What do you NOT want to see in the game?

+
Those open world mandatory boxing mini games...ok for first couple of to,es, but tedious afterwards.

Always seem like a waste of resources that could be better directed elsewhere.

Stuff i Beg Cd Projekt red not to put in the story

first of all let's admire how great cdpr is in story telling
i mean at the end of witcher 3 you find out that Geralt is not the main character, Ciri is,and Geralt is just a supporting character to ciri's adventure on ending the white frost,i mean it's mind blowing!!
and the feeling you get by playing this game... you actually feel ciri is your daughter,i mean i felt it,don't know about you people

But here goes stuff i beg cdpr NOT to put in the story, PLEASE,FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,NO!

evil corporations and a group of small rebels led by j.hammerman,or as be know him,the main character :

a played-out cliche,i mean the idea of a small group fighting the corps is not bad on it's own.it's lame and stupid when our main character leads (or joins) it, it's played out. but the main character fighting that little group is acceptable if is a side event to the main story(that group could be full of good people,or bad people who are trying to destroy the corps,and again,corps are bad too,everyone is bad in this world,no one is the good guy in this story) Examples : have you seen that Crime scene of a movie "Babylon A.D" ? apart from other lame ideas in that movie,the main story was about the main guy joining a group of rebels and Stopping the new Religion (or we can call it a corp)

Good guys and bad Rebels : yep, j.hammer man (i think he is son of the max hammerman) is a cop. a psycho squad of a cop at that. and we know that cops in cybepunk2077 are hierd by corps i don't want to play as a Good cop killing Full cyborg criminals. i mean i want to do that,but not play the entire story doing that. the very idea of me and the government being the good guys killing bad guys makes me wanna Shift + delete the game from my pc

So CDPR, i don't want you to put us in the shoes of the good rebel guys destroying the evil government and corps,and yet at the same time i don't want to be put as the good cop killing bad rebels. i know it's stupid, theses two ideas are foundations of these kind of stories,but what you did to witcher's story (The great Story and the Marvelous character writing for geralt,ciri,vernon roche,etc...) convinces me that you WILL find a new foundation for the story,after all you are CD PROJEKT RED, The best game studio out there.

Last edited:
Blade Runner-like depressed feeling. The one thing I hate about Dystopian Sci Fi is that it's Dystopian. There is utopian Fantasy (LOTR) but no utopian Sci Fi? Everything has to be completely hopeless all the time? If in doubt dear dev, lighten the atmosphere a little bit, we don't need to see Mad Max 24/7. 10% of the time? Ok. 20% of the time? Ok. But no "just kill yourself now" feeling.

i don't want to see clones, please,
in the witcher 3 we see the exact same npc's standing right next to each other! even on cutscenes and npc's that gices quests! the exact same faces!
more variety please

Blade Runner-like depressed feeling. The one thing I hate about Dystopian Sci Fi is that it's Dystopian. There is utopian Fantasy (LOTR) but no utopian Sci Fi? Everything has to be completely hopeless all the time? If in doubt dear dev, lighten the atmosphere a little bit, we don't need to see Mad Max 24/7. 10% of the time? Ok. 20% of the time? Ok. But no "just kill yourself now" feeling.

Sorry but cyberpunk is Dystopian is part of cyberpunk identity

I take it this will be a cyberpunk game with cyberware being a huge part of gameplay but there's still should be a way to complete it as pure human or on upgrades not hampering EMPathy too much. You know, don't hamper the roleplay. Though this doesn't mean the game should not be easy, infact only harder since everyone else is upgraded.

Sorry but cyberpunk is Dystopian is part of cyberpunk identity

No...I don't think it is. You can make it dystopian without making it depressed and nihilistic like Blade Runner with the main antagonist killing his own creator and dying because he was made to be a robot. That's the level of dystopia I was talking about.

I take it this will be a cyberpunk game with cyberware being a huge part of gameplay but there's still should be a way to complete it as pure human or on upgrades not hampering EMPathy too much. You know, don't hamper the roleplay. Though this doesn't mean the game should not be easy, infact only harder since everyone else is upgraded.
While cyberware may have a significant effect of some parts of the game it's not like its a Swiss Army Knife. It will make the character that has it better at something not everything. So non-augmented play should be perfectly viable as it's actually the norm.

