What would Fix the game for you?

+
For me

1. All the door opened (with substantial content), so i can loose myself in the city (i really dont care about the end)
  2. Better NPC AI
  3. better NCPD AI with a good wanted system
  4. Costumize V apparence on every aspect
  5. Costumization (on every aspect) cars and motorcicle
  6. Costumizable dress (in all aspect)
  7. More cyberware (golden skin and so on)
  8. I dont care about companion, a lonewolf is perfect for a cyberpunk settings (i dont need a waifu)
  9. Life Path should matter
  10. A faction system so i can annihilate them all :D
  11. optionally some prize search (like vynil) so i can explore every corner of the mnap

Last edited:
In short, they just need to get the game closer to what they marketed.

I'll just leave 3 of their marketing material here. Once they can produce the same amount of quality they put in the story elements(some side gigs/quests are good) throughout the entire game, it'll be closer to being fixed.
The thing is with GTA 5 comparisons, people pretend or act like people want it to be exactly like GTA 5(one example is on this very page I'm posting on unless this made a new page then the one previously). When people show comparisons...

It shows attention to detail, logic, and/or common sense. As well as care/love put into the open world in terms of interactivity. Cyberpunk 2077 at the moment is 2 games in one, because the story elements, whether it be good or bad in your opinion, has all the quality, whereas as soon as you get off the rails that they tried to designed purposefully for you to not get off of(it's why you can't turn off objectives), ONCE you get off the rails you'll see the quality drop drastically, I'm also not using hyperbole.

Also whatever version of Cyberpunk 2077 they let these IGN journalist play.
Because this is a totally different experience than the released product.

It's just a fact, my favorite analogy is, people love and can enjoy McDonalds, doesn't mean the food is great, now unlike McDonalds, this game can be a [factually] great game given the proper care moving forward. If they assert the same effort they put into the City, story, marketing, and photo mode into the rest of their game then they can have a great game. The one they marketed at least.

So to summarize (this the most accurate review to date), just produce more quality experience outside of the story, simple things like just sitting down, actual NPC AI, police chase system, style that matters, small things add up, better driving, I mean I know it'll take time, but I do know it's possible, because if you can look at a game where V sleeps on his/her bed incorrectly, then proceed to release the game anyways...anything is possible.

Again I don't want a GTA 6 from them, just an overall quality experience, not illusions or me ignoring the glaring flaws the game has.

Last edited:
1. Fix some glitches with sound of vechiles around the streets and bridges. It's just a random loud noise at the places, where is no any vechile. Realy painful for my ears.
2. AI. Sometimes its realy stupid. Enemies sees you when you hide at the wall, or cops do agro when you kill tiger claw member. Pedestrians just jumps under your wheels or scream and panic, when you just sit on your bike. (and if this sees cop, he do aggro on you and give you order).
3. some visual bugs with clothes in photo mode. photomode_27122020_182327.png Like holes in cloth (at the knees, and back).
4. Add more poses to photo mode. Like with mantis blades and another weapons and imlants. I see, that photomode use another model of character (like mirror to) and some clothes cuts their sleeves for FP viev, so i think, it's possible to do for Photomode.

It's hard to say. I mean I expected a whole lot more, honestly. I can deal with the bugs, even the lousy AI but meh.. so little content. Where's my corp run pathway? My nomad smuggler path? I honestly expected to be able to join A LOT of the powerful factions and work with them / for them to find a cure out of my situation.

They did nail the gameplay, the world building.. they just needed 1-2 more years to add the actual content in. Right now it feels like the game only really has the "street kid" segment of the game.

I just want to deep dive into a living cyberpunk world not just run from one map marker to another... the 48 minutes gameplay from 2018 looked like this - weapon and armor stats we're shown on them instead going to inventory some cutscene were in 3rd person that looked really nice... probably the game was not revolved around silverhand that much which would also be better

1. Walking toggle for keyboard
2. Flashlight or some other light source. Some maps get really dark and we have no light.
View attachment 11099396
3. Allow us to set the "use" buttonbind. (default F which cannot be changed)

