Villentretenmerth cheese in NR deck

+
StrykerxS77x;n7177490 said:
Everyone needs to relax on Borkh and on NR. In regards to Bork he isn't unbeatable by any stretch. There's always a way to play around him or counter him so that you can still win, more importantly the devs are adding in that new Dimeritium chains card which will give you a way to kill Bork.

As for NR that faction was gutted with this patch so leave it alone. It's been through enough.

Very true :)

Could anybody post decklist for good Radovid control? I tried couple of builds and I was not happy with any of them, both Eithne and Harald control felt much better. I mean it is nice when everything works perfectly and you get Elite + Reinforcment, scorch dragon + sergeant in right moment, then Medic + Promote or Shani and so on. Problem is you play lot of cards that are really situational, medics returns Sergant in bad moment, Elite is pretty bad without reinforcement, you draw Reinforcement or Promotion when you don't need it and so on. Yeah, if I draw all cards in right order, I'm able to beat any other control, but consistency is not there. But maybe I tried wrong builds. So I'm really interested if anybody have build that is consistent and successful on high lvls.

The latest YouTube Video by Gwent Player King Black Toof features a game where the opponent demonstrates the Borkh Cheese/Resurrect Constantly or as I like to call it "Keep Pulling it out his Ass!" but King Black Toof shows how to counter and beat that play perfectly and demonstrate these players don't really have much of a back up plan if you shutdown their one trick pony approach to playing. Check out the video here https://youtu.be/XmHzleeQC1g

cwattyeso;n7181880 said:
The latest YouTube Video by Gwent Player King Black Toof features a game where the opponent demonstrates the Borkh Cheese/Resurrect Constantly or as I like to call it "Keep Pulling it out his Ass!" but King Black Toof shows how to counter and beat that play perfectly and demonstrate these players don't really have much of a back up plan if you shutdown their one trick pony approach to playing. Check out the video here https://youtu.be/XmHzleeQC1g
Is that the same guy who uses the I'll wait till my turn is over "strategy"?

The KBT video is a very bad example of that play. not well played by the NR player at all.
he was trying to win both round 1 and 2 using that, and not time the borch revive for the last round etc.

To "win" more often than to loose with that strat you need to adapt your play, sometime, demoting borch is not the right play and you need to adapt your strat.
having Gigni and demoting him can be good too.

People complain about NR "promote", but without promote, NR can't to anything against good deck. Base strength is not high as SKE or monster, not imune to weather, a lot of unit that buff other unit. but against weather or Dbomb, you can't win. now that promote doesnt change the base strength DBomb reduce gold unit to base STR to even with promote, without strat with demote / promote / rez, you can't really win. (i only count as cheese the "the other player passe let me buff to the max and AR a unit too win next round" strat. the other are just clever way of using the tools you got with this faction).

anyway, with D Shackle / chain soon NR will be unplayable at all.

As for "medic chain" with NR, i dont see how you can do that. NR medic rez at random, and cant rez each other. Only card that can is Baron, a gold card that you need to demote if you want to use it more than once a game. and it's not a "chain" as SKE that can, with one card on the last round, rez Sig + 3 medic (possibly buffed) + a 20 more str card of a 9 or 11 str card imune to fog or rain....

Isi23_23;n7178750 said:
Could anybody post decklist for good Radovid control? I tried couple of builds and I was not happy with any of them, both Eithne and Harald control felt much better. I mean it is nice when everything works perfectly and you get Elite + Reinforcment, scorch dragon + sergeant in right moment, then Medic + Promote or Shani and so on. Problem is you play lot of cards that are really situational, medics returns Sergant in bad moment, Elite is pretty bad without reinforcement, you draw Reinforcement or Promotion when you don't need it and so on. Yeah, if I draw all cards in right order, I'm able to beat any other control, but consistency is not there. But maybe I tried wrong builds. So I'm really interested if anybody have build that is consistent and successful on high lvls.

Are you using deck thinners? Take a look at NR thread, i let my build there yesterday, i dont guarantee its the best build of course, it can be fine tuned, but the main idea is there.

cwattyeso;n7181880 said:

Blah that guy isnt even using the right build. He is using some hibrid with foltest + siege tower and djikstra bs...

