What’s Your Opinion of Thronebreaker? [Spoilers]

+
Really enjoyed the game, played around 32 hours total, and now switched to an actual multiplayer card game. The story, dialogues, decisions, and of course puzzles. It was even better, especially after completing Witcher 3.

As everyone was complaining, the save system is annoying. After certain battle dialogues because my party members wanted to leave. To avoid that, I had to ctrl+alt+del the game and do the fight again, with choosing correct dialogue answer.
I understand that's part of gameplay, but losing Isabel for example could make further progression hard. Or the fight with the dragon; I thought if you don't fight it at the beginning of Mahakam, there will be some alternative story later. But there is no alternative story, and Eyck just leaves the party. And there is no way to undo that.

Thronebreaker is AMAZING. And I must add that I'm into story games and not card games. Thronebreaker join both genres so good and so well estabished in Witcher lore. I am amazed. So happy that I have purchased it and just at the beggining. I hope there will be more games like this from CDPR.

More Witcher Tales like this, please (voiced, text-based rpg adventures set before the main games, exploring other characters and events... though I can leave or take combat mechanics and puzzles resolved by a card game). CDPR just needs to set their expectations more realistically, and better promote and distribute it.

Last edited:
I just finished the game and omg I haven't been this addicted for a long time. The game is definitely better than the Witcher, at least for me.

I accidentally decided to try the game so I don't know if there will be a continuation and development of this series. I hope there will be a bigger sequel.

The idea of having card fights instead of heavy scale battles is great. As well as levels with puzzles. The only thing is that some of the puzzles were difficult so I had to watch the walkthrough

Among the shortcomings, I can single out that I would like more RPG elements and influence on the world around. For example, I didn't really like that at the end of the game, Meve decided to end the war even though I wasn't even given a choice.

Also, the game essentially consists only of moving around the map and card fights. If there were, for example, elements of economics, construction or politics, it would be a game for the ages.

Well, there are not enough characters or storylines. At the beginning of the game, I thought that the game would be divided into several stories. For example, for several chapters, where at first we play for Meve, then for her son and then for someone else, while in each chapter the conditions with cards and characters change. But it's ok

Well done developers, I hope that there will be more similar original games. Without a stupid slasher like in the Witcher sorry

(( Gascon, Reynard and Meve are now one of my favorite characters. Gascon died in my ending, and I even almost cried))

It's a very good game, but I wish they would remove the IGN rating from the header and capsule banners. I would love to display this game on my Steam profile but the rating is so distracting and blocks a part of the beautiful artwork.

Top Bottom