4. Add mantis blades to the photomode

5. Allow us to adjust the radio/TV volume and amp up the music in nightclubs. (Totentanz is too quiet)

6. Increase the minimap scale when driving, so we can see in advance when the navigator directs us to turn. Currently I am frequently driving past forks on the road because I am traveling at high speed and the minimap simply doesnt show far enough.
Just a friendly bump. ;)
1. Walking toggle for keyboard
2. Flashlight or some other light source. Some maps get really dark and we have no light.
View attachment 11099396
3. Allow us to set the "use" buttonbind. (default F which cannot be changed)

4. Add mantis blades to the photomode

5. Allow us to adjust the radio/TV volume and amp up the music in nightclubs. (Totentanz is too quiet)

6. Increase the minimap scale when driving, so we can see in advance when the navigator directs us to turn. Currently I am frequently driving past forks on the road because I am traveling at high speed and the minimap simply doesnt show far enough.
I agree with all the points you've mentioned. About the Mantis Blades being in a shot, you can only do it in 1st person view in photo mode. Thus, it is a bit of a bummer when you can't do it in Drone. Flashlight or SOMETHING light would be a reheally nice addition. And more open doors instead of so many Locked ones. I love to explore by nature in games such as this. :)

Fixing the bugs, glitches, dumb civilians and even dumber enemies, along with all the other unpleasantries (boat-cars, environment that flatlines you randomly, exploding stuff, cars falling from the sky or disappearing right in front of your eyes) - all of these would barely bring it up to par with Division 2.

Crafting is a joke - a really bad one at that too (with unbalanced component requirements and punishing mechanics). All pontentially side activities are quest related. All partners are only there for your quests - hell, you don't even have a bloody pet! Shops sell shit and their 24h restock just breaks the immersion - seeing how you're always against the clock.

Fixers introduction and long term effect of working with them both suck, gig spamming sucks, car sales aren't quests, gangs aren't anywhere, cops are cheaters, half the city is "locked", love interests and friends permanently ghost you after you complete their story arcs.

Fixing all of the above could improve the game.

Fixing the game however is impossible for me - simply because what started out as the best rpg of all times turned into an empty shell, akin to Fallout 76 but with better environment. Main story is chopped to bits and than reassembled with the lights out and the choices you have prove to have no weight in 90% of the situations (I mean, hell! you can just skip almost all timed convo choice and nothing will change, afk almost all timed action choices and nothing will be any different). And don't get me started on cutscenes! The intro's amazing, but aside from it, you only get to see another cutscene if you land on one of the two dumbest endings written for this game. The story's barebones. The skill trees are having gazillion options out of them some make absolutely no sense in the current iteration of the game (who's adventuring under-fuckin-water? are there some ghosts in the flooded village that will spot you and off you or something?)

I don't know how much time and effort would be required to bring back the vision CDPR had when they were talking about meaningful choices, lifepaths and gangs, but it's borderline unrealistic to hope they'd be able to do it now.
Post automatically merged:

It's hard to say. I mean I expected a whole lot more, honestly. I can deal with the bugs, even the lousy AI but meh.. so little content. Where's my corp run pathway? My nomad smuggler path? I honestly expected to be able to join A LOT of the powerful factions and work with them / for them to find a cure out of my situation.

They did nail the gameplay, the world building.. they just needed 1-2 more years to add the actual content in. Right now it feels like the game only really has the "street kid" segment of the game.

On the 3rd playthrough I wanted to just explore the city, ignoring any and all gigs and side tasks. It was then that Reggie's calls became a nuisance and that I got a very claustrophobic sensation caused by all the locked doors (even where the neon sign was claiming to be "Open"), all the stalls than don't sell you shit, all the people that don't interact with you in any way, all the rails you can't lean on (even if the animation's there from the quests), the chairs and benches you can't sit on. The trash that you collect in Act One that really can't qualify as loot no matter how hard you try (I mean, wtf?! you're looting a Militech case for a pair of pliers worth 3 eddies?).

I decided to not avoid Dex's invite and I got a bit disgruntled by the convo (seeing how everything and anything is a prototype - for some reason - even if, apparently, the spider bot wasn't, initially, making Meredith's "meh! probably fell off the truck..." reaction more plausible.

