which sign skills worth? and sunder armor

+
which sign skills worth? and sunder armor

im trying to get my base stamina regen to atleast 40 by default but its very hard to do because most skill signs feel useless to me

for example - firestream is just not worth it...a normal igni does better job...

magic trap?not sure about it yet need to test

quen - active shield sounds cool but again im not sure if its worth ...

also i would like to know something very important!
does Sunder Armor count as 25% more damage after you use it?
or its not exactly that way?

Yrden basic absolutely, but only on pc, where you use the Yrden Unnerfed mod that let's it scale to 80% slowdown like it used to. And make sure you take the initial 2 point skill so you can put down 2 at a time. I don't use the alternate mode, as it stinks of guda.

As for Sunder Armor, save your points. It only seems to 'turn on' after you connect with a strong attack, then resets after you kill that enemy.

Yrden basic absolutely, but only on pc, where you use the Yrden Unnerfed mod that let's it scale to 80% slowdown like it used to. And make sure you take the initial 2 point skill so you can put down 2 at a time. I don't use the alternate mode, as it stinks of guda.

As for Sunder Armor, save your points. It only seems to 'turn on' after you connect with a strong attack, then resets after you kill that enemy.

Thanks for the info
i knew Sunder is a waste ^^

with griffin school and delusion i get 32 stamina regen
now
yrden intensity is another 2.5stamina regen
and sustained glyphs is another 1 stamina regen
so i can get 35 stamina per second which is nice!

any other signs worth?
i think quen is point less because no matter how big sign intensty is you still lose quen in 1-2 hits!

im trying to make the most hybrid build that use 4 decoctions without the need for potions

I usually go with:

- Axii 1 upgraded all 3 levels (enables full Axii in dialogues, and foes can be mesmerized just as they're about to hit me; mesmerized/stunned humans = very often insta-kill.)
- Axii 2 (foe muppets are fun... I share that mindset with Lambert. ;) )
- Igni 1 upgraded as often as I can
- Igni 3 upgraded as much as I can

All of these are IMHO definitely worth it.

Basic Quen seems good enough. Quen regenerating health while I maintain it seemed wonky and didn't heal for a lot.
Alternate mode stuff I never really experimented with.

Aard and Yrden are things I rarely if ever use.

Last edited:
I usually go with:

- Axii 1 upgraded all 3 levels (enables full Axii in dialogues, and foes can be mesmerized just as they're about to hit me; mesmerized humans = very often insta-kill.)
- Axii 2 (foe muppets are fun)
- Igni 1 upgraded as often as I can
- Igni 3 upgraded as much as I can

All of these are IMHO definitely worth it.

Agree, in fact in new playthroughs, instead of heading straight to the inn in white orchard, I put three points into Axii via places of power, got to maximize that xp.

If you don't want to faf about dancing and parrying, quen is always useful too.

Alternate Yrden is nice if you have Entanglement runeword in your armor.
Quen - Active Shield is cool if you want to save potions to regain health. Also, if you have invigoration runeword in your sword, you could charge your extra damage using active shield.

I agree with firestream, completely useless. Just good for cutscenes and making art with your fighting.

Sunder armor for me is useful, IF you use sword often. Since it works for both fast attack and strong attack.

When I have to take another blue skill, I go with the only igni skill that I personally find useful (that being for crowd control), Pyromaniac.

Also, I hope you also have Synergy as a staple. Doubles up everything with those Greater Mutagens, including the stamina regen from the blue's.

When I have to take another blue skill, I go with the only igni skill that I personally find useful (that being for crowd control), Pyromaniac.

Also, I hope you also have Synergy as a staple. Doubles up everything with those Greater Mutagens, including the stamina regen from the blue's.

blue mutegens do not give stamina regen ^^
and thanks for the info guys im gonna tweak my build with your tips and

p.s
i always use synergy^^

I'm running an alchemy/sign build with manicore gear. For signs, I focus purely on quen & igni, full columns.

My current NG+ DM build has three Sign abilities, the ones I find most useful: Delusion, Melt Armor and Far-reaching Aard. I never use Quen or Yrden (Quen is easy mode, and I have superior Moon Dust to replace Yrden), so saw no point in investing them.

