Way of the Witcher revealed!

+
Also the Deathblow does make Cantarella a lot more reliable.
Looks like that Guy will finally be playable:cool:
Ofiri Merchant (Kasia Bekus)(1).jpg

For example Deathblow a Vysogota or something of similar value, play Ofiri Merchant followed by Joachim :coolstory:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Definitely dont like that new NG card. NG was alreasy known to be the most removal-heavy faction (or at least before MM, because SK Warriors and ST Natures Gift are also jam-packed full of removal specials)

You already had to play around Joust, Assasinate and Treason, but usually you could play a 5pt engine between two other units and you would feel like it could survive (ofc there was still locks, Yen's Invo, Vincent VM, ...)

Now there's no escape, NG can remove 4, 5 and 6pt (in case its the only unit on a row) for half of a 10 card round... :giveup:

Definitely dont like that new NG card. NG was alreasy known to be the most removal-heavy faction (or at least before MM, because SK Warriors and ST Natures Gift are also jam-packed full of removal specials)

You already had to play around Joust, Assasinate and Treason, but usually you could play a 5pt engine between two other units and you would feel like it could survive (ofc there was still locks, Yen's Invo, Vincent VM, ...)

Now there's no escape, NG can remove 4, 5 and 6pt (in case its the only unit on a row) for half of a 10 card round... :giveup:
Flawlessly said. :giveup:

Well, simply having many bronze removals tactics is probably not a winning strategy. NG is currently worst fraction. So I hope that WotW makes them a bit more competitive.

More cards that fill opponents deck, nice. Combining these with Infiltrators and ways of thinning your own deck for Kolgrim could be a really fun playstyle.
Of course just combining every possible removal option in a Tactics deck is another more annoying way of using it but it's really nothing different than what we're currently seeing with Nature or Crime decks (except no Gord).
I'm not a fan of pure removal decks myself and it's definitely not how I'm planning on using Coated Weapons but I really don't see it being viable at anything other than 5 damage either.
At least it has a more interesting effect than most of these sorts of cards, one that could even backfire if forced to use it on a good card.

Last edited:
[...]
At least it has a more interesting effect than most of these sorts of cards, one that could even backfire if forced to use it on a good card.
Well, like with Viper Witcher you can Cantarella good cards you throw onto your opponent's deck.
Beyond that I think that having removal tools for the "fill your opponent's deck" playstyle, without having to go out of their way, is definitely neat.

Well, like with Viper Witcher you can Cantarella good cards you throw onto your opponent's deck.
Beyond that I think that having removal tools for the "fill your opponent's deck" playstyle, without having to go out of their way, is definitely neat.
True, that's another way of using it! Though it would be a bit anti-synergistic with Kolgrim and using Viper Witcher (*ahem* Kingslayer) to clean up the mess your removal left seems a bit awkward, the Cantarella play could definitely be good.
This is the sort of setup and payoff thing I like in NG, I feel it's been sorely missing from current Gwent.

True, that's another way of using it! Though it would be a bit anti-synergistic with Kolgrim and using Viper Witcher (*ahem* Kingslayer) to clean up the mess your removal left seems a bit awkward, the Cantarella play could definitely be good.
This is the sort of setup and payoff thing I like in NG, I feel it's been sorely missing from current Gwent.
Kingslayer afterwards is a very bad play, in which case even Alzur's Thunder is better removal (solid design in my book, given that Mill already has more than it deserves [although that is >=0]).
Beyond that Coated Weapons banishes the card (if destroyed), so it prevents grave setup for SK and effectively moves their Greatswords from the board to the top of deck, delaying the grave setup considerably and potentially making it quite awkward (it can also deal with units like Detlaff: Higher Vampire).

Beyond that Coated Weapons banishes the card (if destroyed), so it prevents grave setup for SK and effectively moves their Greatswords from the board to the top of deck, delaying the grave setup considerably and potentially making it quite awkward (it can also deal with units like Detlaff: Higher Vampire).

I haven't seen more than one or two people ever play Detlaff without immediately taking advantage of his two resurrections, so I doubt it'll find much use against that specific card. Ruehin, on the other hand, would be a perfect target.

It's certainly an interesting card and one I think NG players will really enjoy. It seems quite balanced and plays well with the strategy of many NG decks.

I haven't seen more than one or two people ever play Detlaff without immediately taking advantage of his two resurrections, so I doubt it'll find much use against that specific card. Ruehin, on the other hand, would be a perfect target.

It's certainly an interesting card and one I think NG players will really enjoy. It seems quite balanced and plays well with the strategy of many NG decks.
I saw some which held 1 charge.
That aside Ruehin is indeed a card that would usually be awkward to answer.
In fact the Deathblow on Coated Weapons allows one to delay a unit by 1 round and as you mentioned this can easily mean that a Round 3 tech gets moved into the nonexistent Round 4 (or it is forced to be the Oneiro/other tutor target, IF the opponent even kept it that long).

Edit: Lore-wise this would make it more of a paralysation poison, taking everything that does not resist it out of the picture for a while.

I am waiting for a ally-poison engine.. something like, at the end of the turn, poison the unit on the right if it is not already poisoned.. That would be coooooool!
[...]
That would be super bad, without going down to 4 cards with Abomination you would always kill an own unit when you pass.

rrc

Forum veteran
That would be super bad, without going down to 4 cards with Abomination you would always kill an own unit when you pass.
I think you missed "poison the unit on the right if it is not already poisoned". So, if the ally is already poisoned, it wont poison. It can enable wretched addict and the two new cards that are shown and I can only hope few more to come which will synergize with self poison..

Top Bottom