The gameplay is good, even if unbalanced to hell - even more so with the dumb-as-a-shoe AI of your opponents. I punched Adam to bits in 20 seconds on my first playthrough, whereas I've spent a lot more time (maybe 2-3 minutes) shooting the life out of him in the next 2 meetings. Perks aren't all that enticing, some useless, some crazy-strong.

Having the crafting tied to an attribute pretty much wrecks your build variety if you like crafting (even if, say, you aren't planning on using anything from engineering at all). But then, if we're sticking to CP rulebook, we're finding more fuckups. Devs designed our characters as solos (seeing how we aren't allowed to have any companion at all), but the stats we're given are more of a below average street punk. Further more, the crafting output is reminding me too much of an mmo with the amount of rng in it. No one's crazy enough to craft 10 legendary Johnny's pants in the hopes of getting the max number of sockets, right? So it's just a time-waste of constantly reloading the game upon each failed attempt (I'm downright ignoring the fact that the armor value is also rng, along with other stats and potential mods).

The world building is good. Great even. If we ignore the vanishing cars, monorails, pedestrians, everything. If we ignore the invisible walls that are quite often found in various places and, of course, if we ignore all the places that are there for decoration - from stalls to shops to bars and so on.

CP2077 is very good example on false advertisement and it's baffling as such. They saw the shitshow the followed the launch of so many games lately (from No Man's to FO76 and Anthem) and what did they think?! "Pffft! Hold my beer!"? But yeah, maybe 2 more years in the oven would've been able to offer us the game they were showing off with in all them trailers and Night City Wire editions...

Last edited:
Crafting is a joke - a really bad one at that too (with unbalanced component requirements and punishing mechanics). All pontentially side activities are quest related. All partners are only there for your quests - hell, you don't even have a bloody pet! Shops sell shit and their 24h restock just breaks the immersion - seeing how you're always against the clock.

Crafting is the boring same thing that it is in other games.... Nothing new or exceptional in that regard.

What I wish to draw attention to is the reasons behind it. I feel it mainly exists to add extra work and tasks for the player simply for the purpose of adding game time. Not because crafting is "fun to do". It exists to waste our time, and it has its solid foundation on the leveling system, without which there would be no need for crafting at all.

I strongly oppose this sort of time-wasting game mechanics which take away something we like (clothes and cool weapons) and give them back only after we have wasted time collecting junk and upgrading them with crafting.

Of course, your mileage may vary and there may be people who enjoy fiddling with junk, but for me personally it is a symptom of poor and antiquated game design.

ps. Fun fact: the current system makes "rare" items more desirable than "legendary" items, simply because upgrading rare items takes less components and thus is easier to maintain. Yet the stats are irrelevant due to the way leveling works. A higher lvl poor quality item is easily better than a lower lvl legendary. Yet I remember developers defending the system because legendary weapons had some unique (false advertising) perk that made them different from normal weapons... Guess what, you can add mods to your weapons which takes away the whole argument.

Last edited:
Crafting is the boring same thing that it is in other games.... Nothing new or exceptional in that regard.

What I wish to draw attention to is the reasons behind it. I feel it mainly exists to add extra work and tasks for the player simply for the purpose of adding game time. Not because crafting is "fun to do". It exists to waste our time, and it has its solid foundation on the leveling system, without which there would be no need for crafting at all.

I strongly oppose this sort of time-wasting game mechanics which take away something we like (clothes and cool weapons) and give them back only after we have wasted time collecting junk and upgrading them with crafting.

Of course, your mileage may vary and there may be people who enjoy fiddling with junk, but for me personally it is a symptom of poor and antiquated game design.

ps. Fun fact: the current system makes "rare" items more desirable than "legendary" items, simply because upgrading rare items takes less components and thus is easier to maintain. Yet the stats are irrelevant due to the way leveling works. A higher lvl poor quality item is easily better than a lower lvl legendary. Yet I remember developers defending the system because legendary weapons had some unique (false advertising) perk that made them different from normal weapons... Guess what, you can add mods to your weapons which takes away the whole argument.
I agree with you. Crafting legendary items is fun because it reminds me a bit like dark souls. Farming in one area until you get the drops. I farm legendary components in the parking lot area of the Kiroshi Optics corporate building. I wish there was crafting in bulk. I just want my biker gang battles on the street, hiring npc characters in the afterlife for sidemissions and patroling gangs on bikes.

