What the next CDPR game needs is...

+
"What the next CDPR game needs is..."
Johnny Swagmonic.

Lights are too bright and wheres the bar?

Sorry sir, we only serves those kinds of bar.

Last edited:
If I remember right, CDPR have said that they had two major projects, (The Witcher and Cyberpunk,) and two minor ones, (undisclosed,) that were being worked on about 2 years ago. I'm sure they have something in the pipe already as a goal for when they finish up 2077.

The minor ones are expansions to TW3. They are pretty much disclosed at this point.

... what I'd really like to see is more mature content for adult gamers in Cyberpunk 2077. We grew up with this stuff. DO NOT make it a kiddy game plz.

One would think that in this day and age when violence and boobs (and violent boobs) are hardly considered "mature" in other ways than the sensibility of "not recommended for kids to see", mature would mean adult and complex handling of adult and complex topics. More deep rooted and multileveled, and unpandering (neutral, in other words), exploration of both difficult and mundane subjects within the terms of the given fiction.

But of course that's just my idea. :p

Last edited:
What next CDPR RPG needs, is a 10 fold... no, scratch that... 100 fold stronger character system. Dungeons I don't really care about. There will probably be all sorts of office and apartment buildings to peek at, and that's frankly enough for me. Too many RPG's are about dungeon delving. It's an old trope and a welcome one in certain settings, but it'd only be refreshing to have a game that had none.

I couldn't agree more. This is the heart of every good Rpg and more important then shallow dungeouns like skyrim most of the time had or romances. Even though CDPR tackled the romance parts pretty good it's not that important, for me at least. Yeah, it's fun exploring a handful of dungeons but after a while you realise they all end up very generic.

The Game needs good and fun fundamentals skills/gameplay wise, which can carry the game and stay fun till the end. Thats not achieved through streamlining, especially not in Rpgs. AAA Rpgs are drifting away from rpg elements, because of the mainstream market. Be bold CDPR, do the opposite. Afterall you guys say you are rebels right?

Maybe a reasonable middle ground in , there are some classes who could be pretty straightforward, but let there be classes which are more complex and have deeper roots Rpg wise. Thats of course if they stick with (you can choose between different classes) and i hope they still do.

Last edited:
I agree, a strong RPG element is what the next CDPR game needs. One where you can choose your character, not just class and gender, but also to a degree the personality. Do you solve disputes with the gun or do you talk your way out? Are a you science geek or a technophobe? Are you a nice guy or a hard ass?

So many RPGs seem to think it all about experience, exploration, combat and levelling up. But a real Role Playing Game is just that, a game that lets you play role. This means freedom in creating your character, not just looks but also skills, as well as the freedom to make choices in the game that will effect you later on. Basically the freedom to play that character as you see fit, combat oriented, non-combat oriented, nice, mean, however you want.

Modern RPGs don't get that, they just assign you a charatcer and tell you to go fight someone and level up. A prime example is Fallout 4 where you play GI Joe (or his wife) who is out looking for his/her lost boy. You do not get the ability to solve problems in a non-combat manner, and you cannot even be mean. You are assigned the role of "concerned parent" and every dialouge choice you are given is pigeon holed into that role.

As I like to tell people, the main difference between an RPG and other games is that in an RPG you play the character you choose to play as opposed to playing the character that is assigned to you.

I do like playing through decent RPG's a few times to see the effects of different attitudes on the gameplay. I usually play goody-goody first time round, or at least neutral. (This is often overridden if the opportunity to be a greedy capitalist without being a complete douche is available.) I then play a complete asshole - pure mean, rude and selfish. At least once I will play a paragon of nice.

Having those options is a must.

what the next cdprr game need is no downgrade

if the pc version shares the same build with consoles that is imposible

what cd projekt red needs is go full honest about the game ,dont use sharpness filter, dont use anything to "up" the graphics show the game with consoles specs
for the graphic departament im keeping this game bar low after seeing the witcher 3

so dont expected a rise in graphics form he withcer 3

Last edited:
If it's going to be a fairly large open world the graphics can't be that detailed, especially if it's designed to run on consoles. You only have so much processing and graphics power to work with. You can have big or you can have detailed, you can't have both.

I not a techie, but I'd suppose they could increase the visual fidelity if they went with smaller indiviual areas than don't need to concern loading a reachable horizon.

Big sandboxes have started losing their "wow" factor anyway.

A safe house...a place that we can call our own,customize to a certain extent and that will serve as some sort of hub for our main character.

Last edited:
If it's going to be a fairly large open world the graphics can't be that detailed, especially if it's designed to run on consoles. You only have so much processing and graphics power to work with. You can have big or you can have detailed, you can't have both.

if it mostly takes place in the city then it's not that big of a problem, since the buildings hide a lot and you don't have to render as much. the consoles can render great corridors, it's big open spaces than bring them to their knees.

Top Bottom