Wheel of fortune is bad for the game

+
And i don't agree with this point because cards like WoF ,while objectively bad, are not only few but weak and have basically not impact on the game. I don't see how the game is becoming more rng where there is literally 1 card in the entire expansion that is so RNG.

I think that's pretty clear that there's more randomness/less consistency than in old gwent, not in this expansion, in general.

Now, whether you like it or not is a matter of taste, but I think that it's pretty understandable what they are saying.

Guest 4305932

I think that's pretty clear that there's more randomness/less consistency than in old gwent, not in this expansion, in general.

Now, whether you like it or not is a matter of taste, but I think that it's pretty understandable what they are saying.

But this thread is about RNG cards not about the card draw system.

But this thread is about RNG cards not about the card draw system.

The act of shuffling and drawing cards is an inherent form of RNG. Therefore, it's kind of a necessity to include that as a consideration in any additional layers of RNG that may be added.

Guest 4305932

I don't agree. Card design should be criticized for what the card is, I don't see the necessity of considering card draw in this scenario. WoF is a bad card and would be even with beta level of consistency. At the same time, no matter of the general consistency is, is just 1 card. Midwinter added tons of consistency (tutor) but also lots of RNG (create). Create didn't became less bad because consistency was increased as well. Plus beta have already showed that hyperconsistency was not healthy for the game. Card draw and RNG cards are like apples and oranges, both fruits but not the same fruit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree. Card design should be criticized for what the card is, I don't see the necessity of considering card draw in this scenario. WoF is a bad card and would be even with beta level of consistency. At the same time, no matter of the general consistency is, is just 1 card. Midwinter added tons of consistency (tutor) but also lots of RNG (create). Create didn't became less bad because consistency was increased as well. Plus beta have already showed that hyperconsistency was not healthy for the game. Card draw and RNG cards are like apples and oranges, both fruits but not the same fruit.

My inherent argument is that the game has enough built in RNG and doesn't need more in the cards themselves. That's probably all I have said about draw RNG in this thread. I agree that WoF is bad regardless.

I don't agree. Card design should be criticized for what the card is, I don't see the necessity of considering card draw in this scenario.

Cards should be judged considering the current context of the game. In vacuum we can't really tell if it's a positive or negative addition.

Guest 4305932

Cards should be judged considering the current context of the game. In vacuum we can't really tell if it's a positive or negative addition.

In this case I'm pretty confident you can tell if is a positive or negative addition. We are talkin about the amount of RNG in that single card not about his synergies or his general power level

In this case I'm pretty confident you can tell if is a positive or negative addition.

At that point that's just an opinion.

That's where I wanted to get with the first comment in here, I find pretty normal that other people might not like the same things you do in the game.

Guest 4305932

At that point that's just an opinion.

That's where I wanted to get with the first comment in here, I find pretty normal that other people might not like the same things you do in the game.

And when i said other must like what i like? I don't like WoF.

and now they are buffing Musicians of Blavokin........

Please give me a double face palm emoji. It's needed at this moment.

MoB wasn't ever played and it's still a meme card. Now, you are just complaining for the sake of it. Also, it's only one card.

When the card was first put into the game I asked them why they were putting in a really weak RNG card because I figured they wanted it to be weak so no one could play it. Burzas response was basically that RNG cards are fun. I didn't complain much about the card specifically because it was so weak you really never saw it. Now they are buffing it and you can bet you will see this card a lot more. So logically that card is now much more relevant for this thread. I am going to guess we see it just as much if not more than Wheel of fortune.

"it's only one card" doesn't work for me as this is a very slippery slope. If players say nothing they are going to keep putting them in the game. Wheel of fortune was just one card, now here is another. Are they going to stop now ya think?

Edit: Oh and they're adding more create......yay

Last edited:
I am going to guess we see it just as much if not more than Wheel of fortune.

Maybe, but as long as there is no high roll (like with WoF), I don't really mind.

"it's only one card" doesn't work for me as this is a very slippery slope. If players say nothing they are going to keep putting them in the game. Wheel of fortune was just one card, now here is another. Are they going to stop now ya think?

That would be true, if the devs wanted to release more cards like WoF, but they have stated they want to keep meme cards like that as an exception.

Edit: Oh and they're adding more create......yay

It's only a Runestone for SY. Nothing new (or too dangerous).

Maybe, but as long as there is no high roll (like with WoF), I don't really mind.

That would be true, if the devs wanted to release more cards like WoF, but they have stated they want to keep meme cards like that an exception.

It's only a Runestone for SY. Nothing new (or too dangerous).

It does kind of have a high roll with resilience.

The devs tend to state things and then not follow through. I hate the idea of "meme cards" as they use this as an excuse to put in cards like WOF and musicians. I doubt they will stop here but hopefully they will.

Yeah I did realize that its their runestone however they decided to give it a body? wtf

Top Bottom