What does Fleet Footed actually do?

+
What does Fleet Footed actually do?

The skill reads like at level 5/5, you'll take zero damage (-100% damage) when dodging. However, myself and several other people have noticed this simply not being the case. Is this a case of a bad description, or does the skill just not work at all? Just to avoid the possible silly question, yes we all have it equipped.

See this thread for more details - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/41586-broken-skill

Looks like the skill works in some situations, but not in others. And that makes the ability a waste in my opinion. If you're going to waste 5 ability points on it, AND a slot, I expect invincibility frames for the duration of the dodge (time where Geralt's feet are not touching the ground), regardless of what attack is coming my way.

(Note - I haven't used the skill personally yet.)

luc0s

Forum veteran
This is not 100% related to this topic but this is as good a place as any to ask this:

For abilities to take effect, do I need to put them in a slot? Even non-combat abilities such as Delusion? If I don't put Delusion in a slot, will I not get the extra dialogue options that you get from upgrading Delusion? Or do you always get the extra dialogue options even if you don't put Delusion in a slot?

This is not 100% related to this topic but this is as good a place as any to ask this:

For abilities to take effect, do I need to put them in a slot? Even non-combat abilities such as Delusion? If I don't put Delusion in a slot, will I not get the extra dialogue options that you get from upgrading Delusion? Or do you always get the extra dialogue options even if you don't put Delusion in a slot?

You will need to slot the abilities to see the effect (yes, even Delusion).

You have to slot them to get their effects, yea. Right now, I just reslot delusion anytime I end up in a populated area.

Personally, I'm hoping that with redkit, we'll be able to tweak the system so any ability you place points in will give you at least some of it's effects. I've been making notes during my playthrough of things I want to mess around with, and with some of the bumps in monster strength and overall difficulty, having unslotted abilities give 50 % of their listed value while unslotted, and treating slotted abilities as specializations you choose to focus on, and gain the full benefit of, would work wonders with what I'm planning.

EIDT: That, and I just hate the idea of abilities I've trained having zero benefit. If I've taken the time to fully master swordplay, or the use of Signs, then damnit all, I want the benefits of that training! :p Even if it is less than the full value of a slotted ability.

Here's to hoping tools will become available that will let me do something along these lines. I doubt it, but I remain hopeful.

Last edited:
I really hope we can get additional 4 slots for abilities, they dont need a mutagen but i need 4 more slots.

I have the same issue with Undying skill - I have it equipped, I have 3 Adrinaline points active (red color) and I died a few times - all times restart, not happaned according to skill description.
Totaly broken game!

Any word when this is being fixed?

I know the game has just been released, but releasing it with broken abilities is just plain lazy.

Top Bottom