Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

+
The characters I create are people who I would love to partner with in a reality like this. I've read some Jessica Jones comics and watched the television series. The actor Krysten Ritter, is what sold it for me. She played the role so well. Even though she could be a tough prick; she was there for her friends. My character, is a bit different in personality. She doesn't necessarily have to be a tough prick; because she finds pride in her work. Does she like money?; yes. Does she drink?; occasionally. Is she single?; yes. So what is her motive? It's hard for me to say at this point. She isn't originally from Night City. Her practice in private investigations is what brought her here. Cybernetics and nano technology is of interest to her; but what extent; I don't know.

My character does value humanity, but has always been fascinated by what cybernetics can do for a human being. Extended life is definitely on her to do list. Being able to live past the normal human life span allows her to build towards new things and continue her work. Why is something of this nature of great value to her? We all know that things don't always stay the same. Eventually there could be a war/apocalypse/ice age that sends man back to the stone ages. Information and resources are lost and we revert back to our original 21 century conditions. Being a survivor and preserving cybernetic resources; may help her live on to see the next evolution.

She doesn't necessarily have to be a tough prick

For me this is huge. I like playing genuine heroes and villains. In a lot of games the heroes are self righteous airheads who are full of themselves. They never feel genuine in their heroism. Same thing for a lot of villains. Writers are afraid of making genuinely evil characters and they end up making it impossible to be a legit bad guy.

I hope as far as the actual writing is concerned the good choices feel heroic and the bad choices make you feel genuinely guilty.

You make a valid point. From what they say; there is a lot of decision making that will require the gamer's full attention. Missing certain decisions, could be costly. During the gameplay; you have a choice whether to take the job from the corporation lady. Of course, that puts you on her pay role. Honestly, I would have just went to the hide out, well armed and taken the goods by force. Again, this risky because I in turn could create enemies. Now if we link it to your theory; that greed could cost me the life of a friend. So in turn, I would feel evil.

As the developers stated; there will be a lot of replay value to this game. I'm stuck between wanting to be greedy or good. I'll probably do a careful playthrough of being good and then do another one, where I go buck wild, guns blazing and asking questions afterwards.

They say you can become friends or enemies with Johnny. I think siding with the corp will be the fastest way to get him to hate you. That being said, I doubt you'll really be able to become a corporate ally.

I can almost guarantee you'll be able to do jobs for corporations at some point in the game. It'd be disappointing if you couldn't. That being said, it's in their nature to chose their own interests over you. I'm willing to bet if you do jobs for the corp it ends with you getting screwed over and blacklisted 100% of the time without exception.

I seriously doubt we'll be able to end the game being buddy buddy with the major corporate overlords.

They say you can become friends or enemies with Johnny. I think siding with the corp will be the fastest way to get him to hate you. That being said, I doubt you'll really be able to become a corporate ally.

I can almost guarantee you'll be able to do jobs for corporations at some point in the game. It'd be disappointing if you couldn't. That being said, it's in their nature to chose their own interests over you. I'm willing to bet if you do jobs for the corp it ends with you getting screwed over and blacklisted 100% of the time without exception.

I seriously doubt we'll be able to end the game being buddy buddy with the major corporate overlords.
My thoughts exactly. This is why I’m keen for the DLC to see if they expand upon these things and lets us join factions or take things further

I agree. Creating DLC that requires the gamer to finish the game, in order to do another playthrough, will in turn; keep people playing the game. If there is a DLC that is only accessible through a particular character; one could expect that it could be with a character that you meet at the beginning of the game. Maybe this character gives you something or offers you a job that in turn steers the story in another direction. I'll go to the extreme and say that the DLC is accessible from the start when you walk out from your apartment. Imagine, not going to meet the guy with the cigar sitting in the backseat. That's an entirely different path. I highly doubt CD Project Red would go to that extreme; but rather opening up an area to the gamers, which introduce them to newer people.