I enjoy crafting in games. Some mmo's I played kept me busy because of it. However here... Well, mostly the numbers are wrong aaaand legendary/iconic items are also wrong. An iconic, at least, should come with preset stats, max sockets at legendary quality and nothing left to chance. Rest of them, meh! let's say it's okay to add some rng to the mix.

My biggest gripe is that it's tied to an attribute, meaning, if I wanna play with legendary iconic weaponry, I have to sacrifice something - either my skull-sponge or my muscles. And not because I care about any other perks in the Tech tree, but just because of how crafting's tied into it. And I have to reiterate: techies make a fuckton more sense if you're having one in the team to craft gear for everybody, repair gear, etc. But as a solo?! Ugh! But a lame solo at that though, seeing how we scored below average on all 5 rolls for our stats :)) The ability to craft multiple components at once would streamline the process, but it wouldn't fix the mechanic as it is.

Also, yeah, the fact that I have to farm the mats like in an mmo... I dunno. Doesn't feel right. But then again, it fits with how the skills are progressing too, so it ain't a biggie - if I wanna max out the ones I plan to use, I'll end up with enough mats to craft. Still a broken system, seeing how, doing all the content in the game and a lot of extra stars along the way wasn't enough to max Cold Blood, Tech or Stealth.

It would be nice to be able to play the game AT ALL. I just bought it and in the first scene I'm sitting in a car and the bushes all over the entire map cut through to the foreground so I can't see anything at all. It's a graphical glitch that happened directly after character creation so I can't even start. That's certainly fix the game for me.

Nothing could fix this game for me. My biggest problem are neither the bugs, nor the missing features. It is the disconnection of story and gameplay. Why are there so many side missions when V has actually not time for them? It's either the worng story for a game like this or the other way around. It just doesn't fit. Biggest immersion breaker!
The reveal of V's condition comes way too early. V is just wasting time by doing any of the side activities.

The story itself is good. I like it. But plots like this don't work for me in open world games.
The gameplay simply does not support the story. Your character gets stronger until the end but the story makes it clear that you are getting weaker.

Nothing could fix this game for me. My biggest problem are neither the bugs, nor the missing features. It is the disconnection of story and gameplay. Why are there so many side missions when V has actually not time for them? It's either the worng story for a game like this or the other way around. It just doesn't fit. Biggest immersion breaker!
The reveal of V's condition comes way too early. V is just wasting time by doing any of the side activities.

The story itself is good. I like it. But plots like this don't work for me in open world games.
The gameplay simply does not support the story. Your character gets stronger until the end but the story makes it clear that you are getting weaker.

Any way you try to justify it, the pacing and the "ending" don't match the tone and the features presented in the Night City Wires. To the point where it makes you think that maybe it wasn't V that was doomed to find out fast that (s)he's running out of time, but rather the hard working guys and gals at CDPR.

Now there are multiple issues with how the game wraps it up, which makes any fix highly unlikely (I mean, what gig would you be interested in when you're at 100 rep? when you own the Afterlife? when you're roaming the Bad Lands with the Aldecaldos or when you're nothing but ones and zeros?

Granted, some of the choices one makes should really impact the way the world welcomes them back after the last mission - even if it's just a marking on a wall. There are savegames for other outcomes that would allow for continuous exploration. Also, Nomad is a class in CP, it turns out, just as Fixer is. Not all are Netrunners, Solos or Techies. But there's no content for a nomad (or a corpo for that matter). And there are no ways to integrate the fixer class for a playing character in CP2077.

And there's another problem. The relic changed V's body to accommodate Johnny in a matter of days, weeks at most (if one just follows the main story arc). What's stopping you from using the Saka tech with V's engram to just reformat the body? Or to - why not - insert it in a new body at the end? Based on the path you took, you'd be doing jobs for Hanako, with the nomads or just start from scratch as a new body on the streets of NC. I mean... being given everything at the end, fame, money, resources, etc, leaves a sour "Captain Marvel" feeling to it. Nothing to do, no challenge, no goal, no nothing... So yeah, all the wrap ups feel like they've been done the way they were because in the real world someone else was running out of time.

Top Bottom