What game are you currently playing

+
How strong is the connection to Aloy and her story lorewise?
I have talked with her only two short moments so far, but you will definitely meet her. I'm still early in the game, though, so no idea what awaits further ahead. She was in a group with few other people.

As far as I understood from the few articles that I read when they announced the game, you will meet few familiar characters along the way, but they are not playing any major roles in this standalone game. The world is definitely the "Horizon" world and you recognize the loot, tribe names etc, but the story apparently should not be related to main games. I can also be wrong here, since it has been a while since the lats time I read those and thought that I would never actually play the game. But personally I'm not expecting to have "Aloy game" here, or Horizon 3.

Story has never been the key point for me in Horizon games, so I haven't payed that much attention to details in it. It hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been anything super special either. What I mean with this is, that someone more story/character oriented person might find more connections between the stories than I do. The fun for me has been in combat and exploration, as it also seems to be the case with Call of the Mountain. It was still very nice to meet Aloy, though! And can't wait to see which other familiar characters I will meet.

Alrighty :3

my personal guess is it’s around the first game timeline wise since the King and the (S)Carja seem to play a bigger role which belong to the worldmap from Zero Dawn.

Anyways it seems worth playing :3

Just started Diablo IV last night. Will be focusing on that completely now as a certain sports game is off the list...

It's great so far. Chose Necromancer, but am thinking of starting again as a Druid.

Gonna try and get my character as close to Maria from Heilung as I can.

Shaman, chant for us
Shaman, dance with us
Dream and fly for your people
Fly and bleed for your tribe

Just started Diablo IV last night. Will be focusing on that completely now as a certain sports game is off the list...

It's great so far. Chose Necromancer, but am thinking of starting again as a Druid.

Gonna try and get my character as close to Maria from Heilung as I can.

Shaman, chant for us
Shaman, dance with us
Dream and fly for your people
Fly and bleed for your tribe
Havent touched Diablo since D2 but according to several Discord Grps who played EA Cls‘s feel weak and unbalanced? (especially Necro, which seems to be a beloved Cls)

And the story seems boring/slow in the beginning?

On the other hand reviews seem quite good… curious which side to believe : /

Havent touched Diablo since D2 but according to several Discord Grps who played EA Cls‘s feel weak and unbalanced? (especially Necro, which seems to be a beloved Cls)

And the story seems boring/slow in the beginning?

The reviews are quite good because the game is definitely quite good.

It looks greats, plays great and is very stable. Blizzard's most stable launch in decades in fact. Classes are deep enough to allow a huge variety of builds (not that it matters to most people these since most seem to just follow XYZ streamer's build) Story being slow and/or boring is completely wrong in my opinion but that's highly subjective. There is a build up, sure, but throwing everything at you all at once would be poor writing.

I'm genuinely uncertain what CIs means despite playing Diablo and other ARPGs since the very first Diablo but complaining about balance in an ARPG of this size a week after launch is, IMO, absurdly ridiculous. There were 2 patches during EA and one since full launch. Balance will change massively over the next few weeks/months. It's normal and to be expected.

Necros are definitely not weak either. One of the strongest classes currently. Their minions are weaker than people would like them to be but those same people also want to just summon stuff, hang back and be massively powerful. Right now they have to choose between being massively powerful or buffing their summons. Which is how it should be IMO.

Last edited:
I was apprehensive and had the same... curiosity... about D4 but picked it up anyway. So far it seems like a decent enough game.

On the stability/technical side I've had virtually zero issues. The game performance is solid, it's not plagued with bugs/glitches, queue times have been quick, etc. It's surprising how well behaved it's been in those areas for a new game.

The story/writing does feel a little flat at times. In my opinion anyway. Although, writing has never really been the strong suit of Diablo. It's more in the hack and slash area.

I can't provide an informed opinion on class balance since I've only played one class so far (Necro). I haven't hit the higher tier content yet either. I've fiddled with builds and a number of concepts seem like they'd be competitive. The only negative I've seen here is some abilities are kind of meh and others are arguably a little over the top. It's possible that applies at a more global, class level.

Gameplay wise it's.... Diablo. By this I mean it has that Diablo feel to it. Even though the mechanics may be a little different compared to some of the previous games in the series.
Necros are definitely not weak either. One of the strongest classes currently. Their minions are weaker than people would like them to be but those same people also want to just summon stuff, hang back and be massively powerful. Right now they have to choose between being massively powerful or buffing their summons. Which is how it should be IMO.
I figured it was clear from the ability trees and various other areas the summons are kind of a supplement. If memory serves they were always kind of this way in Diablo. So, uh, yeah...

sadly this is true for nearly any rpg or adventure nowadays with char creation or skilltree feature : /

To be clear my issue does not lie with the fact people follow cookie cutter builds. I don't care about that. People can play games however they want if it doesn't affect me. They bought the game, same as I, they can do what they want in their game.