Laveley;n7182800 said:
Blah that guy isnt even using the right build. He is using some hibrid with foltest + siege tower and djikstra bs...

omg someone not using the best meta deck. it's almost like he's not playing on a ranked ladder. oh wait....

Greenmyst;n7183930 said:
omg someone not using the best meta deck. it's almost like he's not playing on a ranked ladder. oh wait....

???

Do you have something against me mate? Its like the second or third thread you quote me with implying things that i didnt even said...

The other forum user said that the streamer showed how to counter the "Borkh Cheese/Resurrect", all i did was pointing out that what was used wasnt actually the "Borkh Cheese/Resurrect" but rather an hybrid build which happens to include that combo. I never implied it was ranked ladder or that build was bad or whatever.

Lavely whatever you opinion on the deck the guy was running, in that video it highlights that the guy was able to replay that card 4 times in 2 rounds, which I'm sorry is just completely ridiculous. There should be no way to replay an individual card so many times in this game. That's something CD Projekt Red need to hurry up and get fixed. Okay so the video showed this guy has no skill and no knowledge of Gwent because he had nothing in his deck beside his Borkh tactic. There are however many players in the Beta who do have more of an idea how to make a deck work and provide options to back up and support the multiple Borkh resurrection.

cwattyeso;n7187460 said:
which I'm sorry is just completely ridiculous

Why ?
I really doesnt agree with that. And i see no good reason to back that up. if it's really what you want, why also remove all rez card, from NR, SKE, and even caretaker from monster.
i't's as valid as any other strat.

for me the only abuse that was really bad for the game was the one "let's us all my card to overbuff and adrenaline rush and promote in one round to win the next", because like another user explain it, it was against the core logic of the game. (card advantage etc...)
all the other "abuse" or thing people here call abuse, i find them manageable with a balanced deck. In fact i find the SKE last turn 30 point rez more a pain that any off the other thing that people call "cheese", and even so, it's mainly because it's hard to get card advantage on SKE, and even if you had it, they can bring more in one turn than most of other faction.

This never happened to me in game so idk if it's as OP as people make it sound but if CPR decides that it needs nerfed,it sounds like a pretty easy solution to me,make it Fleeting,Relentless like Operator,Johny etc,boom no more Brokh spam.

KaynOfNosgoth;n7188630 said:
This never happened to me in game so idk if it's as OP as people make it sound but if CPR decides that it needs nerfed,it sounds like a pretty easy solution to me,make it Fleeting,Relentless like Operator,Johny etc,boom no more Brokh spam.
Maaaybe this. Because nerfing the card itself, i.e. stats is counterproductive.

muetdhivers;n7188360 said:
Why ?
I really doesnt agree with that. And i see no good reason to back that up. if it's really what you want, why also remove all rez card, from NR, SKE, and even caretaker from monster.
i't's as valid as any other strat.

I don't object to people using Resurrections Strategies as such but I do object to being able to resurrect the same card repeatedly especially after the opponent has destroyed it. I don't mind being able to re-summon cards that were still in play on the board in previous round or that were not discardedn previously. However when the opponent has used Alzur's Thunder to destroy it like in the video, at that point the card should be removed from the game and no longer be summon able or replayable.

cwattyeso;n7189700 said:
I do object to being able to resurrect the same card repeatedly especially after the opponent has destroyed it.

that's the main SKE strategy, get the Skirmicher out, make the opponent kill it, and rez it back stronger.

muetdhivers;n7207030 said:
that's the main SKE strategy, get the Skirmicher out, make the opponent kill it, and rez it back stronger.

That's a bronze card. And not every SKE player uses skirmisher. I haven't used them in age, and don't plan to use them again as they are right now.
No matter what peoples think of the rez Villentretenmerth resurrection strategy, I think the whole idea of comparing resurrecting several time a bronze which just give massive strength if left alone to resurrecting gold cards which can massive kill strong units very unconvincing. BTW if the SK player plays skirmisher and the opponent rez borkh, guess what happens on the last turn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom