its a issue with 5.1 audio because when i set it to stereo the volume is ok. (Use stereo is not an option)
Updated everything i could, did the DLL fix, still no fix. First game i have this problem and i play using the same settings for a long time.

Any help?

Playing on Windows 8.1 (Steam version), card is a Asus Xonar Essence STX connected to my HT.

Anyone?
No changes for this after patch 1.05.
I hope CD Projekt is aware of this problem, really breaks the immersion.

I have this issue too, the 1.05 patch did not help. Also, I play in stereo, so it is not a 5.1 issue.

My description: On some occasions, cutscene voices, as well as all sounds from Geralt himself (like his steps or what he says to himself about clues...) is too low to be understandable, even though I can hear the sound is still there - just quieter. Other sounds are OK, or maybe a tiny bit quieter too.

So far, it happens to me most frequently if I leave the game paused, either in menu, inventory, dialogue or gwent board. I'm not sure if it ever happened to me without being AFK. When the issue appears, there is nothing I can do about that - restarting the game or even the PC does nothing. Loading another save won't help too - the voice is missing even in the intro cinematic when launching the game. I tried to delete config files when it happens, but still no change. The only thing to do is to play without voices in cutscenes and some time later (can be hours, or another day...) the voice suddenly kicks in.

This really breaks the atmosphere of the game and it happens to me every day I play. :(

Platform: PC, Windows 10 Insider Preview, audio in stereo mode, audio chip is Realtek.

Today it happened in middle of a dialogue with Yennefer:
Yennefer was silenced in middle of a sentence in a quiet scene, back in Kaer Morhen, when I came to tell her about the megascop issue being fixed. Before she called Ida.

That's really bad man.
I don't have problems if i play on Stereo, at least i haven't noticed anytime. But when i select 5.1 audio, it will happen always. The first cutscene when you start the game, you can hear the sound of the rain very loud and barely listen to the voice. Every dialogue i can hear others, but not Geralt since his voice goes to the center speaker. Indeed breaks the atmosphere. Waiting for a patch but for now, not even a word from CD Projekt. :facepalm:

Top Bottom