I only really invested in Aard to make it easier to get the Humpty Dumpty achievement. :p

My current NG+ DM build has three Sign abilities, the ones I find most useful: Delusion, Melt Armor and Far-reaching Aard. I never use Quen or Yrden (Quen is easy mode, and I have superior Moon Dust to replace Yrden), so saw no point in investing them.

I only really invested in Aard to make it easier to get the Humpty Dumpty achievement. :p

Melt Armor - whats that for ? does it really worth it ?
and what about that far reaching aard?find it useful ?

Melt Armor - whats that for ? does it really worth it ?
and what about that far reaching aard?find it useful ?

Melt Armor melts armor. ;) In other words it makes Igni weaken enemy armor, which I believe is useful against armored enemies. Not so much with wolves and the like. :p

I definitely find it useful having longer range with Aard. It's especially good against fast enemies such as the aforementioned wolves, or Nekkers.

Melt Armor melts armor. ;) In other words it makes Igni weaken enemy armor, which I believe is useful against armored enemies. Not so much with wolves and the like. :p

I definitely find it useful having longer range with Aard. It's especially good against fast enemies such as the aforementioned wolves, or Nekkers.
my build got 1 last slot

im still thinking if it should be a SIGN there or Tissue transmutation for another 4k HP
not sure yet

another sign means more 1.5 stamina regen ( i alrdy got 34)
i got enough damage
both rend and whirl
got high andrenaline point gain -
got all the best alchemy skills

delusion for exp/quests
melt armor for stamina regen - not sure if its working on guys with shield < so which kind of enemies we talk about ?

so my last slot can be used to some kind of sign or Tissue transmutation which gives me another 4 K Health

still tweaking my build :d

the only way to slow them down to 80% is using that un nerf mod which feels broken to me

Perhaps, if you're comparing it to things like Melt Armor, Ardsweep, and Puppet.

But I don't use any signs except Yrden. And I center my combat around Rend, adrenaline points and high crit's. The slowdown, which was present in the vanilla game for the first few months, helps me achieve those Rend strikes against the faster targets. The default 42% doesn't really put a dent in anything other than Spectres. And it's not like even a high slowdown rate allows you do do what you want (some enemies are 100% unaffected), so I see it as how it should have been all along.

Perhaps, if you're comparing it to things like Melt Armor, Ardsweep, and Puppet.

But I don't use any signs except Yrden. And I center my combat around Rend, adrenaline points and high crit's. The slowdown, which was present in the vanilla game for the first few months, helps me achieve those Rend strikes against the faster targets. The default 42% doesn't really put a dent in anything other than Spectres. And it's not like even a high slowdown rate allows you do do what you want (some enemies are 100% unaffected), so I see it as how it should have been all along.

I,m still testing some skills
not sure if Melt Armor really does anything because i already got 250-300% sign intensity - so does Armor melting worth at all?

for Yrden i just use Bombs instead
if you want an easier way to control rend - rebind your Strong attack to something else , i did for the 2 extra mouse buttons on my Zowie EC2-A so now its much easier to control rend + i got the runeword for the extra Range so its pretty easy hit with rend

Delusion is very nice because you not only get extra exp and funny quest moments - you also stun enemies faster
im thinking about combine Delusion with Domination so i can stun 2 enemies per cast and get the extra 2.5 stamina regen

as i said im still messing with the skills to test them out - need a right answer regarding Melt Armor because so far i have no idea if its worth it with high sign intensity

i also need to unlock the last slot and for that i need more skill points and many more mutegens so its work in progress :)

but i know eventully ill have the best build that offers everything the game got :)

Heh, the one thing I do NOT use is the Severance runeword. To me that is the most broken thing in the game. For both Rend and Whirl. Talk about easy mode...

I also am trying to get the 4th mutagen slot unlocked.... 7 points seems a bit excessive though.

I go for Aard (enemies get blasted to the ground and beg to be impaled by Vlad Geralt`s sword) and for Yrden.
On the PC you can make Yrden very useful with 80-90% slowdown, not the nerfed-down 100% useless console-Yrden.

Top Bottom