I want to roleplay my first V as a woman of nomadic origin. She was born and raised among the Aldecaldos (although I haven't given much tought about her "tribe" yet, might change her Family in the future) and, thanks to her upbringing, had a decent-enough education to be kinda proficient in technical stuff, a bit of social skills (without being the most charismatic gal in the world :LOL: ), knows how to hold and point a gun without being a sharpshooter, and is even capable of handling a bit of crystaljocking/netrunning, with the desire of learning even more about those skills (like a shonen anime protagonist in that regard, I guess? :LOL: )

However, her strongest desire of them all is to know more about the way of the edgerunner in a place like Night City, after a life of knowing only the Road, not physically settling anywhere for as long as she always wanted, and not getting to know more new and exciting people outside of her community.

Perhaps people like Jackie and T-Bug are the type of friends she has always looked for? Or, although she's not dumb, perhaps she would do well to not be so trusting of new people, no matter how exciting life with them might sound? :think:

(Perhaps Stout is the lover she's always wanted in her life? ...Nah, too cold and mean that one :ROFLMAO: )

I love roleplaying the new-kid-in-town kind of characters (e.g. the recently amnesiac, a fish-out-of-water rogue, a tourist or explorer in a never-visited-before location, an undercover agent on a new assigment, etc.), so naturally that's how I want to approach the origin and first developments of my V.

2nd teaser is male, his voice works great for the character portrayed.
Not sure it'd work if he had another skin tone tho, joys of voice acting.

For me he sounds more like a Jesse Pinkman/Marshall Mathers type of guy, that is, a white guy with a very urban accent, so to speak. I feel he's not someone anyone would mistake for a stereotypical white guy (disclaimer: I'm not from the US, so don't take my words as gospel).

The same for female V, perhaps worse in her case because so far, for me, she sounds "whiter" than male V (disclaimer #2: I like her performance a lot regardless :ok:)

So, even though their voices are a better fit for white Vs, perhaps they could work too for other ethnicities, up to a extent. The alternative (to have more actors for V and tie their voices to their skin colors) would give a more realistic result but I don't know if it's really feasible for huge games like this one.

The best example I know of a game that did that fairly well was Dragon Age: Inquisition but it had the benefit of being a game in a relatively new fantasy setting, where rules about accents and ethnicity can be way more flexible than settings based in the real world.

Last edited:
My first play thru will definitely be Female and Male second
I'm not interested in the game itself, just the character creation/customization software
Post automatically merged:

Can anyone help me find a finished product of the games character creation/customization software

I really doubt you will get your hands on CC before the game comes out .

I can say that my character's personality is genuinely good. At times she can be a bit of a thrill seeker; but it's very disciplined. She does recognize danger and will use her skills to avoid it if she has to. Her private investigative work has taken her to some dangerous places, which is why she knows has to address a dangerous person when she comes face to face with one. As a skilled private I; Roslyn knows how to blend in and acts as if she belongs there. This in turn requires extensive training and learning an area's history. She does this all, without having to rely on nano-tech. Everything she has learned is all the natural brain.

Roslyn does club from time to time. She has done some pretty noble work for high paying clients. Her achievements have definitely earned her a good pay, which allow her to afford nice outings in Night City. Roslyn is not in any committed relationships, but does have people who like her. For some reason these people are other woman. One of her client's include an British business woman who hired her to track down a business associate that embezzled money and fled Night City. Roslyn was able to locate the associate and secretly reroute the stolen funds; back to her client. Roslyn was greeted with a sizable payment. Her client did develop an affection for her and still until this day shares a fancy for her.

Guest 4401416

My first play thru will definitely be Female and Male second

I really doubt you will get your hands on CC before the game comes out .
That sucks. Oh well. Don't blame a guy for trying.
Don't know if I'll play it. I stink at playing console games. Unless I can get it on my computer.

If I were to role play in the game, I would do so as a guy who can kick the bad guys out the door like the sheriff in an old Western movie. Or maybe a tough as nails, no nonsense woman, who is tough and willing to kick ass and bend the rules, but willing to stick to her own personal beliefs (so much so that even at 28 years old she is still a virgin and never kissed a man).

Despite the fact that she has looks that would make margot robbie jealous

Last edited by a moderator:
Douglas Quaid, After a recurring Dream about a city of neon and woman I’ve never met, I Tried to live that dream in VR, After that went horribly wrong, I am now getting my Ass to Night City.

I'm not going to role-play or dress like Neo, but during my first playthrough I'm going to play like this:

With katana and a silence movement cyberware to stealth kill/slash enemies while running.

