What the actual heck is going on with first round coinflip vs scoiataels?

+
What the actual heck is going on with first round coinflip vs scoiataels?

So, I was playing gwent quite a lot in a past few days and I noticed strange rng in a situation when scoiataels let the coin decide who goes first in the first round. So then, I am starting to count how much times me and my opponent (from scoiatael faction) went first. And guess what? I went first 13 times, and my opponent only twice. So, can someone (preferrably from the devs) clarify, is there a higher chances for non-scoiatael factions to go first at the beginning of the game vs scoiatael? + Does someone of u guys notice the same thing? (lul answers like illuminati confirmed r welcomed too)

Dude scoiatael is having that ability to decide who will play first :)

Every faction is having different different abilities..

NR - 2+ strength for gold cards
Skellige - +1 to bronze cards after every turn
Monster - Keep one random non-gold card on board
Scoiatael - Choose who will play first

Last edited:
Ok, either i misspelled it or u get me wrong. Alright then. I meant that scoias opponent most likely wiil go first at the beginning of the game when scoiataels decides not to choose who should begin the match.

No Title

Someone didnt read the faction abilities...

Attachments

• photo83450.png
    photo83450.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 39
DirkAustin;n7104260 said:
Someone didnt read the faction abilities...
someone prejudge other people without reading their posts.
and by the way, im rank 54 now, so its hard not to notice what faction abilities do, please keep it in mind.

FransisDrake;n7104240 said:
Ok, either i misspelled it or u get me wrong. Alright then. I meant that scoias opponent most likely wiil go first at the beginning of the game when scoiataels decides not to choose who should begin the match.

Are you SURE that they didnt triggered the ability on all those 13 times? Seems to me they did and you might not noticed it. I play scoia and when i ignore the ability pretty frequently i have to go first.

Alright guys, im not blind, im not drunk, im not on drugs, my memory is fine, and hopefully im not stupid. So, back to the topic, i want to listen other non-scoias players, are u expirienced the same thing or not?

It's 50% either way. It may not feel like it, but that's just because we are terrible at accepting random chance in general, especially when it seems like it is going against us. 15 isn't a large enough sample size to conclude anything is going wrong. If you really want to keep it at, come back when you have something like 100 samples. It will give a better idea of what's going on. For now, you are just terribly unlucky :p

paladine_;n7104580 said:
It's 50% either way. It may not feel like it, but that's just because we are terrible at accepting random chance in general, especially when it seems like it is going against us. 15 isn't a large enough sample size to conclude anything is going wrong. If you really want to keep it at, come back when you have something like 100 samples. It will give a better idea of what's going on. For now, you are just terribly unlucky :p
Ok, i agree, the sample is small, and of course its all subjective, but i began to count only when i start to notice that kind of thing, so real proportion is even bigger i think. Btw can u write your level and your favourite faction please.

I'm lvl 31 and I haven't played anything other than Scoia since lvl 3. I am very sure the random coinflip is still random, even against us. Sometimes I don't have to start 10 games in a row, and the next day it's the other way around. That's the thing with random chance mate, it's random.

Leij;n7107000 said:
I'm lvl 31 and I haven't played anything other than Scoia since lvl 3.

Just curious - I also play Scoia - as an experienced player, how do you use your ability? I always make my opponent go first.

TH3WITCH3R;n7104140 said:
Skellige - +1 to bronze cards after every turn

Even though I'm over level 40 in the beta, I'm not really sure :D But I think, that it's also working on silver cards, since my cow always gets buffed to 2/3,too ;-)

lowbatterygirl;n7107020 said:
Just curious - I also play Scoia - as an experienced player, how do you use your ability? I always make my opponent go first.

I used to do that too but it turns out you should ignore your ability for the first round, that way you have 50% chance that you don't have to start at all.

So the first round is 50/50, but after that if you've won the first round you let your opponent go first, if you lost you ignore it again and use it for the last round.

Hope this helps!

Leij;n7107050 said:
that too but it turns out you should ignore your ability for the first round, that way you have 50% chance that you don't have to start at all.
So the first round is 50/50, but after that if you've won the first round you let your opponent go first, if you lost you ignore it again and use it for the last round.
Hope this helps!

Cool! Thank you! ♥

lowbatterygirl;n7107070 said:
Cool! Thank you! ♥

Anytime! Not many people seem to play green so I don't mind helping out my fellow Scoias :) My username is Leij, feel free to add me. I could use some more Gwent friends to play casual matches with

Lvl 70 by playing almost exclusively Scoia here.

That coin's probability is definitely about 50:50.

(Wish it were rigged in our favour, like the OP suggests, but no evidence for that in all these matches.)

ok, looks like all respectable scoia players bothered to wrote something here, but im curious about their opponents expirience.

Pawel1995;n7107030 said:
Even though I'm over level 40 in the beta, I'm not really sure :D But I think, that it's also working on silver cards, since my cow always gets buffed to 2/3,too ;-)

Ya sorry... little confuse at the time of posting that post :)

Last edited:
FransisDrake;n7104240 said:

Ok so you are saying if Sco. choose ignore option then most of the times Sco. is getting 1st turn? Sorry for previous post as I read but I really don't understand what you want to say there.

FransisDrake;n7104660 said:
Ok, i agree, the sample is small, and of course its all subjective, but i began to count only when i start to notice that kind of thing, so real proportion is even bigger i think. Btw can u write your level and your favourite faction please.

I did the same thing a while back for Overwatch. I felt it was only giving me certain maps, so I started keeping track of which maps I got. In the end it turned out it was all in my mind an I was in fact getting the other maps in an equal amount. In any case, it helps seeing the numbers for yourself :)
Im around lvl 25 I think. I'm still undecided between Skellige and Scoiatel at the moment, though I do play more Skellige.

Top Bottom