What I Would Like To See From CDPR

+
Will CDPR make a Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings?

After soaking in 100 over hours and i'm still not finishing the game yet.. This is the best open-world game i've played! The visuals are stunning and you can literally fall in love in every where you go. Sure there are many things CDPR can improved on but the environments, the world, the grass, the sunsets and everything are too gorgeous to look at!. I know CPDR has moved on to Cyberpunk now but i really like CDPR to work on a Lord of the Rings RPG or Game of Thrones.

Or even a Non-Witcher RPG which is by CDPR on their own!

Their next game is cyberpunk 2077 and alot of us are looking forward to that as finally we will have a proper cyberpunk game with all its moral ambiguity.

After soaking in 100 over hours and i'm still not finishing the game yet.. This is the best open-world game i've played! The visuals are stunning and you can literally fall in love in every where you go. Sure there are many things CDPR can improved on but the environments, the world, the grass, the sunsets and everything are too gorgeous to look at!. I know CPDR has moved on to Cyberpunk now but i really like CDPR to work on a Lord of the Rings RPG or Game of Thrones.

I think it would be quite unlikely they could get the rights to work on such projects as GoT or LoTR. But who knows, given the company's recent explosive reputation gain they could always be contracted. Of course, such a proposal could only come from the rights-holders of those specific franchises, and CDPR's artistic license would be highly, highly limited with such an arrangement.

No, CDP should not waste their time and talent with inferior fantasy universes.
Let them craft us some lovely expansions, hopefully more then two, then Cyberpunk, and then perhaps another Witcher.

Since games have/are already being made for LoTR and GOT, I doubt CDPR will be making any.

I'd love to see their treatment of Steven King's Dark Tower series. No other studio could do Roland like CDPR could.

Wait, I thought you hated CDPR with every ounce of your being because the PC 1.07 patch came out a few hours after it hit the consoles? You made about 50 posts in the patch thread stating so. Did you simmer down after you comprehended the fact that the roll out would take up to 24 hours, exactly as Marcin originally stated? LOL.

I'm OK with them making a game in Silmarillion times Middle Earth. But you-know-who will obviously not let them. "Game of Thrones" is a wrong name. It's called "A Song of Ice and Fire" for the reference. And I'm not really interested in that setting. Not a fan of Martin in general.

I'd prefer something either set in the World of Darkness (Vampire the Masquerade settings), or may be a post apocalyptic world, something based on Damnation Alley or the like.

Last edited:
They're making Cyberpunk 2077 after the expansions and that looks like the Cyberpunk game I've wanted all my life. After that though? They haven't said much beyond that they do intend to revisit the franchise at some point. Frankly I hope they do it like Bioware and Bethesda, Cyberpunk/ME/Fallout then Witcher/DA/ES. No idea if they ever plan on making an original IP.

@RepHope: What's ME?

UPDATE: Ah, probably Mass Effect. Never played those games, so acronym isn't on my mind.

---------- Updated at 05:38 PM ----------

By the way, it's a wrong section again. This should go in General or even Community. Why do you folks post everything in TW3 subforum?

How about a non Witcher monster fantasy game set in eastern Europe? Think Victorian ghost stories. Something really dark and twisted, with lots of story branches and slightly more tactical combat than the Witcher. Could deal with human decadence and morality. Also could introduce unusual classes such as explorer, bounty hunter, natural philosopher, person who channels spirits, etc. Or make it classless: an agile linguist who's good with pistols.

Just expand on the Witcher universe rather than making foreign IPs...

I said this somewhere else, but thought it would be cool to do a game like couple thousand years or so prior to the story of Geralt, in a world where monsters were plenty and there were lots of Witchers, though they got paid alot less! haha! (Not sure how far back we'd have to go because the fact Witchers live long lives) Would be really cool to see more monsters and plants since supposedly many became extinct before Geralts story took place. I am not very well educated on the timeline of witcher though haha I often get confused in the lore. But yea, I definately am interested in a game that is Witcher related but doesn't have anything to do with the events of Geralt/Ciri/Yen/ect. Just wanted to comment on your post haha! Thanks for allowing me to do so and I hope you have a very nice day! See you! Byeeeeeeeeee!

-Zero

How about a non Witcher monster fantasy game set in eastern Europe? Think Victorian ghost stories. Something really dark and twisted, with lots of story branches and slightly more tactical combat than the Witcher. Could deal with human decadence and morality. Also could introduce unusual classes such as explorer, bounty hunter, natural philosopher, person who channels spirits, etc. Or make it classless: an agile linguist who's good with pistols.

Something in medieval Prague would be also interesting. I really liked the atmosphere in VtM Redemption during the Prague levels.

A RPG about people arriving in the "new world", or a game about the first contact of Marco Polo and China, the building and politics of Venice, the Ancien Egypt...
There is so many things video games don't care about. TV shows start to care a little bit about history. Video games still have stories for children with swords, magic, robots, dragons, guns and ghosts.

A RPG about people arriving in the "new world", or a game about the first contact of Marco Polo and China, the building and politics of Venice, the Ancien Egypt...
There is so many things video games don't care about. TV shows start to care a little bit about history. Video games still have stories for children with swords, magic, robots, dragons, guns and ghosts.

http://www.gog.com/game/expeditions_conquistador

More of a strategy/RPG hybrid, but the RPG elements are quite good.

A Zombie Open World Game

Hello,

I can’t find any words to describe “The Witcher – Wild Hunt” .. the only thing I can say about this masterpiece is that .. this game is from a different world, I enjoyed every single detail in it, the story, game-play, characters, monsters, the world itself, and most important (THE SOUNDTRACK) !!

CD Projects did kill all the other gaming companies, and put itself in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] position. They can really learn from CD how to build open world games.

Now, with this core and coding CD Projects already have, plus their experience in open world games, CAN YOU CREATE A (ZOMBIE) OPEN WORLD GAME !!

Use the witcher coding, but different story, characters, fighting and surviving style, locations .. imagine how it will be, traveling from a city to city, villages, even countries, interacting with other survivals, completing guests along with the main story.
Weapons and armor, Crafting, medics, survival skills, and every single detail you did put in the witcher game.

I don’t think there will be a better company for such contract :yawn:

what do you think?

Last edited:
Would like to see CGPR develop a new Fantasy RPG outside the Wticher Universe

if they are done with Geralt, I would love to see what else they could come up with. Maybe take on the "Create any character and class you like" direction and blow the other games like that away. Or a full party of characters.

But keep it dark!

Top Bottom