What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
Nothing in particular, so long as the weapon makes reasonable sense. No cannons that magically fold down to the size of your thumb, no 15 foot long swords, etc... I'm going to do as little combat as possible anyways

One thing W3 was mercifully free of was "anime weapons" (the 15 foot sword mentioned above) so I'll assume CP2077's weapons will be realistically proportioned at least.

Snowflakez;n10468092 said:
Hello again.

And yes, that sounds fantastic to me. Some sort of polearm-y weapon in general would be right up my alley.

Hello! (And, Happy Birthday! Just in case I missed it.)

I do hope some of the weapons surprise. I'm not really sure what scope constitutes "canon" in Cyberpunk, but I think that some liberty could be taken since it's dating from the 1980's. I'd love a wide range of melee options as well as firearms. The arm-blades in the trailer seem to hint at that. Like maybe a long knife with a blade on either end, and my wrist is augmented to spin like a cuisinart. Or a multi-pronged whip made of reinforced steel, but I can use an implant to create magnetic fields and control each prong individually and precisely. Or a baton that works similar to a shake-flashlight: as I swing it around, it builds up a charge. After a certain number of attacks, I can release a powerful shotgun-blast of energy. Or a kukri that includes minor avionic nanobots: I can use it like a knife, or I can throw it like a boomerang and it will track my target.

Suhiira;n10476422 said:
One thing W3 was mercifully free of was "anime weapons" (the 15 foot sword mentioned above) so I'll assume CP2077's weapons will be realistically proportioned at least.

I hope so. While I've gotten used to it over time (and I can't imagine FF7 any other way), I really dislike intentionally oversized weapons. I think my biggest disappointment was DA: Inquisition. I was just, like, why??? Such an intricately designed world...and the weapons (especially some of the staffs and hammers) just look silly.

SigilFey;n10477052 said:
Hello! (And, Happy Birthday! Just in case I missed it.)

I do hope some of the weapons surprise. I'm not really sure what scope constitutes "canon" in Cyberpunk, but I think that some liberty could be taken since it's dating from the 1980's. I'd love a wide range of melee options as well as firearms. The arm-blades in the trailer seem to hint at that. Like maybe a long knife with a blade on either end, and my wrist is augmented to spin like a cuisinart. Or a multi-pronged whip made of reinforced steel, but I can use an implant to create magnetic fields and control each prong individually and precisely. Or a baton that works similar to a shake-flashlight: as I swing it around, it builds up a charge. After a certain number of attacks, I can release a powerful shotgun-blast of energy. Or a kukri that includes minor avionic nanobots: I can use it like a knife, or I can throw it like a boomerang and it will track my target.

I hope so. While I've gotten used to it over time (and I can't imagine FF7 any other way), I really dislike intentionally oversized weapons. I think my biggest disappointment was DA: Inquisition. I was just, like, why??? Such an intricately designed world...and the weapons (especially some of the staffs and hammers) just look silly.

Hey, thanks! Yeah, my birthday was on the 28th, so pretty close!

It's been 57 years since 2020, so there's definitely lots of room for creativity and new technologies to make their way into the player's arsenal. No reason I can think of to limit things too much.

That multi-pronged whip idea actually reminds me of another weapon I'd like to see. In Neuromancer, the main character Chase gets a hold of a fancy weapon that comes in the form of a small tube. It can extend into a whip, if I'm remembering correctly - and a pretty nasty one, at that.

I'd like to see a lot of extendable weapons, weapons that conceal dangers you can't see on the surface.

Since it's been awhile,

I'd like to see Loose Change/Bolts/Screws/Pellets/Bearings/PocketSand/[Contents of a pocket] as a feasible option as a weapon. Just get mad and start a fight with a handful of whatever you've got at hand.

That and acoustic based anything. Pocket LRAD if you will.

To quote Sard from when this thread was initially made about the topic of the thread...

Sardukhar;n1279147 said:
All of them.
You read me. ALL of THEM. From the Tomcat bow to the hilariously-named Militech Antimatter Rifle, ( because you can...?)
Also every piece of gear from the main book and all the Chrome books, Interface, you name it. EVERYthing. Even if it's just throwaway. Because it's all so damned cool.

Top Bottom