Hacker/techie and tank playthrough will come later.

(Obvious inspiration is obvious)

Like to play someone like above in a melee stealth net runner built. Play it like batman, use net running to weaken the enemy as much as possible before jumping in with mantis blades or if possible claws. Not sure how much i can personalize her but head canon she is a bit nutty liking to use that and voodoo to intimidate or confuse opponents in both combat and talk. She is smarter than she acts on though can be cruel and ruthless, she has morals and a code leaning trying to the correct things when she can.

I or my character will likely favor corpo or PMC related armor, clothing sets and styles, but will adapt with any extended interactions with other factions such as gangs and so on.

I like to go with the flow of some environments. While the corpo clothing or style preference is an expression of the former corpo background, it sometimes helps to "look the part" while being in wildly different areas and not stick out like a sore thumb.

It depends on how far the augmentation system in the game goes. They talked about no full borgs and I don’t think you can get the optical face mount that the Maelstrom have. In the table top/lore there are “exotics” aka furries and extreme biosculptures. One character I would want to build would be a techno devil, digitigrade legs preferably with hooves, horns and a tail. The tail is more important to me than the legs and horns. But in general I want a taskmaster temptress with whips and the Flathead. Less stealth more speed, shotguns, SMGs, and Mantis blades. Corpo background

another build assuming the gorilla arms are incompatible with mantis blades, is Unarmed, two-handed, and LMGs, heavy techie focus. Nomad background. Sort of like a gentle giant. strong focus on conflict resolution, but crushing force as a second option. Kinda like that Walking Tall movie. Less stealth more alternate pathing.

In the deep dive video + Q&A from 8 months ago they hinted at a more combat capable build/modification for the flathead and I’ve just been pumped since I first saw the Flathead in the 48 minute gameplay. I’m a skyrim nerd more than I am for the Witcher and I love the Conjuration spells especially the wolves, so having flathead act as a constant summon companion would be my dream.

While I won't RP a specific pre-existing character, I have to admit that Molly Millions (the first, the original street samurai) is/will be a huge inspiration. In the books she not only walks the walk and talks the talk; she is also true mercenary, appearing in multiple Gibson's books working for different employers under different aliases. I shudder to think how much Molly has influenced popular culture and cyberpunk in general. From Motoko Kusanagi to Trinity to Lady Deathstrike etc. When CP2020 books speak of "razor girls", they are referring to her.

I want to think that my character will have similar "past that is dead and should to be buried", so that my V will exist solely as the mercenary she is post-cybernetization. No past, only future. Sacrifice everything for the chance at true strength. I'm reminded of Jennefer's transformation in the witcher netflix series. Molly in the books sold her body (with her consciousness switched off while at it) in order to get the money for the cyber implants. Real badasses are tragic characters.

For this, I think street kid is the best lifepath. Nomads have family ties, if not for their real family, then the nomads who they lived with.
Honestly, the idea of someone raised as a nomad losing that family might be the most tragic backstory, we’ll just have to see

CDPR has talked about fluid gender/genitals Masc bod with female genitalia ect. I just wanna know if they have more voices than the male and female V voices we have seen so far because neither of them really work as androgynous for me. But that might just be my inner cisnormative biases talking.

Last edited:
I just wanna know if they have more voices than the male and female V voices we have seen so far because neither of them really work as androgynous for me. But that might just be my inner cisnormative biases talking.

I'm 99.999% sure that they won't. The amount of voicework for the main protagonist is gargatuan. Any more voice actors reading the same lines would multiply this. But I can live with it, as long as we have a voiced protagonist.

I wanna play a handsome, talkative guy, who likes subtle weaponry and discreet tactics.
Also, his name would be Arnold for... no reason :howdy:

T2_judgment_day.png

I just wanna know if they have more voices than the male and female V voices we have seen so far because neither of them really work as androgynous for me. But that might just be my inner cisnormative biases talking.

If not include in the game, I'm almost sure some modders will try to make a voice pitching option for CC.

My inspiration for the corporate part.
Tess Mercer (Smallville) fierce, fun and smart woman.
Discovering the corporate world and torn between some moral choices towards the corporation and the people.
842b9dd3-7561-49ff-854c-fcd7d48dbc0b.jpg

Top Bottom