What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
Generally, I despise the idea of a dodge roll vs firearms in PnP. It's dumb. I always liked that 2020 dumped that 2013 rule. Even when 2020 added in a piece of cyber that gave you a chance of dodge vs smartguns, I sneered.

This is one of those videogame differences I'd like to see though. As you know, Wisdom, when the target's REF gets crazy high, there are more negatives to you. Hitting a moving target with Ref >12 is waaay not easy. In PnP, that's simulated by negatives to the shooter's skill.

But that's boring from a PC perspective, especially since the NPCs skill levels are going to be determined by so many invisible things, it's quite likely you'll never appreciate that extra -5 to hit your REF 15 character. My Solo has always been moving so quick it was a pain to track him, but previously that was rendered only by dry skill chance.

But if you have a chance to actually GTFO of that bullet's path, in-game-simulation, now , THAT is fun.

Thought we were under slow motion or something, but i count tumbling to be related to melee/third person stuff. I don't remember the last time i played a melee combat game without some kind of dodge

Hrm. Anyone know offhand whether Borderlands uses the hitscan model or not?

Been playing a lot recently; one thing I really like about the projectile mechanics is that for targets at long range, you have to account for the bullet leaving Point A (the barrel) and arriving at Point B (where you hope your target will be.)

I hope that CDPR can include this in-game.

Borderlands, Google tells me, is not hitscan. BL2, I dunno. You playing 1 or 2?

I like bullet drop. Also windage. FOR EXAMPLE: a 55gr 5.56 rnd in a rifle ZEROED to 100 yds will see drop of 1.6 inches at 200 yards. Not a lot. But when you are shooting for 400 or 800 yards, yeah. That counts.

Borderlands, Google tells me, is not hitscan. BL2, I dunno. You playing 1 or 2?
Still playing the hell out of 1. Got the DLC for my birthday.

Back in September. Which should indicate how much I'm STILL playing Borderlands 1.

I like bullet drop. Also windage. FOR EXAMPLE: a 55gr 5.56 rnd in a rifle ZEROED to 100 yds will see drop of 1.6 inches at 200 yards. Not a lot. But when you are shooting for 400 or 800 yards, yeah. That counts.
Hrm... while I think it'd be awesomesauce to include mechanics like this in game, I'm not aware of any games currently on the market that have bullet mechanics this detailed (first or third person.)

Jesus, man. We played it for a few weeks, finished it and moved on. What's wrong with you? It's the drugs, isn't it? You can tell us.

I think ArmA has bullet mechanics that detailed.

I'd like to see more weapons dedicated to hand-to-hand combat. For example, MMA gloves, metal gauntlets, brass knuckles, etc... Also, if small knives like switch blades are used, I think they should be deadly when cutting a throat or doing a gut stab. Piano wire would also be a welcome addition.

I'd like to see more weapons dedicated to hand-to-hand combat. For example, MMA gloves, metal gauntlets, brass knuckles, etc... Also, if small knives like switch blades are used, I think they should be deadly when cutting a throat or doing a gut stab. Piano wire would also be a welcome addition.

No piano wires for you, there are only casiotones in this dark future. How would you justify buying piano wires in a future like that?

Monowire! So many fun uses.

I would like guns that look and act like real guns. At first anyway, after you customize a weapon it can look like anything, for a price.

Monowire! So many fun uses.

I would like guns that look and act like real guns. At first anyway, after you customize a weapon it can look like anything, for a price.

yea, weapons in sci fi games tend to look like toys. The link in the first page is promising, though

Hrm... while I think it'd be awesomesauce to include mechanics like this in game, I'm not aware of any games currently on the market that have bullet mechanics this detailed (first or third person.)

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 and basically all other CryEngine 3 based games (if it's not diabled by the devs... I know for a fact most don't even diable TP. Press F1 for TP and removal of crosshair. Works in any CryEngine game, by the way).

Also, BFBC2 and BF3. I don't think they account for wind speed, though. Just bullet drop.

How are you playing Borderlands 1? The PC port is absolutely horrible. It forgets your graphics settings all the time and has an FOV of only 60. Add to that that the weapons are horrible to shoot with and the quests are mostly plain annoying. Played the hell out of 2 though. Got several times up to the first contructor, then gave up again until the next sys reinstall (yes I reinstall the system every 1 or 2 months).

How are you playing Borderlands 1? The PC port is absolutely horrible.
Console. ;-)

Hrm. Wasn't aware of the bullet modeling in the BF series, though I'm generally not much of an FPS gamer.

Borderlands plays up enough to my love of sci-fi to keep me engaged. Most "contemporary setting" FPS games don't really do anything for me, though. I mean, I'll do a LAN party if one of the guys is hosting something, but I don't personally own any FPS with a contemporary setting.

I just don't want anything stupid, goofy or plain unbelievable...

The weapons have to be plausible at the very least they have to make sense... don't give me a double barrelled sawn off shotgun that somehow holds 8 rounds. Don't give me a semi-auto 12mm handgun that looks like a walther ppk yet holds ten round.

Don't give me commonplace lasers, or double barrelled hand held machine guns.... keep it plausible, keep it within sight of today...

Console. ;-)

Hrm. Wasn't aware of the bullet modeling in the BF series, though I'm generally not much of an FPS gamer.

Borderlands plays up enough to my love of sci-fi to keep me engaged. Most "contemporary setting" FPS games don't really do anything for me, though. I mean, I'll do a LAN party if one of the guys is hosting something, but I don't personally own any FPS with a contemporary setting.

Fucking Borderlands.... no game has ever fucked with my OCD harder than that game..... millions of guns, not a single one is identical, and the stats make pretty much no sense to me at all half the time....

Also, everyone describes it as a mad max/ post apocalypse setting... but it's really not... what it is is a video game version of the 90's movie Space Hunter... with a very young Molly Ringwald... With maybe a bit of Metalstorm: The Destruction Of Jared Synn thrown in for flavor...

Fucking Borderlands.... no game has ever fucked with my OCD harder than that game..... millions of guns, not a single one is identical, and the stats make pretty much no sense to me at all half the time....
*LAUGHS!!* XD

Yeah; I can see how that'd trigger one's OCD, big time. As I understand it, every time a weapons spawns, there's a number of tables it checks against, to see what range of attributes it can have (sight / no sight, magazine size, rate of fire, damage, etc.)

*LAUGHS!!* XD

Yeah; I can see how that'd trigger one's OCD, big time. As I understand it, every time a weapons spawns, there's a number of tables it checks against, to see what range of attributes it can have (sight / no sight, magazine size, rate of fire, damage, etc.)

Dude... I just replayed through sleeping dogs, just to buy the clothes, and open the lock boxes, so my wardrobe will appear in the exact order I want it...

I did the same with vehicles, but the game fucked me completely, the first time I entered a race it re-arranged my whole goddamn garage...

Goodamn it game developers, is it really that hard, thqat much trouble, to give us a goddamn tool that will let us organize our garages and other items...

Granted that would cut about half my game play down.... but what fucks you up every single fucking time is the DLC items.... fuck fuck fuckity shit...

I never noticed the order. At all.

What annoyed me was a) the parkour was all QTE-timed-button-press shite, ( ironic for a sport named "free-running") and b) when I picked a car colour, they reset it. Nurgle!

Top Bottom