While cyberware may have a significant effect of some parts of the game it's not like its a Swiss Army Knife. It will make the character that has it better at something not everything. So non-augmented play should be perfectly viable as it's actually the norm.

From roleplaying perspective, sure...but gameplay? I want this game to be harsh and with player having to use every available resource to succeed, always on the brink of destroying yourself if pushing past your limits (and falling into cyber psychosis( if I got it right?)).
And implants have to be powerful and game changing, instead of +x% bonus to this or that...to "tempt" the player and add more possibilities/fun in gameplay.

They'll have to choose one approach or the other and most players( roleplay through character or through gameplay), in my opinion, would opt for the second.

From roleplaying perspective, sure...but gameplay? I want this game to be harsh and with player having to use every available resource to succeed, always on the brink of destroying yourself if pushing past your limits (and falling into cyber psychosis( if I got it right?)).
And implants have to be powerful and game changing, instead of +x% bonus to this or that...to "tempt" the player and add more possibilities/fun in gameplay.
Read the CP2020 rules, all of them allow you to do something you couldn't do otherwise. But having cyberlegs that allow you to "leap tall buildings in a single bound" and grafted armor that makes you highly bullet resistant does jack for your ability to spot and ambush, hit a target, or pick a lock. Different pieces of cyberware do different things and cyberpsychosis insures you can't do it all.

evil corporations and a group of small rebels
Good guys and bad Rebels

Won't happen. Moral ambiguity is one of their cornerstones. It's also culturally ubiquitous in a country like Poland, with a complex and often difficult history.

What I'm hoping won't be in:
- respawning enemies
- a difficulty "hill" beyond which everything is too easy
- non-useful loot
- my choices about who I am won't matter with respect to the way other people treat me

The last point is new territory for CDPR. In the Witcher games you can only be Geralt, and so everyone treats him a certain way as a result. If I choose to design my own character, the NPCs all have to "play along". This is something that no company has ever really done well, AFAIK. Some have made an effort (Obsidian, Bioware), but it's a major challenge that seems to be "streamlined" out in too many modern titles.

This is something that no company has ever really done well, AFAIK. Some have made an effort (Obsidian, Bioware), but it's a major challenge that seems to be "streamlined" out in too many modern titles.
The famous Dragon's Dogma example - level designers themselves treat player's choice about who they are - there are some passages only available to the dwarves as they are small enough to go through. Something similar but considering the cyberware is a must for CP2077. (I don't believe in CDPR that they'll include a height slider to character creation screen, yet alone play around it)

- No character inconsistencies to create dramatic situations. Best example: The bad guy from the latest X-Men movie - he can turn anyone to dust within less than a second. But when it comes to fighting the "heroes" he suddenly can't do it anymore. In fact he suddenly has no impressive power anymore and one of the "heroes" turns out to be way more powerful - even though the villain was supposed to be the source and he had for ages absorbed the powers of others. In other words: He is actually pretty much unstoppable - but for the sake of the story he conveniently lost his powers. Bye bye consistency!

Same goes for companions or important npcs - if they are capable they shouldn't suddenly do something completely out of character just to have the protagonist save them or to be sacrificed to create some motivation for the protagonist to do stuff.

- Also no "mercy killing". That typical kill this friendly npc now to advance the story (that one character from Borderlands 2 for instance). Of course only so that you "hate" the person responsible (usually the villain). Yeah - no thanks. At the very least such situations should be avoidable.

- I'm generally not a fan of killing of characters without any player interaction. It would be really cool however if for instance some situations occurred based on your own behavior - like if you make it personal and start killing people close to the antagonist he might retaliate in the same way. Thus creating a real vicious cycle of violence. That would add meaningful choice and consequence to the gameplay (yes gameplay - not just to key story moments where you choose via dialog choice).

- A world with over the top action sequences that leave no room for atmosphere. The world should be believable. It should be a place where people live their everyday lives. Not just some action set piece.

- Quicktime events.

- Multiplayer exclusive stories or other essential stuff. The game should offer a complete experience for single players!

Probably a lot more - but these came to my mind first ^^

Top Bottom