My issue is with the inevitable moment where X popular streamer says Y sucks and everyone following their build immediately jumps on the bandwagon and clamors for changes. Without any thoughts of their own. If X said that, it must be true. Then changes are made for everyone. Which is something only MP games suffer from obviously.

I figured it was clear from the ability trees and various other areas the summons are kind of a supplement. If memory serves they were always kind of this way in Diablo. So, uh, yeah...

Not at all, summons can be your main offensive if you build thing right. The skill tree isn't where you get to actually change that. Paragon trees and items are when a build truly comes into it's own and a purely, face-melting, summoner is very possible but you'll have to sacrifice personal power in favor of your summons being more powerful

The problem is that people tend to want their prefered class to just be awesome at everything and refuse to tolerate having to choose between things to be awesome at. Because of this, some people brand the necro as weak despite the necro having some absolutely OP skills that can clear level 70 dungeons at 55+(if not before).

To be clear my issue does not lie with the fact people follow cookie cutter builds. I don't care about that. People can play games however they want if it doesn't affect me. They bought the game, same as I, they can do what they want in their game.

My issue is with the inevitable moment where X popular streamer says Y sucks and everyone following their build immediately jumps on the bandwagon and clamors for changes. Without any thoughts of their own. If X said that, it must be true. Then changes are made for everyone. Which is something only MP games suffer from obviously.

yeah thats what i meant - same with "ranked builds / cls" videos. its all subjective but often been told and believed without selfexperience

Not at all, summons can be your main offensive if you build thing right. The skill tree isn't where you get to actually change that. Paragon trees and items are when a build truly comes into it's own and a purely, face-melting, summoner is very possible but you'll have to sacrifice personal power in favor of your summons being more powerful

The problem is that people tend to want their prefered class to just be awesome at everything and refuse to tolerate having to choose between things to be awesome at. Because of this, some people brand the necro as weak despite the necro having some absolutely OP skills that can clear level 70 dungeons at 55+(if not before).
By supplement I mean it doesn't appear spamming minions and watching them do all the work is intended design. The Necro class has it's power split between the player skills and the minions. So while you can decide how much of your focus is on minions vs yourself you'd still have to support the minions with a minion heavy setup.

The balance complaints are presumably directed at comparing these options against each other. I could definitely see certain setups being worse vs others. Since, as noted, such disparities pop up in the base skill trees.

Of course, I also get the feeling D4 isn't seen as even close to a finished product by the developers. Stuff is probably going to get tweaked further and further as time passes. Whether that leads to improvement or not remains to be seen (it is Blizzard, after all...).

By supplement I mean it doesn't appear spamming minions and watching them do all the work is intended design.

I understood, but that is literally what it is. These builds are very much designed this way by Blizzard themselves. It's been true since Diablo 2 in fact. The necro essentially gets relegated to a curse casting machine whose sole purpose is summoning minions. It's one way of playing. Boring, IMO, but one way of doing it.

The balance complaints are presumably directed at comparing these options against each other. I could definitely see certain setups being worse vs others. Since, as noted, such disparities pop up in the base skill trees.

Of course, I also get the feeling D4 isn't seen as even close to a finished product by the developers. Stuff is probably going to get tweaked further and further as time passes. Whether that leads to improvement or not remains to be seen (it is Blizzard, after all...).

There is obviously some possibility in builds that are better. That's undeniable. It's a week old, extremely expansive, ARPG. To expect perfect balance or anything close to it this early on would be extremely foolish (yet, many seem to expect it). Summons are definitely the weakest type of builds you can use as a necro because of bosses. Minions will clear the map easily but will utterly fail against bosses. The claim here, and in many other places, is that the necro is weak, not that some parts of the class are unbalanced and that is patently false. Necros are way ahead of druids or barbarians and very comparable to rogues or sorcerers.

Perfect balance is an illusion in this type of game. There will always be builds that are better or worse (overall and/or in parts) than others. What that looks like exactly will probably change more or less with each upcoming patch.

From that perspective, you should play what you enjoy. I assume that obviously too weak or too strong builds will be changed and adjusted by upcoming patches. The D4 state today will look in 1, 3, 6, 12.... Months always look a little different.

Still busy playing Stalker GAMMA, i will start System Shock Remake soon.
I ignored Diablo 4 totally, for that i still have Grim Dawn and the Reign of Terror Mod.

Presently working my way around Citadel Station in the remake of System Shock. Visually it's a massive improvement, however at times the weapons feel a little nerfed compared to the original. Enemies that used to go down with 1 or 2 shots iof the pistol n the 94 version now take 7 or more.

A few new additions such as the vending points, recycling and cargo lift make the maps slightly easier. The levels have some redesigning of sections meaning while they are recognisable and familiar they are still different enough to mean you can not rely on pure memory

Currently playing The Ascent and I really (really) like it. I got it with Game Pass, but I really should have bought it sooner...
Graphics are nice and the soundtrack is awesome. It remind me Ghost In The Shell or Blade Runner (and CP2077) :love:
And then, I'll go for LEGO: Skywalker Saga (Also on Game Pass, so why not^^).

Top Bottom